Metal Cloak

vjusmc

What? The Gamechanger kit is $4000. EVO bolt on coil overs like what Ricky has comes up to $3600. Granted, you would need to get control arms and a few other components but that would only be about a grand more at most and that would totally be in the same relative price range. :naw:

I paid much less than 4k. ;-)

:yawn37: Here we go - when you no longer have anything useful to add to the conversation, you throw out the "bias" card :naw:

And YOU need to be open minded and understand that OTHER people have their own opinions and can make different choices as well. Like most fanboys - this point seems to fly right over your head! Just because you don't like what you're hearing doesn't mean that anyone is "bashing" anyone or anything. If anything, it is YOU who are bashing us and dismissing anything we might have to say by suggesting we are "biased" just because we "disagree" with you. :naw:

Fanboy lol ! I was just putting in my personal experience with my kit.

I guess I'm the one bashing now. Hahaha nice job turning this around. Obviously I'm not going to get my point across so I'll call it with this post.

Have a good weekend fellas. Happy 4th of July.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Yup, fanboy! Only insecure guys like you feel the need to chime in on a thread like this to say how much you love what you've chosen to buy and when others share what they have personally seen and have experienced, they are accused of "bashing" your beloved company.

I guess I'm the one bashing now. Hahaha nice job turning this around.

HAHAHA - Just giving back what you dished out.

Obviously I'm not going to get my point across so I'll call it with this post.

Obviously, you're unable to see beyond what you choose to hear so I'll call it with this - have a great weekend and Happy 4th of July! :thumb:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

I guess I'm the one bashing now. Hahaha nice job turning this around. Obviously I'm not going to get my point across so I'll call it with this post.

I like your quote edit of the original post.... :grayno:

This was an interesting read... MC's comment(s) do rub me rather arrogantly. Especially since I have had issues with many of the components I purchased from them.

I do like their arms and the coils are okay too. But every other component in my original purchase has had some sort of issue.

I will say they were happy to replace the damaged front track bar end I had after 10k miles, but now the other end is failing too and I just plan to replace the bar with something more reliable.

I wonder if me being honest makes me a fan boy of a product I don't run :thinking:

Ncrunner4x4

This was an interesting read... MC's comment(s) do rub me rather arrogantly. Especially since I have had issues with many of the components I purchased from them.

I do like their arms and the coils are okay too. But every other component in my original purchase has had some sort of issue.

I will say they were happy to replace the damaged front track bar end I had after 10k miles, but now the other end is failing too and I just plan to replace the bar with something more reliable.

I wonder if me being honest makes me a fan boy of a product I don't run :thinking:

I'm curious as to the estimated install cost of $8000. That seems a high but could be wrong.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I don't see how MC even justifies comparing their kit to the DTD. No coil and shock set up could even compare to any coil over set up no matter the brand of the coils and shocks or the coil overs. Even EVOs Enforcer can't compare to the DTD. It's apples and oranges.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I don't see how MC even justifies comparing their kit to the DTD. No coil and shock set up could even compare to any coil over set up no matter the brand of the coils and shocks or the coil overs. Even EVOs Enforcer can't compare to the DTD. It's apples and oranges.

Yeah, they were really spewing some bs on that. They should have compared it to other short arm kits.

Not only that, the DTD has triple bypass shocks and coilovers. The 6 pack is a reservoir shock.

They are in a dream world.

JAGS

Hooked
Yeah, they were really spewing some bs on that. They should have compared it to other short arm kits.

Not only that, the DTD has triple bypass shocks and coilovers. The 6 pack is a reservoir shock.

They are in a dream world.

Wonder if they are hiring. I'd like to be able to make up whatever the fuck I want and put it out in social media without recourse. Sounds like a cool gig.

mds22

Could you define "failing" for me? And how would you rate their customer service?
Thanks in advance for the info. I appreciate it
I have their track bar, and was debating on their arms and springs. But I'm undecided.

Could you define "failing" for me? And how would you rate their customer service?
Thanks in advance for the info. I appreciate it
I have their track bar, and was debating on their arms and springs. But I'm undecided.

The joint wore and began to work out of the end. They replaced the end (which has been improved). The problem is now the joint on the bar is failing too in the same way.

I have always found MC happy to help me personally and they even go out of their way to seek you out if they hear or read you have an issue and you have not contacted them.

