Moab or Bust 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK build!!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Straight to the DynaTracs! You're not messing around. This is going to be fun to watch.

I have broke SOO many axles in the past, I am (hoepfully) done with that!!! :rock:

I went with the 37" BFG Krawler tire, they are super sticky on the trail and really grip.

In this pic the rear Dynatrac is in as well.

DSC02007_zps602198d5.jpg

Nice!

DSC02023_zps5fa0fe26.jpg

DSC02020_zps70536e54.jpg

So this tire carrier cover will be used in conjunction with our new swing out tire carrier.

DSC02025_zpsd1e49dd5.jpg

The rear bumper:

DSC02029_zpsb7574007.jpg

The DynoMax "rock crawler" system is an easy install. I went with this system, because I have two young kids...

DSC02036_zps11f06130.jpg

Front/rear axles/system installed!

DSC02054_zps56eb3264.jpg

Skid_Kid

This is going to be sick! Cannot wait to see the finished rig!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I have a lot of pictures I will be sharing, over the next couple of days...:icon_crazy:

So a lot of guys do a "DIY" using this muffler from our system, here is the P/N.

DSC02035_zpscbd9c2eb.jpg

The shop is going to build this Bug to race SCORE/BITD, hopefully in 2014!!!

DSC02021_zps2a2e3d17.jpg

The rear monotube shock installed on the ProRock 60.

DSC02018_zps25e0a7b8.jpg

So one of the cool things about this locking hub, is how thin it is, hopefully won't be a "rock grabber" down the road.

DSC02016_zps0f67b638.jpg

The new bracket for the rear.... these guys spent a lot of time cutting off the old stuff.

DSC02013_zpsa0810ee8.jpg

I had to go with a conversion u-joint on the axles. The driveshafts I got I thought were 1350... but weren't.

DSC02010_zps21ac2dd5.jpg

At this point, I thought we were close to being done. HA!!!!!

DSC02006_zps9885fa9f.jpg

Philip *AZ*

Banned
When you guys are all done, I would like to see a burn out on those lil guys! Lol.. EVO has a vid of them burnin up a set of stockers, its hilarious!

Paratroopers stay up longer!

TrailRidden

Lookin good!:thumb: cant wait to see the finished product. Are we ever really finished though? :cheesy: also, I love the BFG Krawler's, they look so mean.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Cruising along!

So here is the quick disconnects that I used:
Rancho P/N RS67565B, some don't like these because there is no "pin" to put these on, I just bungie cord them up.

DSC02057-1_zpsfc74f343.jpg

The Bushwacker flat fender flares are really nice!

DSC02090_zps36ad726e.jpg

The instructions are really detailed, and if you and your friends are handy, all it takes is time to get these on.

DSC02115_zps18827f70.jpg

One of the things that I like about these flares is that you retain the stock inner flare.

DSC02106_zpsd6bbdc01.jpg

So you attach these inner braces/frame to Jeep body, then mount the flares.

DSC02114_zpsa7b88620.jpg

The K&N air filter is another nice upgrade, they see gains of upwards of 12HP, living at a Mile High in elevation, I won't see those gains, but have always used these filters on other vehicles and like the reusable feature.

DSC02070_zpsa3c3c542.jpg

Again really detailed instructions. There are a lot of little pieces but this is another easy install. If you do have a winch you will need to reroute the power cables a little, but not hard at all.

DSC02074_zps45ec5522.jpg

Like a glove!!!

DSC02093_zps63344927.jpg

Rancho

Caught the Bug
And its "done"

On the alignment rack...

DSC02116_zps0ea56665.jpg

Beefy!

DSC02120_zps09bca966.jpg

Ha!!!

DSC02138_zps876bb093.jpg

So worth it!!!

DSC02145_zps3e0f777a.jpg

So how does it drive/handle? Great, at 75MPH no shimmies/shakes. Tires aren't too loud. The exhaust sounds great. And with the 5.38's in the Dynatracs moves along.

