Mopar 2 inch lift with driveshaft

tharb5111

Instructions appear well.written but very generalized. An interesting item is the table of recommended tire sizes to be used with this lift.

My bfg km2 35x12.50r17 is listed so apparently they are confident they will fit with this two inch lift. Have read elsewhere the lift is closer to three inches total gain.

I will post pre measurements and post install measurements to verify these claims.

More to.come once I begin install.

Attachments

• 1440611501466.jpg
    1440611501466.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 328

tharb5111

Doing drop brackets works but costs you ground clearence. Check out EVO's adjustable front LCA's. I would say theyre some of the best on the market. Super tough and has flexibly johnny joints on either end.

Awesome. I will check those evos lca out. Thank you again.

tharb5111

Mopar wheel and tire use recommended with this 2.0 lift.

This wheel and tire guide clearly shows my 35 bfg km2s may be used with my stock willys wheels.

I should show this to my local discount tire. They refused to mount my new km2s in stock 7.5 inch wheels as they said they were too narrow at 7.5 inchs. in their defense Bfg does state a minimum 8 inch wheel should be used.

However since these instructions show it's ok to mount the 35s on my stock wheels I will do so since i love my willys wheels.

Already found a garage up the road willing to install them when the time comes.

I have had rough country 1.5 inch hubcentric wheel spacers for the last 20k miles so I will continue using them with my 35 km2s.

tharb5111

Well driveshaft installed today. Spicer 1310 dana corp stamped on the shaft. Greased up all the zirk fittings. Went on fairly easy. Test drive success. No vibrations or odd sounds. No more exhaust crossover interference. Bump stop extensions being added next.

Attachments

• 1441075628890.jpg
    1441075628890.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 257

DMF

That's a cool looking crate! Oh I bought my Jeep with this lift already on it without the driveshaft and with Bilstein 5100. I've been really happy with it and can't complain. The only problem I had was my rear swaybar links caught my brake line and pull them down. The dealer that installed the lift refuse to fix it so I ended up zip-tying my brake lines keeping it tight to the frame.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Instructions appear well.written but very generalized. An interesting item is the table of recommended tire sizes to be used with this lift.

My bfg km2 35x12.50r17 is listed so apparently they are confident they will fit with this two inch lift. Have read elsewhere the lift is closer to three inches total gain.

I will post pre measurements and post install measurements to verify these claims.

More to.come once I begin install.

I noticed it said 5" back spacing, be sure to check for rubbing if you go with the 35s, I'm sure you saw, but that'll make a difference with stock wheels

tharb5111

I noticed it said 5" back spacing, be sure to check for rubbing if you go with the 35s, I'm sure you saw, but that'll make a difference with stock wheels

Ya I am at 4.5 back space with my current spacers and from what I've read should be good with 35s km2s. What do you think? I should be fine?

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Ya I am at 4.5 back space with my current spacers and from what I've read should be good with 35s km2s. What do you think? I should be fine?

That's sounds like you'll be just fine with the spacers. After you install just cycle the suspension and check for rubbing, but I think you'll be just fine 👍🏻

tharb5111

Bag of goodies

That's a cool looking crate! Oh I bought my Jeep with this lift already on it without the driveshaft and with Bilstein 5100. I've been really happy with it and can't complain. The only problem I had was my rear swaybar links caught my brake line and pull them down. The dealer that installed the lift refuse to fix it so I ended up zip-tying my brake lines keeping it tight to the frame.

Ya I really like the crate too . I'm putting the Rubi shocks and springs in it once I start the lift take offs.

As for your brake lines it sounds like they installed your sway bar links on the outside of your sway bar and axel mounts. They should be installed on inside. Eddie mentions this on most common faq every new jeeper has. My instructions mention it too. Can't believe the dealer didn't help you out.

Glad to hear you like the lift! I installed the drive shaft and it's working great.

tharb5111

My new jks drop brackets, sway bar lanyards, and extended quicker disconnects arrive.

Installed the lanyards. Really like them.

Installed jks quick disconnects several months ago but I received my longer disconnects. Will swap them in once lift is installed.

Attachments

• 1441289806849.jpg
    1441289806849.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 1441289837475.jpg
    1441289837475.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 183

tharb5111

My synergy d30 c gussets, shaft sleeve and front control arm skids installed. Pure beef.

Attachments

• 1441290085035.jpg
    1441290085035.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 1441290105515.jpg
    1441290105515.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 184

tharb5111

Can I get thoughts? Advice?

Should I instal front 2 inch bump stops or leave them off and just trim fenders flat? I know rear 2 inch bumps are required either way but I've read Planman and Dirtman have said if I trim fenders flat I can skip the front bumps and get a bit more travel. Decisions decisions. Worried trimmed fenders are gonna flap a lot at highway speeds. Thoughts?

tharb5111

Went from 3.73 to 4.56s. Install went perfect. 4 wp did a fantastic job. No vibes. No whining.

Attachments

• 1441290485185.jpg
    1441290485185.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 189
Top Bottom