There have been instances where it seemed people were feed a line of BS from them, but I was not directly involved with those instances so I can't account for what was actually said on either end

I will say the best warranty and service it that which you never need.

BigPrince

So, just to throw it out there - I don't mind being honest and if I buy something that is crap I'll tell you. It's stupid for people to think things are better because they own it or be blindly faithful.
I bought a Rugged Ridge Snorkel and wish I hadn't - worst pita to ever install due to bad design and I don't like it's tone.
I bought a Poison Spyder Hood Louvre and wish I hadn't - looks too bolt on and cheapens the rig to me. It'll be replaced by another hood shortly.
I line-x'd my armor, fenders, and rocker protection and it was the worst money I've ever spent. Came off like plasti-dip. Getting everything stripped and powdercoated now.
The midland small CB I bought works but it's weak as well water. It'll be replaced by a tuned 29lx shortly.

I bought a '14 Rubicon in August last year and put a 3.5" MetalCloak GameChange ARB lift on it in October. I've been pretty happy with it. My group wheels hard (definition - once a month atleast at SouthEastern parks and hitting the hard trails - Adventure Offroad, Gulches, Morris Mtn, Chocco, Windrock, etc. Moab in May - ran through Pritchetts, Rusty Nail, BFE, etc, Harlan KY, Lions Den, etc in August). Planning trips to the Rubicon, SMORR, Rausch, CO trails, etc. I've been able to keep up with everyone in my group minus a few trails that you really need hydro assist and/or body damage is pretty likely like Upper Heldorado or Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy in BFE, etc. 99% crawling and trails - very little dunes or blasting through the desert. I have had problems with the coils bowing in some(my JK is heavy...) and the shocks are valved a little light for my liking but overall it has flexed great and done well. I can't speak to the longevity of the joints since it's not even a year yet so I won't.

Having said all that, I don't have first hand knowledge but looking at the Evo Enforcer coils/shocks I'd assume they're pretty close to par, both coils/shock short/mid arm setups with slightly different options. Maybe the plush coils are better coils, maybe not. Probably close enough either is a decent option. I would NOT expect that either performs as well as a coilover or strut suspension with long arms. I am currently doing some maintenance and little things but plan on swapping out the D44s for D60s, moving up to 40-42s, and trying either the EVO bolt-ons or DTD - whichever I can bring myself to pay for. I've also been looking at ORIs but probably won't go that route. I don't go bombing through the desert so not sure the DTDs would be worth it to me but I'm a guy that would hate to not buy them and wish I had. So we'll see what I do. If I go Evo maybe next year I can provide some first hand experience with both.

Last edited:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Most of the time, I wish I would of went a different route myself, not saying RK stuff is not good but it's not as "high end" as I was being lead on to believe.

I'm there with you. After a lot of extra work my RK kit rides the way I thought it would out of the box. That includes replacing their track bar brackets with ORE brackets and going back to the OEM track bars. Plus a few other fabrication tweaks I had to make due to the 1" rear axle extension.

Hot94Z28

I'm there with you. After a lot of extra work my RK kit rides the way I thought it would out of the box. That includes replacing their track bar brackets with ORE brackets and going back to the OEM track bars. Plus a few other fabrication tweaks I had to make due to the 1" rear axle extension.

I lucked out on the whole extra inch mid arm stuff mine is the max flex and I guess they use shorter rear arms than the other kits.

vjusmc

Not to bad for a bolt on kit that cost $2,400 and I installed in my driveway. Not to mention I drove 80 MPH getting to the OHV park. Just saying

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436127570.492597.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436127633.810691.jpg

SFNick

I've owned both MC 3.5 game changer Lite & the EVO bolt on kit. Hands down the EVO system is better in every way. All of my DuraFlex joints are blown & need replacing after 30K miles. Long arm with Johnny joints are my next upgrade.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not to bad for a bolt on kit that cost $2,400 and I installed in my driveway. Not to mention I drove 80 MPH getting to the OHV park. Just saying

:yawn37: Oh, I'm sorry - was this the part where I was supposed to be impressed? :crazyeyes:

Again, nobody is suggesting that you shouldn't be happy with the $2400 that you spent but you're kidding yourself if you really think those poser shots or driving 80 MPH with it is something to write home about.

Top Bottom