Mopar High Clearance Flares

samIam007

On another note, has anyone actually seen these in person to verify if they are wider than stock or the same? Looking for new flares that will be legal in Hawaii and these may be the answer I'm looking for!

The MCE Flexible Flatties are 2 inches wider than stock. That might help you out in Hawaii.

samIam007

But it's almost the same price. What's the pros?

MCE Fenders are marketed as flexible without cracking. They are a great product if you are worried about popping fenders clips while on the trail. I assume the mopar highline fenders are made with the same materials as the stockers.

Rud

High Top

To each their own, but I like the stock look. I got The high tops with Mopar 2" and 37" K02's JKUHR_37_HighFenders.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
To each their own, but I like the stock look. I got The high tops with Mopar 2" and 37" K02's View attachment 212780

That looks great! I'm actually headed to the dealer tomorrow to get a price on these. I too like the stock look and I need additional coverage of I'm going to run my 35s here in Hawaii. Eddie (Wayalife) recommended these to me, as well as Troy, the owner or Star Fabricating.

Do you know how much wider these are than the stock flares?

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I think nemesis has some nice flares

I love the look of my Nemesis flares. View attachment 212804

Nemesis fenders look great, but none of them provide more coverage than stock. I contacted Nemesis and they confirmed none of their flares are stock width or wider. Same with Metalcloak and the MCE flat flares. All of them run slightly narrower than stock. Bummer for those of us that need more coverage.

Ausjeep113

Double black offroad here in Aus do a flat flare that is 40mm wider than stock and a stock style flare that is 2" wider than stock. I have the flat ones on mine and I'm pretty happy with how solid yet flexible they are and super easy to install.

Andy5160

Hooked
Here is my 5 cents. Most guys replace stock fenders to gain more clearance at full articulation so why would you spend money on something that gives you same clearance as the stock flares?
After my first offroad trip with 35 tires both rear fenders were rubbing to the point that the plastic fasteners came off on both sides.
So from the practical point of view i don't see a reason to upgrade.
Correct me if i an wrong.
ty

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Here is my 5 cents. Most guys replace stock fenders to gain more clearance at full articulation so why would you spend money on something that gives you same clearance as the stock flares?
After my first offroad trip with 35 tires both rear fenders were rubbing to the point that the plastic fasteners came off on both sides.
So from the practical point of view i don't see a reason to upgrade.
Correct me if i an wrong.
ty

These do give you more room, the flares are signicantly higher. Mopar advertises them to be able to fit 35s with no lift and 37s with only 2".

JK07

The new Mopar flares are higher so they give more room for the tire. Also, Poison Spyder now offers an extra-wide metal flare. Not sure yet if I like the look. I've only seen their pictures on a red 4 door. I would love to see more photos.

Last edited:
Top Bottom