Moab or Bust 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK build!!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Some updates to this build:

We recently launched a LED rear brake light that fits into any 2.25" hole.
Install is straight forward and it is bright!

0b89f115-df8b-43ce-92a5-8dfcce296b72_zps939b1de0.jpg

I picked up a Bestop cover to keep the rain/leaves out and it does a great job to keep the elements out.

042_zps348d0784.jpg

I upgraded to our RS7000MT (monotube) steering stabilizer, it really was an improvement with these size tires I am running, 37's.

033_zps9778a03b.jpg

Our high steer bracket

045_zps95bb9148.jpg

AWW yeah!!!

040_zps5b0b9158.jpg

Our tube doors with the SpiderWebShades door skins

047_zps9af19dc6.jpg

Out playing around:
Holy Cross CO

Notice my new Raceline Beadlocks?!?!

DSC02973_zps1da97708.jpg

Rancho_beadlock_zpsa90c7975.jpg

Half Moon Creek

DSC03320_zpscdd28283.jpg

Rancho

Caught the Bug
So as many know Easter Jeep Safari starts next week, and I have been busy with small things getting ready for next year.

The drive to and from King of the Hammers was long and brutal honestly.
From where I live in CO to Las Vegas is about 11 hours.. the weather was so bad it took 16 hours!

But I made it out there.
I didn't get to wheel because on the exhaust side (DynoMax Performance Exhaust) I was busy as we are the official exhaust of the race series and I spend a lot of time with racers.

Rancho_skids1_zpse16e6945.jpg

While on the lake bed I picked up one of these.
Simple install and will be used down the road I am guessing.

DSC05556_zpsc365f5b1.jpg

I also had to decide what I was going to do about communication as most of the time I am using race radios, so I picked up one of these to compliment my race radio. $50 bucks.

Rancho_CB_zpse5d9fa8d.jpg

My ears will be on...

1656412_10152083927639635_1346048050_n_zps0213cd0b.jpg

I also got a pair of Truck-Lite LED flood lights too! Man the sPOD makes install so simple!!
They are tilted out slightly to help cover the outside since I already have the Truck-Lite LED lights.

DSC05904_zps6b20aca2.jpg

In other threads I have posted some new tires I got as well... I know my Krawlers have only 6400 miles on them and have been amazing but I don't get the opportunity everyday to run a KOH tire so I jumped at the chance.

20140317_101219_zpsdbfc8313.jpg

The 37" BFG Krawler is on the left, the 38" Falken WildPeak MT competition on the right.

20140404_155614_zps61f3b23d.jpg

They are on Raceline beadlocks, so those take a LONG time to mount up. They aren't hard just VERY time consuming.
The 38's mounted. I did have to trim a bit more out of the back, just in case. : )

DSC05903_zpsa120b90a.jpg

How it sits today!!

DSC05897_zpsb57fd738.jpg

My son uses the Nemesis Industry steps all the time!

DSC05901_zpsca7d0c23.jpg

My little dude! His little sister loves the Jeep too. The wife tolerates it.

DSC05899_zpsec94c653.jpg

2 things I need to address.
I need steering assist. 38's on the stock box is pushing it, so I will talk with PSC Motorsports out at Easter Jeep Safari and see what they have to offer.
I also want a "real" cage, will look at the Synergy system again...

Thanks for looking!

rubicrawl

Dude I can't belie I missed this whole thread your rig came out freakin sweeeeet brother nice work see you next week at Moab

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Sweet ride

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you!

Dude I can't belie I missed this whole thread your rig came out freakin sweeeeet brother nice work see you next week at Moab

Yes!

I'm definitely digging those Falken MTs!
I am excited to try them, I have been a BFG guy for a long time (that is what we use on "official" Rancho rigs and they have treated me well). I wonder what 6 hours of highway will do to break them in? :rock:

nice build!!
Thanks!

crowrb29

Let me know how the falkens work out for you. I have been looking at picking a set up whenever they are available for us average joes.

