Mail Call - 1975 Jeep DJ5

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Cool project! A friend of my dads had one of those. When I was a kid, we would deer hunt together and remember bouncing around in the back. That thing seemed to be unstoppable!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's why I always make sure to buy a piece of old iron that's at least driveable. That way, you can work in stages and still have fun with it along the way. :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What a choir it was to get the old ball joints out. Ball joint tool is almost impossible. Bought a press yesterday and got it set up. This morning the jack decides not to work, so went out to find hydraulic fluid to which everyone has gallon jugs. Finally found one, jack still doesn’t work. So I finally took the bottle jack from the jeep and threw it on the press and it pressed them right out. Getting them cleaned up and painted so hopefully I can install later tonight.

IMG_7520.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Back to it. Getting this thing back together for now with the parts I have. Need the garage space so I need to be able to move it around.

That's why I always make sure to buy a piece of old iron that's at least driveable. That way, you can work in stages and still have fun with it along the way. :yup:

Bingo. Major advantage.

Bought a press yesterday and got it set up.

Congrats on the new press. Awesome tool to have available.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Bingo. Major advantage.

Congrats on the new press. Awesome tool to have available.

I wasn’t going to buy one because my garage is filling up with tools faster than I can arrange space but I went to a couple shops to have them pressed out and the first one told me their press couldn’t do it and the other said it was $200. I decided to go buy a press for $150 and save the $50. I’ll use it a lot I’m sure.

WJCO

Meme King
I wasn’t going to buy one because my garage is filling up with tools faster than I can arrange space but I went to a couple shops to have them pressed out and the first one told me their press couldn’t do it and the other said it was $200. I decided to go buy a press for $150 and save the $50. I’ll use it a lot I’m sure.

Almost identical scenario here. I bought it to save about the same amount of labor and have helped myself, friends, and family since. If you have the room, it is a worthwhile purchase.

Top Bottom