Mitrig's jkur student build

madflyer72

Almost 2 years after graduating college...I am still poor...nothing like seeing money being taken from your account to pay them loans off lol

Mitrig

Almost 2 years after graduating college...I am still poor...nothing like seeing money being taken from your account to pay them loans off lol

Oh I know the feeling. I have just a few classes left to go before I graduate.

Looking at the LSAT prep class I want to take costing me 600 more just for a prep class! Like come on... Ugh thankfully wheeling season is over for me so my rig should be in the clear, just regular maintenance.

Hopefully you'll get it all paid off soon, it's a pain in the butt to watch money disapear. For me I work all sem finally get a decent amount of coin then see it all go poof when the new semester starts.

Mitrig

Should be pulling the trigger on a 4inch old man emu lift and a winch very soon. And possibly a new snorkel for Xmas...

Mitrig

Picked up the following will be posting update pictures soon and the build process:

1. Made my own version of the Evo Shackle tab inserts and facia (removing rear bumper asap will take pics of the built and how long it took to make them and install.)

2. Obtained Rock Rails for FREE from a friend whom I had done many designs for as a xmas gift. (he was offered to trade a set of rail for his running boards which he doesn't use of his 2014)

3. REPTAR decal for my hood. http://www.tickld.com/cdn_image_content/188199.jpg

4. 52 inch LED light bar to be installed under my 4 bosch lights

5. 4 square 27W LED flood lights (2 to be installed on the corners of my bumper (pointed @35 deg away) and 2 installed on the roof rack I will be building.

6. 2 circular 27W LED spot lights to be mounted bottom of the windshield.

7. Second battery

8. 2 baja driving lights to be mounted on rear tail gate set to switch running Hi/Low beam and linking them to activate when reversing.

Still waiting on purchasing the following:

1. OLD MAN EMU 4 inch lift: as my xmas gift to myself

2.RR modified snorkel

3. Warn Winch

4. 37 in Duratracs

Clark Griswold

They will be able to see you from the space station!!! Can't wait to see the pics. I installed a couple of LED cubes on my front bumper and it is amazing how they turn night into day. What are you going to do as far as extra power to turn those monster 37's?

Mitrig

They will be able to see you from the space station!!! Can't wait to see the pics. I installed a couple of LED cubes on my front bumper and it is amazing how they turn night into day. What are you going to do as far as extra power to turn those monster 37's?

Oh yea with all those lights we would never have a problem lighting up a campsite or trail. Well the 37 duratracs I was looking at actually measure up to 35 or so when installed under weight.

Going up to 4.88s from my 4.10s now that I have experience taking apart the diff I may as well take it the whole way and swap out the gear. That and I'll be adding guesetts and c's goin to do everything myself except for the weld since I don't have access to one at the moment.

Extra power wise I am not too sure how I will compensate since I have the 3.8 and I'd rather not drop a ripp

Clark Griswold

I think the re gear is definitely the right choice out of the gate, if that isn't enough you could re code and see if that helps. I am envious and have started looking at 35's but have one going to college next year so I might be idle with big mods for awhile.

Mitrig

Yea I'm finishing college after this semester so I'll be looking for a new job soon. I've been working part time with a mod shop, just finished designing 4 bumpers and did my Evo rear. Cost me 1200 just in steal but made my money and covered all my mods!!! So I only paid a hundred dollars or so or everything I got.

Regearing should help going from 4.10 to 4.88 but I may delay that since I'm not running 3.73 so I may tolerate it for a bit till I have the time to swap out

CedarRaider

I know it's a ways off but I can't wait to get to silver lake again next year. If you guys want to do rocks and valleys this year I have family with a cabin a few miles from the park and should be able to get the keys. I should be on 35s by summer and have gotten my skid system installed a few weeks ago.

Mitrig

Oh I can't wait to see you guys and the rigs. I wanna see how everyone progressed and how everyone is doing. It was an awesome time, so can't wait to do it again. I just got a skid made for a friend of mine, I really want the armour but can't afford the full set up just yet. How much did it
Cost?

Ps
Count me in! And Juan!

Mitrig

I didn't know they made 37 inch Duratracs

It's a 36 inch tire I stand corrected. I just measured one they had at work. One of the guys here runs it and loaded it measures 35 @35psi they sold them as a 37 so I was going to get te same set but they are actually 36s

Mitrig

That's an amazing deal. I just designed one and had the specs sent out. I can't wait to get all my mods on. I got my email that my packages are in my mail box in the states so going to cross over after Xmas and pick them all up. But the only trouble is climbing into my rig without running boards is goig to be really hard now. May have to pick up sliders to step on

Mitrig

Yea the one I made up was for a friend running the 3.6 and it cost me 120 for the material
And bending it. How is the 3.8 more expensive ahha it's been around just as long :(

Mitrig

Merry christmas boys! Hope brown Santa brings you something nice.

I really can't wait to go for larger tires, the only thing I don like is how the majority are 12.5-15" width. I'd rather stay at 11. I really don't know why I love the look of the pizza cutters but I'll take what I can get! Selling my tires and rims for a 1000 to a local here. Surprised how many people showed interest in buying them so quick, literally took a day to work out a deal.

Really hoping that old man emu lift drops in price a little ASAP. But while I was going through the deals I bought 2 windshield light brackets and another 4 LED spot lights and a set of grab handles since they were all 50%off. The addiction is getting out of hand. May have to drop the extra cash on a second battery and install a dual battery setup since I have 800W of lights to power ahah. But atleast I know if forget To bring a flashlight I'll be fine ahha. I can't wait to test out the new set up. And dying to rip off my rear bumper finally.

Top Bottom