mcmahonbj buld thread

pvanweelden

wow, $110 is insane! I had thought it was $60 from them :(
The only other option that I know of is to make an enclosure out of sheet metal and use a 6 position switch panel from otrattw.com VM6-01 $9.30. or you could mount it to the left side of the lower dash like noroad did.
I emailed daystar about making a upper windshield mount with more than just 5 switches, but never heard back from them :(

mcmahonbj

wow, $110 is insane! I had thought it was $60 from them :(
The only other option that I know of is to make an enclosure out of sheet metal and use a 6 position switch panel from otrattw.com VM6-01 $9.30. or you could mount it to the left side of the lower dash like noroad did.
I emailed daystar about making a upper windshield mount with more than just 5 switches, but never heard back from them :(

I guess my pickyness is gonna cost me... I wish the lower panel fit 12voltguys 6-switch panel... I just cant bite the bullet and pay that puch and the shipping is $20 of that price insane! and a rip off if you ask me

mcmahonbj

Thank you Sir' ETA 1.5 weeks approx than Pictures will follow and parts will be getting installed!!!:rock::rock::rock::rock:

mcmahonbj

Ordered:
RECON 10500 Winch Premium Kit
-Synthetic Rope
-Wireless Remote
-10' Tree Saver/Tow Strap
-Snatch Block
-x2 D-Rings
-Waterproof Cover
-Polished Hawse

Still need to order:

Factor 55 Prolink
Factor 44 Winch Lock
ARB 17500 Snatch Strap
ARB Large Recovery Bag
or
Smittybilt Tailgate Cover
Poison Spyder Hawse

mcmahonbj

Just Ordered:

Factor 55 Pro Link (Red)
Factor 55 Winch Lock
Poison Spyder Aluminum Hawse Fairlead (Black)
Smittybilt GEAR Tailgate Cover (Black)
12voltguy In-Cab Winch Switch Panel w/ Wiring Kit

Last edited:

mcmahonbj

Do I need these? I know my buddy mounted his MTRs and needed no balancing on his slabs. I will also be running 37" MTRs with Slabs.

Or can I just go to a Sears to have them balanced or a local Jeep JK friendly location?

DBS-OR10
Off Road Pack 10
(1) Dyna Beads 10 oz Bag $20.90

BBG

Do I need these? I know my buddy mounted his MTRs and needed no balancing on his slabs. I will also be running 37" MTRs with Slabs.

Or can I just go to a Sears to have them balanced or a local Jeep JK friendly location?

DBS-OR10
Off Road Pack 10
(1) Dyna Beads 10 oz Bag $20.90

Witch ever one is cheapest and convenient for you, they both work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

If you have access to scale that does ounces (postal scale) ;)
go to walmart and buy the biggest bottle of airsoft bb's- usually less than $15. One big bottle will do 4 tires @ 10-12 ounces each

noroad

Who has a suggestion or idea for a 6-switch panel. Only one I can find is Spod and they want $110 shipped just for the Panel kit!!! Insane if you tell me thats 25% of the kit price. I already have a power distro custom system...

Mine was about 120$ ish!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394496533.444317.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394496533.444317.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 144
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394496488.595133.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394496488.595133.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 145

mcmahonbj

If you have access to scale that does ounces (postal scale) ;)
go to walmart and buy the biggest bottle of airsoft bb's- usually less than $15. One big bottle will do 4 tires @ 10-12 ounces each

i have a fewd scale lol... I will just order some ceramic Airsoft BBs heard those are better to use... How am I supposed to add them in? what if there isn't enough what if there is too much do I have to redo my wheels?

mcmahonbj

Love them so far in reach but out of the way of me i am 6.2 so clears my knee fine!

Hmm I may have to look at doing the 12voltguy 6-switch panel here. Now have to decide where to put the 12voltguy in cab winch panel thank you noroad clean RIG

noroad

Hmm I may have to look at doing the 12voltguy 6-switch panel here. Now have to decide where to put the 12voltguy in cab winch panel thank you noroad clean RIG

No problem i had a bunch of help from the guys on here as well!

pvanweelden

i have a fewd scale lol... I will just order some ceramic Airsoft BBs heard those are better to use... How am I supposed to add them in? what if there isn't enough what if there is too much do I have to redo my wheels?

Figure out how much you want in each wheel, start pouring into a fountain cup, weigh it, then the cup into the wheel (with one bead broken from the rim) reseat bead. done. move onto the next tire.
I bought 2 of the biggest bottles from wal-mart, and did 11 oz in 5 tires using just under 1 of the bottles (guessing it was a 4 lb bottle)

mcmahonbj

Figure out how much you want in each wheel, start pouring into a fountain cup, weigh it, then the cup into the wheel (with one bead broken from the rim) reseat bead. done. move onto the next tire.
I bought 2 of the biggest bottles from wal-mart, and did 11 oz in 5 tires using just under 1 of the bottles (guessing it was a 4 lb bottle)

Hmm lol kinda makes sense well I dont even have the wheel setup on yet I can throw them in when I install the Slabs.... I am ordering the ceramic airsoft BBs.

Thank you for the advice sir

Top Bottom