Lowe's To Sell Craftsman Tools

JAGS

Hooked
That's a big get for Lowes over HD. I'll bet they carry Kobalt as the value brand and the Craftsman as the "premium" brand. They do the same in other parts of the store with value brands.

Maybe Lowes will offer value shipping?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So cool to see! Hopefully they ditch the kobalt stuff for all craftsman stuff

Agreed, I may be the exception but I haven't had good luck with few kobalt tools I've bought

Nope, same here. Haven’t had good luck with them myself

I refused to buy China made Craftsman. The only reason I bought it, was because it was Made in the USA. I’ll be looking at it for future purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While some Craftsman tools are made in China, not all of them are. They are labeled accordingly too.

As for tools on the trail go, I won't lie, I do carry some Harbor Freight ones such as a BFH, pry bar and even a torque wrench but pretty much all my sockets, box wrenches and the like are old made in America Craftsman. This wasn't always the case but after years of breaking tools on the trail - a time when I needed them to work most, I started to replace what I had with something better. Needless to say, I pretty much have 2 complete sets of Craftsman tools now.

notnalc68

While some Craftsman tools are made in China, not all of them are. They are labeled accordingly too.

As for tools on the trail go, I won't lie, I do carry some Harbor Freight ones such as a BFH, pry bar and even a torque wrench but pretty much all my sockets, box wrenches and the like are old made in America Craftsman. This wasn't always the case but after years of breaking tools on the trail - a time when I needed them to work most, I started to replace what I had with something better. Needless to say, I pretty much have 2 complete sets of Craftsman tools now.

I have a lot of Craftsman stuff. The last couple of times I went to Sears, all they had was China stuff. I did buy a 21mm combination wrench, from their website that was USA made.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a lot of Craftsman stuff. The last couple of times I went to Sears, all they had was China stuff. I did buy a 21mm combination wrench, from their website that was USA made.

Fortunately, I haven't needed to buy too many tools in the last few years but being that we don't have a Sears in town, a big one anyway, I typically order what I need online and like you, I make sure they are made in the USA.

notnalc68

Fortunately, I haven't needed to buy too many tools in the last few years but being that we don't have a Sears in town, a big one anyway, I typically order what I need online and like you, I make sure they are made in the USA.

Oh yeah. They do have that as a search option, online.

metalic

Ah, you've got one of them Sears home stores. We have one too but like yours, it sucks. I am surprised that you still have a K-mart though. I thought they all closed a long time ago.
We have a hometown store which is owned by good people and give good advice however with the tools if you break one they have to order the replacement where the old stores handed you one from under the counter and away you went. I've had good luck other the ratchets and ratchet wrenches.

We also have a Kmart and can't see how they're still open .

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I have a Mix of Craftsman & Husky... I think Husky has stepped it up. I also have 2 of their rollaways and they are Good quality... Craftsman at Lowes is Awesome!... closer drive than Sears [emoji1360]

IMG_5408.JPG

Top Bottom