Metal Cloak

I have seen very little negative information about them, except in this forum.

I honestly haven't seen a bunch of negatives here either... :thinking: I have read several comment from those that they prefer other products. That's not hating, just giving an opinion. I've seen jokes about products that have failed (one meme comes to mind) and I found it humorous.

I run some Metalcloak products and have had trouble with some. I shared this to help others that may be struggling with the same or similar things. I also have been happy with some of their products and I share that too. Remember, this thread was started because a comment was made comparing a MC lift to coil-overs. Honestly, I don't know enough about C/Os to comment but I personally find this hard to believe. Maybe I'm wrong, lord knows it won't be the first or last time.

The problem is there are not many people that know more than one system so how can they draw comparisons? Additionally, many have a hard time looking beyond the money they just spent and pointing out problems or perhaps a mistake. <-<-<- This isn't just about MC, It's about any brand.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I honestly haven't seen a bunch of negatives here either... :thinking: I have read several comment from those that they prefer other products. That's not hating, just giving an opinion. I've seen jokes about products that have failed (one meme comes to mind) and I found it humorous.

I run some Metalcloak products and have had trouble with some. I shared this to help others that may be struggling with the same or similar things. I also have been happy with some of their products and I share that too. Remember, this thread was started because a comment was made comparing a MC lift to coil-overs. Honestly, I don't know enough about C/Os to comment but I personally find this hard to believe. Maybe I'm wrong, lord knows it won't be the first or last time.

The problem is there are not many people that know more than one system so how can they draw comparisons? Additionally, many have a hard time looking beyond the money they just spent and pointing out problems or perhaps a mistake. <-<-<- This isn't just about MC, It's about any brand.

The Internet is no place to be reasonable..

At the same time I'm not crazy about the fact I will need to replace the joints in my arms more frequently than my tires. I have no first hand knowledge just speaking on reviews.
Any insight about how long they last?

I assume you are asking about the MC joint.

I have 15k miles on mine. I removed and re-lubed them after a few thousand miles while looking for a squeak. Since has been completely maintenance free and I have not had a single issue. I have a buddy that has 60k+ miles on them maintenance free without an issue as well. This is in Ohio with VERY heavily winter salted roads and he wheels more often than I do (and I wheel a fairly often). I know of lots of other guys running them here, while I don't keep tabs on everyone or talk all that regularly, I haven't heard of them needing replaced.

Is this normal? Honestly, I have no idea. but it's how they are working for me and my bud. If this changes I will share.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's a little bit of fanboyism on both sides here.

:cheesy: Oh please, the OP started this thread to LAUGH at the silly comments that Metalcloak made. The ONLY fanboys here are the guys who feel the need to chime in and defend them AS IF they need defending and do so even if it's WAY OUT OF CONTEXT of the original post. :naw:

I don't think that there is much doubt that a coilover system is probably a "better" lift...

If you really believe that, there should have been NO REASON for you to chime in on this thread.

...but the metalcloak lift is a great lift.

Compared to what other apples to apples lifts you've actually installed and run on your Jeep?

I have seen very little negative information about them, except in this forum.

Maybe that's because the people on this forum will give it to you straight. And, so that it isn't missed by you again, this thread was started to LAUGH at Metalcloak saying their kit is BETTER than a DTD.

I've got a friend with the EVO bolt on system, and hope we can get out on the trail and compare.

And, that would be a better comparison and one you should do. That being said, a bolt on kit is a far cry from a DTD!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I would personally love to see the guys at MC do some high speed dune jumps in the style of the 2014 JKX. Actions do speak louder after all...

t8er

I bought the same lift, with their monotube shocks, and replaced it with a metalcloak lift. Much better ride, handling, flex. Your flex there isnt nearly what he is showing on his MC lift.
One thing to note is the RE lift would have flexed more with longer shocks, but only to a point since the springs would end up falling out without retainers. There's a little bit of fanboyism on both sides here. I don't think that there is much doubt that a coilover system is probably a "better" lift, but the metalcloak lift is a great lift. I have seen very little negative information about them, except in this forum.
I've got a friend with the EVO bolt on system, and hope we can get out on the trail and compare.

I can see that to a point but I don't think it's that far off. I can say I'm not a RE fanboy it was just what I could afford and what was recommended. Knowing what I do now is run AEV, EVO maybe RK. Just couldn't resist having a little fun.

jkwebbie

funny, i was rummaging around youtube looking at jeeps/off road videos. Came across this certain one and saw a couple of comments that made me laugh. Then i saw this one and really had a good chuckle.
Now dont get me wrong, ive never owned either lift but, i dont think ive ever seen a jeep equipped with mc run and finish koh.
Thought id share it with yall. :beer:
View attachment 151760

hey thats me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocco7927

I was scrolling around & this thread caught my eye because I was considering MetalCloak for the lift I was going to get. Here's a screenshot of what I'm looking at getting. Any suggestions in the same price point? Or is this a good setup to go with? I want to do more than just spacers but this is about the max of my budget. I want the most for my $$. And this was suggested by a good friend of mine. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438480844.164035.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom