Metal cloak game changer arb edition - let's see pics!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well, the kit just comes with what you need. I personally would recommend that you add the drag link flip kit and if you have a 2-door, get a set of Currie rear adjustable control arms. The factory front uppers and rear lowers work well and don't really need to be replaced even when running something like coil overs. piginajeep is running that setup now.

Unless your ttfhell then you will snap factory arms like pretzels.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
so.... noone has the kits installed with their funny looking six pack shocks??
damn... i really wanted to hear what actual users (not road warriors) have to say about MC suspension and how they perform.
interesting idea but would like to know if those shocks can hold up on years of abuse and if it is re-buildable.

Majik on here does for one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff

Well, the kit just comes with what you need. I personally would recommend that you add the drag link flip kit and if you have a 2-door, get a set of Currie rear adjustable control arms. The factory front uppers and rear lowers work well and don't really need to be replaced even when running something like coil overs. piginajeep is running that setup now.

I agree with this

Why buy all 8 arms when there is nothing to gain? It's not gonna net you more flex and I'd be surprised if it made the ride any better. Have you blown out a factory control arm bushing? If you have to have all 8 arms, then put your money in to a long arm upgrade. Evo has one for the enforcer, it's called the Double D.... can't afford all that at once you say? Well the good news is you can build upon the enforcer as your budget allows. In the end though I don't really care how you spend your money, just showing the alternatives.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
so.... noone has the kits installed with their funny looking six pack shocks??
damn... i really wanted to hear what actual users (not road warriors) have to say about MC suspension and how they perform.
interesting idea but would like to know if those shocks can hold up on years of abuse and if it is re-buildable.

For the cost, why wouldn't you just be looking at coil overs? They will flex more and perform better than the MC gimmicky shocks and are proven to work exceptionally well.

Unless your ttfhell then you will snap factory arms like pretzels.

Oh please, we're talking about Russ here :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No thanks on the duroflex joints.

Yup, no thanks. We did a side by side joint test over at ORE a couple of months back and I wasn't impressed. Sure, they seemed to work well enough new but, I just couldn't see how they would last.

JArnold

Eddie , ive read some of your posts on coilovers + short/mid arms. What about coilovers and just the front lower control arms ? BTW this is all on a 2010 Rubicon Unlimited - 37 Nitto trail grapplers - cut fenders , adj track bar , c gussets , ball joints , etc.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yup, no thanks. We did a side by side joint test over at ORE a couple of months back and I wasn't impressed. Sure, they seemed to work well enough new but, I just couldn't see how they would last.

Yeah what ever happened with that? I was looking forward to seeing some results posted?

Oh and I'm really bummed to hear that my lift is incomplete. I knew I was missing something over the last 30,000 miles of mall crawlin' and now I know. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie , ive read some of your posts on coilovers + short/mid arms. What about coilovers and just the front lower control arms ? BTW this is all on a 2010 Rubicon Unlimited - 37 Nitto trail grapplers - cut fenders , adj track bar , c gussets , ball joints , etc.

Like I said, piginajeep here on the forum is running that exact setup - bolt-on coil overs front and rear and just the additional components that make up an Enforcer kit + drag link flip kit. Here's a pic of his Jeep before getting Nittos...

main.php

He just ran the JK-Experience with it too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah what ever happened with that? I was looking forward to seeing some results posted?

Priorities - Gotta finish up the JK-Experience first :crazyeyes:

Oh and I'm really bummed to hear that my lift is incomplete. I knew I was missing something over the last 30,000 miles of mall crawlin' and now I know. :crazyeyes:

Yeah, I can't believe that you were able to do the JK-Experience with it. :D

upnover

I don't have the arb edition, but I run MC with fox shocks. I enjoy the ride. I have ran tf, rk, aev, synergy coils with tf, bilsteins, fox 2.0s.

