mcmahonbj buld thread

mcmahonbj

Tomorrow Installing:
ATX Slabs
Goodyear MTR 37s

Starting to install parts... IDK where to start I am thinking bumpers, sliders and fenders.

Also picking up some Rubi sliders tomorrow from a local guy to pair with the ACE Sliders.

mcmahonbj

lets see...

Friday:
-Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar 37x12.5R17 Tires
-ATX Slab Wheels 17x9
-ORE Black Lug Nut/Lock Kit (Inc. Spare)

Saturday:
-ACE Engineering Pro Series Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier
----x2 Lifetime LED SR Light Bars 7.5"
-Superchip Flashcal

Sunday:
-ACE Engineering Pro Series Front Bumper w/ Bull Bar
----x1 Lifetime LED SR Light Bar 21.5"
-ACE Engineering Wide Tubular Fenders
-ACE Engineering Rotopax/Jerry Can Mount
-ACE Bolt-On Rock Sliders
-Truck-Lite LED Headlights Headlights w/ Anti-Flicker Harness and Self-Defrosting Military Lenses
-Offroad Elements Superior Grill Mesh
-Vector Offroad UFOs (tailgate)
-Rugged Ridge Hood Lock Kit
-Rubicon "Take-Off" Rails

Monday:
-JK-1 2D Spiderwebshade
-Trek Armor Seat Covers
-ACE Engineering Rear Cargo Tray

Last edited:

mcmahonbj

To connect the relay box you will have to route the 10 foot long 6 wire cable into the jeep, to your switch panel. In those 6 wires you will have a constant power, ground, and the remaining 4 wires control the relays. You will also have to connect the power and ground wires to the battery.
From the relay box to the switches I will give you 10 feet of 6 wire cable (more then enough) and a 6 wire waterproof connector (you will have to assemble the connector after the cable is fed through the fire wall). On the relay box side you will have to make 2 connections, power and a ground. All in all it should be very simple to install.

I am just confused on the switch portion...
What do I use for constant power and the ground for the cable? also for the switches what do I use for ignition which im assuming is the same for the constant power and the illumination.

mcmahonbj

Last Night Finished:
-Angry Offroad power distro box
-Wired front Lifetime LED 21.5" light bar
-ARB air compressor install
-6-switch panel
-5 switches installed still waiting on my rock lights to show up the windshield light bar will wait

Angry Offroad Wiring Harness and ARB Compressor Harness

My Switch Wiring Job (PITA I suck with electrical)

mcmahonbj

So frustrated had the battery unplugged to install speakers and went to plug it back in and the Air compressor does not work now seriously FML

mcmahonbj

Took the Jeep to Best Buy to trouble shoot the radio... Alpine HU was bad called Crutchfield and they are drop shipping a new radio. Went to Goodyear to have them check the torque on my wheels and headlocks and do my free alignment, adjusted as necessary and they found a leak on my right rear brake line WTF... So called my main man Eric at offroadelements.com and he got ahold of Crown Automotive and they shipped out new rear lines today. Got home and decided to install more stuff..

Winch is just mounted and bolted in, tomorrow I will wire the 12voltguy in-cab winch control if all goes well and run the winch line.

Winch w/ winch plate and PSC Hawse
Smitty Tailgate Cover
Side Marker Lights
Rugged Ridge Tow Wiring Harness w/ magnetic mount

Making my stencil to drill the plate and bumper.

Pretty Close

Seeing how it fits

All mounted

Cut the RECON hook off PITA

Smitty Tailgate Cover (decent CHINA shit) I need to add more self tapping screws to it probably in the middle

noroad

Last Night Finished:
-Angry Offroad power distro box
-Wired front Lifetime LED 21.5" light bar
-ARB air compressor install
-6-switch panel
-5 switches installed still waiting on my rock lights to show up the windshield light bar will wait

Angry Offroad Wiring Harness and ARB Compressor Harness

My Switch Wiring Job (PITA I suck with electrical)

I have seen that switch location before lol how do you like it so far!

mcmahonbj

I have seen that switch location before lol how do you like it so far!

The only thing that sucks is the dash part is curved slightly so the flat panel isn't 100% flush so i just made sure the top was. I love the spot I think it is the best location for a 6 switch setup. I have the lower center dash panel put it wouldnt have fit my needs I still have it for when i get lockers though.

The panel is super cheap like $12 bucks or something and I contacted Spod to only get their panel/mount thats it and they wanted lie 120 shipped which is over 25% of the kit price kinda insane if you ask me so I went a different route.

The space is tight back there because of the speaker but you can make it work.

Top Bottom