One thing I noticed through out this build was that most of the parts (not wheels) are Made in the USA!

Warn Zeon
Bushwacker
Truck-Lites
K&N
Dynatrac
BF Goodrich Krawlers
sPod

Got to love that! I will post more once I get out to Moab, over on our Facebook page.

I will also update as I add more/change things on this Jeep.
Some things for the future:

CB, right now I am using race radios.... thankfully a lot of have these as an option.
Steering assist.... those 37's are grippy.
A "real" cage down the road....

Thanks all for following along. :beer:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
So I made it out there in this!
It was the opposite of awesome! We left at 5 AM Saturday and the only other people on the road were the snow plows.... latter on we found out they shut the highway down! Ha!

20130323_070527_zps5a0b6575.jpg

My view from Cliff Hanger one day...

20130326_115855_zps5aa869d9.jpg

Playing in some rocks...

DSC02647_zps5fa9e9db.jpg

DSC02646_zps19293e46.jpg

Hell's Gate

20130328_125643_zps9347eb51.jpg

So how did it do?
Amazing.
After the blizzard it cleared up and I was able to do 80 MPH no wobbles or anything off!
Got into town and tightened down a few jam nuts.
It is really a point and shoot JK. I do need a lower t-case down the road though, I was spoiled my my old t-case. GEARS!!!

Things I need to do:
I need to adjust the Truck Lites head lights down, a lot.... that will happen soon.
Clean it out, a lot of red dirt in the JK, with 1200 miles.

The Warn Zeon winch came in handy on a ledge I got hung up on at the entrance/exit of Cliff Hanger.... a quick pull and I was out.

Items on the list to add:
Grab handles of some sort. I am REALLY tall, so I have no problem getting in/out but others had issues figuring out how to get in and out.
Rear seat cover of some sort. Think of the kids!!
Bead locks, I really like to be around a 9-11 PSI with the Krawlers, I was around a 17 PSI and I know I can get more out of these tires.

I will add more pics often as the build goes on!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
a ledge I got hung up on at the entrance/exit of Cliff Hanger.... a quick pull and I was out.

Items on the list to add:
Grab handles of some sort. I am REALLY tall, so I have no problem getting in/out but others had issues figuring out how to get in and out.
Rear seat cover of some sort. Think of the kids!!
Bead locks, I really like to be around a 9-11 PSI with the Krawlers, I was around a 17 PSI and I know I can get more out of these tires.

I will add more pics often as the build goes on!

Why so high on the PSI? I run 12 without beadlocks.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Why so high on the PSI? I run 12 without beadlocks.

Two reasons, well really one, I forgot my tire gauge. :doh:
So I was going off my quick air down (it would read like 10 or so, so I would stop) and the TPMS sensors took a bit to recalibrate to the correct pressure..
In the past I ran around a 9ISH on a YJ, seeing that these are a bit more in weight I agree with you on a 12 PSI on normal wheels.

NOPULP13

wow this is great so far i am very jealous how do you manage to get permission from the boss lol just ordered a soft top a lic plate relocate and a shorty antenna and she acted like i spent 20 grand lol

Rancho

Caught the Bug
wow this is great so far i am very jealous how do you manage to get permission from the boss lol just ordered a soft top a lic plate relocate and a shorty antenna and she acted like i spent 20 grand lol

What's the old saying "Better to beg for forgiveness that ask for permission?" :crazyeyes:

Remember I had a lot of help from partners that already work with Rancho. So they want the continuity of when this will get used in press etc down the road. I am also hoping that I can recoup my costs with the take off stuff as well. I see the tires/wheels going for like $1000 around here, so I will undercut them on price. Ha!

NOPULP13

Ah I see any luck at you guys looking to help a kid build a 2 door 13 crush rubicon out in jersey I go to a bunch of jeep events in my area could be great press on the east coast!?!

Top Bottom