Mopar 2 inch lift with driveshaft

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I noted a few things about your lift/ build. You can take it or leave it as I'm just a web wheeler but:

1. You do know that the lift you have is nothing more than a re-branded Teraflex lift? Usually known for netting at least 1" more lift than advertised and having a rougher than stock ride.

2. Both Planman and Dirtman are idiots. You NEED bumpstops especially with a 3" (real height) lift or you will over compress your coils and risk "going solid." You will get more travel at the expense of ruining your coils.

3. Your front sway bar links look too short and you will invert them. Your swaybar should be slightly above level. About 15 degrees or so.

4. Not sure if you have resolved the clunk you're hearing but it could be loose trackbar hardware or suspension component. Especially if you hear them when you start acceleration.

I hope this helps.

tharb5111

Thank you for the help. I will check all those items tomorrow and fix the length on my new sway bar disconnects. I just set them to the same.size the ones mopar instructions said to use (same length as rears since they were too move up front). Everything was assembled today and checked during instal and the clunk is still there. I can make it occur at will by pressing gas in first or second gear only.
It is going into shop that did the gears this week and I'll keep you guys posted what they find.

Thank you again. I appreciate your time and your help!

Last edited:

tharb5111

I noted a few things about your lift/ build. You can take it or leave it as I'm just a web wheeler but:

1. You do know that the lift you have is nothing more than a re-branded Teraflex lift? Usually known for netting at least 1" more lift than advertised and having a rougher than stock ride.

2. Both Planman and Dirtman are idiots. You NEED bumpstops especially with a 3" (real height) lift or you will over compress your coils and risk "going solid." You will get more travel at the expense of ruining your coils.

3. Your front sway bar links look too short and you will invert them. Your swaybar should be slightly above level. About 15 degrees or so.

4. Not sure if you have resolved the clunk you're hearing but it could be loose trackbar hardware or suspension component. Especially if you hear them when you start acceleration.

I hope this helps.

Just an update: i did extend the front sway bar links as you described. They are now a bit higher than horizontal. Lengthened them about an inch further. Thanks again.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Just an update: i did extend the front sway bar links as you described. They are now a bit higher than horizontal. Lengthened them about an inch further. Thanks again.

Cool, I hope you also consider adding bumpstops with your 3" of lift.

tharb5111

So my wife is not happy that the jeep is too hard for her to get in now.

But she returned from driving it to the store and she said how she was really happy with how smooth it rides. I asked her how it compares to stock and she replied "about the same. Just smoother." There it is folks... She's happy with this kit. Which means I didn't ruin the ride quality as she was so certain I was going to do installing this lift. Haha!

Hope this helps anyone that may be interested in this same lift. This is the brand new mopar 2 inch lift in a crate. It was developed in house by mopar from what I read. And the Fox shocks and mopar springs were tuned specific to the jku. The ride quality of this kit, and the included drive shaft was well worth it. This lift is not to be confused with the previous 2.5 mopar lift.

Actual lift height? Previous clearance before lift in front left wheel well between top of tire and fender with 32s on was 5.5 inches. Distance between top of 35 and fender tonight after lift was 8 inches. So it appears I gained 2.5 inches out of this lift on the front. And that includes the 1/2 inch coil spacer I put on to recover sag from weight of the heavy arb stubby and warn winch.

tharb5111

With my 1/2 spacer to offset weight of winch and my arb stubby, Im at 8 inches between top of tire and fender. It was at 5.5 inches before the lift. I'm no mathematician but it appears I gained 2.5 inches.

Attachments

• 1441597318595.jpg
    1441597318595.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

tharb5111

tharb5111

Cool, I hope you also consider adding bumpstops with your 3" of lift.

Yes I did. Your right I didn't want to risk running without them. My friend and owner of jd off-road convinced me to run the stops. Glad I did. Two inches rear and two inches up front.

tharb5111

Any additional height (more thank 9.375") between the bottom of the spring tower to the top of the spring perch is your ACTUAL lift over stock.

Check this out: http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/Jaxom44/Jeep/Liftdimensions.jpg

Ok I took the measurements as per the pic above:
I measured about 12 inches at springs (I also have the 1/2 spacer included at top of spring mount) and about 21 inches at shock.
So that looks to be about 3 inches front (2.5 if I took out my spacer).

I'm thinking now maybe I should not have used the spacers? Hmm. Is this not a good idea?

tharb5111

Front Axle shifted drive side just about 1/2 inch. Need correction or should I leave it alone? Is it just aesthetic or performance issue? Don't want to give up stock track bar for an adjustable unless this is more than an aesthetic issue. Hmmm. More reading and research ahead I see.

USMC Wrangler

I got 21" at the front shock with the EVO leveling kit springs and no spacer. To my eye it looks like they've settled a bit, or I've gotten used to how it looks now, or the chopped factory bumper gives a different perspective...I'm not sure. I'll re-measure tomorrow to confirm. I guess what I'm saying is that your springs may settle too (if that's what has happened with mine).

I don't have enough knowledge to help answer the shifted axle though. Sorry...

I put on 1,75 inch spacers but still only have 50 cm (19,68 inch ) at the center of shockbolt and tower. that is only 1,18 inch of lift. Can my lod rock rails have sag my jeep so much? or are the coils just old?

tharb5111

Weight will make springs sag a bit. That's why I installed a one inch spacer on my new springs to offset the weight of my winch and heavy arb bull bar.

Rednroll

I hope this helps.

Old thread....but wow! There is so much wrong in this post that I felt it needed to be corrected.

1. The Mopar 2.5in lift was a rebranded teraflex lift. The Mopar 2in lift is a re-designed by Mopar lift. Get the facts straight.
2. The Mopar 2in lift comes with bump stops and were pictured and shown earlier in the discussion. How you going to call Planman and Dirtman idiots when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about?

Have a nice day if you're still around.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Old thread....but wow! There is so much wrong in this post that I felt it needed to be corrected.

1. The Mopar 2.5in lift was a rebranded teraflex lift. The Mopar 2in lift is a re-designed by Mopar lift. Get the facts straight.
2. The Mopar 2in lift comes with bump stops and were pictured and shown earlier in the discussion. How you going to call Planman and Dirtman idiots when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about?

And who are you??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL - Holy thread revival from 2015! Who knew crusty old information from over 3 years ago could be so offensive that it'd get a guy like you seek it out and inspire you to make your very first post here since signing up back in March of last year. :crazyeyes:

He may not know what he was talking about way back then but I can assure you that NOBODY CARES at this point and time.

See you around in another year or so or whenever you find another crusty old thread that gets your panties in a twist. :thumb:

jesse3638

Hooked
LOL - Holy thread revival from 2015! Who knew crusty old information from over 3 years ago could be so offensive that it'd get a guy like you seek it out and inspire you to make your very first post here since signing up back in March of last year. :crazyeyes:

He may not know what he was talking about way back then but I can assure you that NOBODY CARES at this point and time.

See you around in another year or so or whenever you find another crusty old thread that gets your panties in a twist. :thumb:

What were you giving away last March?..haha

Top Bottom