Mitrig's jkur student build

Mitrig

Be careful hooking up a snatch strap to those d rings. The corners on the d ring mount could cut the strap.

Everything I filed down and created a uniform edge so I am going to say my skills were proficient I that area. (Bolt selection not so much)

Mitrig

Yea that I'll have to do. I'll just take the plasma to it when I can. Right now the edges are rounded off and it take 3 coats of caliber heat treated paint so it is very smooth. (Just the only way I could make sure nothing can get caught since I can't get them rounded perfect ATM.

GuillaumeC91

Not a student anymore, but my budget definitely makes me feels like I am... Lol. Good job on the bumper and stinger!

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Mitrig

Not a student anymore, but my budget definitely makes me feels like I am... Lol. Good job on the bumper and stinger!

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Most budget builds feel like a student build ahha. I usually get comments how mine is coming along really well and quick for a student. A lot of the local jeep club guys had better built rigs and now I'm catching up finally.

Budgets suck if I was driving a 12-14 no way I would have progressed as far this quick probably still be stuck at suspension

pvanweelden

Nice job on the bumper! Save yourself some time and weld the factory backing plates and nuts to the inside of the frame plate. No more holding a socket inside the bumper :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mitrig

Nice job on the bumper! Save yourself some time and weld the factory backing plates and nuts to the inside of the frame plate. No more holding a socket inside the bumper :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

never thought of that tbh, yea taking it off and putting it on was so awkward did not expect it to be such a pain to get around.

pvanweelden

^ I always had to drop my edisco to get to the inside passenger side nuts :doh:
RebelJK gave me the idea a while back, I finally did it a few weeks ago when I had to get my winch out of my bumper.
1404184496783.jpg

Mitrig

^ I always had to drop my edisco to get to the inside passenger side nuts :doh:
RebelJK gave me the idea a while back, I finally did it a few weeks ago when I had to get my winch out of my bumper.
View attachment 92848

That is an amazing idea! Yea the passenger side is redic I used a really long extension and just tightened it from te outside with a wrench since you can't really move a ratchet back there.

Thanks for the tip I'll see i do that when I take te curret bolts off to swap to the grade 8 bolts finally

Mitrig

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412872100.512122.jpg Hi lift jack mounted finally instead of hiding it under the back seat.

Body lift will be going on next to help clear some new additional armour as well as a secondary reserve tank.

Taking the rig along te route of an expedition style vehicle since last few trips we have taken in northern Canada has stations were 1000km apart at a few points so jerry cans are a must.

Pictures will go up as the rig progresses this week

Mitrig

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413477870.195067.jpg sitting at a total of 5 inches higher than stock now. New armour will be cleared and posted. And second tank installed soon

Mitrig

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413899771.557189.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413899812.321637.jpg

Really put everything to the test trying to fish out a friend from Lake Michigan while fighting the waves. Wet sand was like quick sand and he kept sinking in further. He got completely submerged at one point that picture was taken after his momentum dropped him on a little patch of sand. Quiet the trip, had literally 50 rigs all sitting on the shore line honking and yelling to get him out quick and not to let my rig die out there. So climbed out the window and got the gf to jump in the seat and give Reptar gas while we all tried to get him hooked up for a pull.

Got him out finally and once ashore ripped apart his intake and cleaned it as quick as possible. Got his rig ready to crank over within a few min. First crank and she started.

Next mod we all will be purchasing after this trip is a snorkel. I will be installing my second gas tank this week, since on the trip back from the trail the next day his throttle control sensor went off and I got it off a few times but after about an hour of it coming back on we took a route to get to society but by then everything was closed so we started driving since two trucks wanted 4 dollars a mile and no trailer depots within 200 miles. So we drove with his max speed of 20mph. 16 ours later we got within his triple a range so it wouldn't cost him 400 dollars to tow it half way. Got him and everyone home safe but the route we took there wasn't a gas station within 200+miles of eachother and after we passed one we all had to stop and use our jerry cans to make it to the next one

Crazy weekend but now I'm looking for a snorkel so I'll be debating buying one that can clear my light bar bracket properly or having to make one to do so

pvanweelden

holy crap! don't ya love how the last thing you should be thinking ^ at that time is "take a pic" but you know if you don't you want have a pic to show the situation. Glad you got his jeep recovered :thumb:

Mitrig

Yea the second he went under I tried to stop everyone behind me since him and I were the most built up. My gf took the picture right before I crawled out of my window and she took over keeping Reptar alive.

I swear he had a horseshoe up his ass, but he did name her that trip. Once she got ashore and I got her started it hit us all. So she was named Nessie, like the lockness monster.

Mitrig

It would have been wicked to have you out there especially to give me a hand towing everybody else every time they got stuck since I had the most built up Rick I was the go to guy to unbury everyone but then there were points where even I got stuck trying to pull someone out and then another rake would get stuck trying to pull me out we had a lineup at one point of four of us all buried axle deep unable to move weed unbury the tires and use our recovery platforms and slide them under the wheels if it wasn't for that there's no way we would have been able to get out a few times.

Can't wait to see you and Scott this summer for our trip will have to start planning it and come springtime and hopefully we can all hash out a date that works well for everyone

Top Bottom