Looking for Trial&Error experiences feedback Frankenstein lift

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at those pics, I can almost guarantee that your top rubber isolators are installed incorrectly and they are what's causing your spring bow.

FrankJTRSARG3

Looking at those pics, I can almost guarantee that your top rubber isolators are installed incorrectly and they are what's causing your spring bow.
This is the kit that it’s installed. Only the 1” inch puck is in there.

this was installed when I had my mopar lift done. At that time both my springs bowed. I then added the RK lower correction pads and the bowing went away. But the passenger stayed a bit off and was told it was normal since mopar says bowing is normal 🤷🏻‍♂️. I just placed my TF coils on return. And instead going to try to get the entire lift from Clayton as I originally had plan for my build I’m looking at the 3.5 overland plus with all control arms

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is the kit that it’s installed. Only the 1” inch puck is in there.

this was installed when I had my mopar lift done. At that time both my springs bowed. I then added the RK lower correction pads and the bowing went away. But the passenger stayed a bit off and was told it was normal since mopar says bowing is normal 🤷🏻‍♂️. I just placed my TF coils on return. And instead going to try to get the entire lift from Clayton as I originally had plan for my build I’m looking at the 3.5 overland plus with all control arms
I can't tell from the images shown in the link BUT, if the spacers are flat, that is your problem. And, it wouldn't surprise me in the least being that they're made by TeraFlex and you're using them with Mopar coils. If you look at your old factory upper isolators, they are sloped and have nipples that help index them correctly. Depending on the springs you install, you actually need to cut the nipples and clock the isolators to help get rid of the bow.

A good spacer kit is just that, spacers and not all that other stuff you got with yours and it would utilize the factory isolators.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Found it! This link will show you what I'm talking about

FrankJTRSARG3

The instruction from teraflex says to use the spacer at the top and isolator at the bottom. So cutting the original isolator and twisting it will help? Will it have to be 90’ or a 180 twist. Or just twist till it sits straight?

Attachments

• IMG_7005.jpeg
    IMG_7005.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 2

FrankJTRSARG3

The instruction from teraflex says to use the spacer at the top and isolator at the bottom. So cutting the original isolator and twisting it will help? Will it have to be 90’ or a 180 twist. Or just twist till it sits straight?
I see the photos. So a 180 will do. I’ll try that this weekend when I get time and see how it does.

jeeeep

Hooked
is it possible they are side specific?

FrankJTRSARG3

Wondering if it's also the same for the TF spacers since the coils are side specific
The teraflex spacer doesn’t seem to be side specific. It only shows on the instructions to make sure the spacer is at the top then isolator then spring. But as previously mention here. The top isolator might need to be rotated 180 since originally it’s thicker on one side.

Top Bottom