I prefer the MC ride the most. It works for me, handled 22k miles my jeep with no issues.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Oh please, had you done that, I wouldn't have even bothered to chime in on this thread. Fact of the matter is, you felt it necessary to preemptively defend your beloved kit and by letting the OP know that "negative opinions" were coming his way and that they should just be taken "with a grain of salt". :naw:

Sorry, I was at work when I posted that so I didn't have access to any when I offered or I would have. I'm not trying to be Billy Badass here and make myself out to be an arrogant guy or anything like that.

I think that sometimes these types of posts result in a lot of negative arguing that doesn't get us anywhere. And at worst leaves guys who just joined the forum with a bad impression of the members on here.

Soon I will have my lift put on and will be then able to give an honest opinion about it, good or bad. You have my word on that. In the meantime I'll shut up now so I can get back to my family and let people who actually have the kit installed talk! :) TGIF!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have the arb edition, but I run MC with fox shocks. I enjoy the ride. I have ran tf, rk, aev, synergy coils with tf, bilsteins, fox 2.0s.

I prefer the MC ride the most. It works for me, handled 22k miles my jeep with no issues.

You'll forgive me but TF, RK and AEV coils are nothing to write home about especially with the shocks you had them paired up with. I have no experience with Synergy coils but if the later is any indication of what you're used to running, I could see how you might prefer the MC ride the most.

Tigrcky

i dont have a jk and i have never ran any of the above mentioned lift but i assure you i am an expert! :cheesy: just go with evo coilovers :thumb::yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I was at work when I posted that so I didn't have access to any when I offered or I would have. I'm not trying to be Billy Badass here and make myself out to be an arrogant guy or anything like that.

I think that sometimes these types of posts result in a lot of negative arguing that doesn't get us anywhere.

Well, when you go around egging it on by telling the OP to be prepared for negative comments to come his way, is it really any wonder why?

And at worst leaves guys who just joined the forum with a bad impression of the members on here.

If you care so much about leaving guys who just joined the forum with a bad impression, maybe you should try harder to not instigate the negativity.

Soon I will have my lift put on and will be then able to give an honest opinion about it, good or bad. You have my word on that. In the meantime I'll shut up now so I can get back to my family and let people who actually have the kit installed talk! :) TGIF!

Oh, I have no doubts that you will have an "opinion" to share but be really, what difference does it really make if you have nothing to compare it to? My point is, I have yet to meet anyone who just spent $2k on a lift kit talk smack about it and I'm sure you won't either.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Well, when you go around egging it on by telling the OP to be prepared for negative comments to come his way, is it really any wonder why?

If you care so much about leaving guys who just joined the forum with a bad impression, maybe you should try harder to not instigate the negativity.

Oh, I have no doubts that you will have an "opinion" to share but be really, what difference does it really make if you have nothing to compare it to? My point is, I have yet to meet anyone who just spent $2k on a lift kit talk smack about it and I'm sure you won't either.

It's true. I did bait that line. But I can't make the fish bite if they don't want to. ;-)

Tigrcky

It's true. I did bait that line. But I can't make the fish bite if they don't want to. ;-)

i do have a serious suggestion, apologize, let it go and take it for what it is. if you dont this wont end well for you. and no im not making any threats i have seen others take this path and believe it or not skywalker the darkside does NOT have cookies:eek:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:rolleyes2: Sorry, you're not as clever as you'd like to think you are. This is the internet, you baited the line when you clearly didn't have to - you got what you were looking for.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

It worked flawlessly on the jkx. I recently installed rear currie lowers to correct the pinion angle after I spun the axle tubes.

The factory lowers were strong enough to with stand the axle tube spinning!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

This was one of the things I really liked when I was shopping their arms. Here's a video of a comparison done by MC.

These and JJ are both rebuildable for a reasonable price. I don't think the question is whether these are good, even as Eddie said, it's just how long will they last.

I run the metalcloak arb edition and love it. Ive had it for about 1 year now. Here are some pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1393877635759.jpg
    1393877635759.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 361
  • 1393877684872.jpg
    1393877684872.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 354
  • 1393877713199.jpg
    1393877713199.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 356
Top Bottom