Awesome looking rig too 👏

TDIpowered

Idk how I missed this thread but awesome jk man. Definitely excited to see what else you do to it. And if it's any consolation I am the person I've ever seen running a Rancho tire carrier for a tj were I live and it's awesome and pulls compliments all the time. You guys make awesome products

Rancho

Caught the Bug
How'd the falkens work for ya at ejs?

REAL well! So well that I am in need of upgrading my steering. They would grip so strong that I got scared I would snap the sector shaft. My spotter would say "Turn driver" and I couldn't turn it at all. I talked with Mel at Off Road Evolution about his high steer system for the PSC steering assist. That will be installed fairly soon, before this summer's wheeling trips. :)

DSC06041_zpsf62380ca.jpg

Rancho

Caught the Bug
2 things I need to address.
I need steering assist. 38's on the stock box is pushing it, so I will talk with PSC Motorsports out at Easter Jeep Safari and see what they have to offer.

I also want a "real" cage, will look at the Synergy system again...

Thanks for looking!

I should have listened to myself.....

20140825_122009_zps389d50de.jpg

I have done a lot of little/big things this summer, but this is now at the for-front.

Once I get this addressed, I will do a big follow up. :beer:

GCM 2

A lot. Thankfully I have a truck too and a patient family. I told them this steering upgrade will be a great family weekend away. :)

Ouch! That sector shaft break sucks! Make sure that if you do the full PSC kit (with new steering box included) that it is the "Delphi" box. Everyone I know that runs the Delphi with their ram assist has really good luck with them, they seem to be much stronger than the kits that just re-tap the stock steering box.

image-2613958539.jpg

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I talked with Tom and he is fairly certain mine should hold up after they do their magic to it. BUT I am keeping my eyes peeled out for a Delphi spare... we will see. :icon_crazy:

Ouch! That sector shaft break sucks! Make sure that if you do the full PSC kit (with new steering box included) that it is the "Delphi" box. Everyone I know that runs the Delphi with their ram assist has really good luck with them, they seem to be much stronger than the kits that just re-tap the stock steering box.

View attachment 97226

GCM 2

I talked with Tom and he is fairly certain mine should hold up after they do their magic to it. BUT I am keeping my eyes peeled out for a Delphi spare... we will see. :icon_crazy:

PSC is awesome! They overnighted me one of their brand new PSC designed power steering pumps (not one of the older revalved GM/Mopar ones) to possibly the most remote location in Michigan, during the middle of the 2012 JKX.

By the way, how are the KOH spec Falkens doing? It's nice to see that Falken is starting to support their racers with a real tire.

You probably have seen these too, the new BFG BAJA KR2, I expect to see a lot of the Ultra 4 racers that were running the older TA/KR race tires running these out in JV in February. Almost every Trophy Truck out at the Vegas to Reno had the new shoes on their rig, very ballsy looking tire :thumb:

Keep it real sucka

G

Last edited:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Yeah excited to actually have real steering finally, I have known Tom since I did an Ultimate Adventure a million years ago.
The Falkens are doing great! I talked with Andrew at an event a few weeks ago. He noticed they are wearing real fast, as I do all my driving on the highway with them. I have about 2500 miles on them, he said to rotate and drop the PSI to around 26. I told him I would switch back to the Krawlers. :) And I did see the KR2's too, I wonder with these if they will "step it up" with the ULTRA4 crowd. You back for SEMA or next time I will miss you KOH? ;)

PSC is awesome! They overnighted me one of their brand new PSC designed power steering pumps (not one of the older revalved GM/Mopar ones) to possibly the most remote location in Michigan, during the middle of the 2012 JKX.

By the way, how are the KOH spec Falkens doing? It's nice to see that Falken is starting to support their racers with a real tire.

You probably have seen these too, the new BFG BAJA KR2, I expect to see a lot of the Ultra 4 racers that were running the older TA/KR race tires running these out in JV in February. Almost every Trophy Truck out at the Vegas to Reno had the new shoes on their rig, very ballsy looking tire :thumb:

Keep it real sucka

G

Top Bottom