Lucas Injector Cleaner VS Seafoam

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Here is another clip of the tick.

The first clip I posted, I was parked on asphalt and the sound is louder.

This clip, I’m parked in my gravel driveway and this one with the hood up.

https://youtu.be/J1UZWAHXv74

My friends 2013 JKUR makes that same exact noise. Dealership said his timing chain is stretched out and his push rods were going bad. Basically, his engine is toast!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
My friends 2013 JKUR makes that same exact noise. Dealership said his timing chain is stretched out and his push rods were going bad. Basically, his engine is toast!

I'm pretty sure these engines don't have push rods. That dealer needs to re-train the tech (or the service advisor).

sipafz

Caught the Bug
That sounds way loud, like valvetrain loud to me. I would grab a mechanic stethoscope and see if you can narrow it down a bit.

^^^ Like mentioned, I would try and get a listen. You can use a long screw driver to amplify the sound if you don’t have fancy tools.

The background rattle noise in your second video sounds like the injectors. The prominent ticking noise sounds like a bad rocker arm. Unfortunately rather common on the 3.6.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Damn, this pisses me off since the mechanic was just in there and didn’t look into that.

Is this something that will be okay for a little while to drive on? Or should be taken care of immediately?

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Damn, this pisses me off since the mechanic was just in there and didn’t look into that.

Is this something that will be okay for a little while to drive on? Or should be taken care of immediately?

I would look into sooner rather than later.

The 3 point ticks. God I hate these engines. I hope it all works out for you and it’s nothing major.

I am a fan of sea foam though. I use it on all my small engine stuff. I think it works well.

Pick up some sea foam. Can not the spray, Put 1/3 of the can in the gas tank 1/3 of the can into the oil and the more difficult 1/3 into the intake. Warm up the engine, a short drive to the bank or something, but not super hot. Then either very slowly poor it into the intake (it’ll stutter a bit, try not to stall it) or use a vacuum line to suck it in once all of its in turn the engine off and let it work. Then when you restart it, the engine will burn off a crap ton of nasty and throw a smoke screen like James Bond could only dream of

First how to video I could find.

https://youtu.be/7VMGQrvwfGE

YouTube people think it’s smart to redline the engine to get it out, don’t be that guy, half revs then when the smoke is mostly gone go for a drive. If you have turn down exhaust tip and like your driveway throw a piece of cardboard on the ground.

If it doesn’t quiet your engine down you’re only out 10 bucks and will have a slightly cleaner engine.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Pick up some sea foam. Can not the spray, Put 1/3 of the can in the gas tank 1/3 of the can into the oil and the more difficult 1/3 into the intake. Warm up the engine, a short drive to the bank or something, but not super hot. Then either very slowly poor it into the intake (it’ll stutter a bit, try not to stall it) or use a vacuum line to suck it in once all of its in turn the engine off and let it work. Then when you restart it, the engine will burn off a crap ton of nasty and throw a smoke screen like James Bond could only dream of

YouTube people think it’s smart to redline the engine to get it out, don’t be that guy, half revs then when the smoke is mostly gone go for a drive. If you have turn down exhaust tip and like your driveway throw a piece of cardboard on the ground.

If it doesn’t quiet your engine down you’re only out 10 bucks and will have a slightly cleaner engine.

Thank you for that idea! I’ll do that before anything else. Could save me a few hundred bucks if it works [emoji106]

wjtstudios

Hooked

For years, I’d do that on the scrambler to keep it from spark knocking. I always had to do it on my dads property. If I tried doing that in my downtown district that I live in, half my neighbors would call the fire department 🤣

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked
Don’t forget to change the oil and filter in like 500ish miles or so as well.

Will do, it’s about time for an oil change anyways.

For years, I’d do that on the scrambler to keep it from spark knocking. I always had to do it on my dads property. If I tried doing that in my downtown district that I live in, half my neighbors would call the fire department 🤣

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’m glad to hear of a good report from Seafoam

Top Bottom