Low Budget Willys Crawler

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
So after looking at the truck more I realized that the cab was sitting high in the rear and the frame was level. Also after further inspection, the rear cab mounts were fabricated and not original. So I chopped an inch out of the rear and it sits level now. Also I’ve now come to the conclusion that this truck was never converted over to the J20 frame contrary to what the story was about the truck. More customization on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Finally got the grille and hood on. Definitely motivating seeing it come together. IMG_3672.jpg
IMG_3673.jpg
Now I’m mocking up some sliders klungly built for another project. Should be pretty sweet when I’m done. IMG_3675.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
So I decided to sell the D60 to klungly because it was too narrow. He tore it apart and it turned out to be D70. He’s still going to throw it in his TJ. I found a 14 bolt with the same gear ratio as up front for $150. IMG_4206.jpg
IMG_4220.jpg I need to set the pinion angle before I weld the perches but I needed weight on the frame to ensure it was all going to work out. So I shifted to building a gas tank mount and mounting the flatbed.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Got the gas tank from a 1978 F250 out of the junkyard for $40. IMG_4247.jpg Decided to mount it forward of the axle to keep it out of the way of any rocks and stuff. It sits high enough in the frame that it won’t come close to the DS. I will still build some sort of skid plate.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Finally got the flatbed mounted with a few modifications from the original design. IMG_4330.jpg
IMG_4331.jpg
Also decided to chop the frame six inches.
IMG_4338.jpg
IMG_4339.jpg
IMG_4346.jpg
IMG_4347.jpg
Headache Rack
IMG_4350.jpg
IMG_4355.jpg
IMG_4357.jpg
Still need to trim the boards to fit.

jdofmemi

Coming together.

I like what you did with the fuel tank.

Better for weight there than hanging out in the rear as well, and it looks centered, so no lean.

Top Bottom