Mopar spicer Dana 60

CRZRTX

I don't know about the Mopar Dana 60. I saw some test Jeeps run by Chrysler at Moab at EJS 2015 with Mopar 60s.

I am running the Spicer Ultimate Dana 60s. Different animal.

T&ERun

LOSER
I remember watching a Dodge pickup do that exact same thing. He hit a hill around 30 MPH I would guess. He was at least 6-8 feet off the ground. Came down and axle broke just like the pic above. He thought he was Superman I guess.

Wardell

I don't know about the Mopar Dana 60. I saw some test Jeeps run by Chrysler at Moab at EJS 2015 with Mopar 60s.

I am running the Spicer Ultimate Dana 60s. Different animal.

They're the same axles. The only difference between the ones Spicer sells direct and the ones sold through Mopar is the name on the Diff cover. In fact, Spicer is the driveline products brand for the Dana Holding Corporation, and they make all the stock Jeep axles too.

Last edited:

toshigav

I have about 7000 miles on my Spicer UD60s front and rear. Been to Moab, hit tough trails, been to off road parks in Texas, etc., goes 90 MPH down the highway, no problems. Hitting the Rubicon Trail next month. I think they are bad ass, but I know others will prefer the choices Dynatrac offers. Dynatrac is a great brand but comparable Dynatracs are about $5000 more.

The brakes are off of a Ram 3500 and 17" slabs are too tight. I suggest 18" slabs.

I installed them myself with the help of a couple of friends. Everything bolts up nicely. New drive shafts are obviously needed. The ebrakes are tight, but optional part numbers for longer lines are listed in the literature, as well as an upgraded master brake cylinder. I am running stock JKU ebrake cables and master brake and they work fine, but the suggested ones would probably work better.

Good luck with yours. I love mine.

Hi.
Just installed mine here in OZ.
hard to get solid answers on cables and booster.
How did you connect your cables in the UD60.
Seems a different angle than stock.
Or am I missing something.
Thanks.

Top Bottom