Moab or Bust 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK build!!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
A few little updates that I was able to get done before SEMA and the winter blast.
I got the PSC steering assist installed, worth EVERY penny. :)

There is a lot of mention of these LED lights for reverse lights on the JK, I decided to get them ( around $40 or so off eBay or Amazon.) Man do they work! Easy install, maybe 10 minutes.

DSC06333_zps85fc9d1f.jpg

I also got the rear shocks in too. I am going from the 7000 monotube to the 9000's. The reason I am doing that is that I haven't been in a 9000 adjustable shock since 2011, so I wanted to re-familiarize myself with them.

I hit them with an extra coat of clear coat, just because the winters here get a lot of Mag Chloride.

DSC06330_zps4f1e2699.jpg

I hit the bolts with anti-seize too.
They both went on fairly easy, the cross pin on one was off just a tad, and that slowed me down a bit getting the bolt in, but once centered easy peasy.

DSC06332_zps2ca08197.jpg

I also installed a "prototype" DynoMax exhaust system, something we are testing out for potential release down the road. A quiet high tuck system. Needless to say it does the job!!! I will get pictures soon, after the snow melts.

jman_12

great build!

The parts so far are awesome! eventually, i'm sure this thing will be a freaking beast!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Thanks!
I am trying to build it so that one day (if I want) I could do the gnarliest trails out there, but at the same time retain a great ride and have a comfortable ride.
I am beholden to a 7 year old son who is all in but also a 2 year daughter. The wife thinks I am crazy no matter what.
:beer:

The parts so far are awesome! eventually, i'm sure this thing will be a freaking beast!

srosario

Thanks!
I am trying to build it so that one day (if I want) I could do the gnarliest trails out there, but at the same time retain a great ride and have a comfortable ride.
I am beholden to a 7 year old son who is all in but also a 2 year daughter. The wife thinks I am crazy no matter what.
:beer:

how do you like the new shock im gonna get them sometime soon, just price shopping around, im debating on the steering stabilizer the rs7000 or the rs5000 for dual mount. i really like the dual mount look.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I am really liking the 9000's again, I have them on a 3 but will be pumping them up a bit, I just like the "firmness" I got from the montotube.
Also answered your PM about the SS.
Thanks Matt
how do you like the new shock im gonna get them sometime soon, just price shopping around, im debating on the steering stabilizer the rs7000 or the rs5000 for dual mount. i really like the dual mount look.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Thanks man! I have some more stuff to do, but I am in King of the Hammers mode ( DynoMax Exhaust side) so I haven't really caught a break , and the weather in CO has been, well wintery lately. :beer:

Really nice build, good job

Rancho

Caught the Bug
So a little mod that I did this weekend. I was looking through an old miscellaneous box of Jeep stuff and found this! I bought it in, I think 2000, to use on my YJ, but never did! Ha! I found WOL's write up and 15 minutes later installed.

20150502_131254_zpshpn7sapz.jpg

Holes marked

20150502_131633_zpskdrdgiuw.jpg

Eh, close info.

20150502_132345_zpsvq06mgkl.jpg

Mounted up and ready to go. I will vacuum that up.... some day.

20150502_141727_zpst9oh4tkk.jpg

Rccrwlr

So a little mod that I did this weekend. I was looking through an old miscellaneous box of Jeep stuff and found this! I bought it in, I think 2000, to use on my YJ, but never did! Ha! I found WOL's write up and 15 minutes later installed.

20150502_131254_zpshpn7sapz.jpg

Holes marked

20150502_131633_zpskdrdgiuw.jpg

Eh, close info.

20150502_132345_zpsvq06mgkl.jpg

Mounted up and ready to go. I will vacuum that up.... some day.

20150502_141727_zpst9oh4tkk.jpg

i think this was one of my first mods. nice sticker by the way

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Yeah, when I saw the install on Moby on JKX11, I thought brilliant.
Looked for my holder, to no avail, and then found it this weekend. :)
Sticker does make me laugh, a buddy sent it to me.

i think this was one of my first mods. nice sticker by the way

Top Bottom