Mopar spicer Dana 60

StrizzyChris

No worries. Honestly thought the welcome PM was auto generated so ignored it. The Spicer Rep comment wasn't necessarily for you but for others to see the post. Seems like this Forum is a little bit closer nit than what I am used to which is cool. Looking forward to it. Just trying to pass on recent info that I have gathered for everyone's research.

This is true! Welcome and if you can take a constructive debate and back your facts up....then you'll enjoy it here! :thumb:

Pretty sure you spent well over $6k already to get just 2.5" of extra clearance.

He knows a guy, they are WAY cheaper than 6K!

penis-pump1.jpg

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Wow! This is a long thread. If we knew about it sooner we would have chimed in.

First of all, if anyone wants a UD60 axle built by Mopar/Dana, they can order it right here at Dynatrac. Stocks are limited, but we are happy to help you get the right equipment for your budget and needs. That’s our job. We want to make sure that we sell the right axle to every one of our customers for the type of vehicle they are building and how they want to use it. The UD60 has its place in the market, but there are a lot of factors to make sure we give our customers exactly what they need.

Here is our take on the questions raised in the thread, technical and otherwise.

- The Dana axles are cheaper. If low price is your primary criteria, then these are a better choice than the other imported alternatives that are out there. You know who they are, so we don’t need to mention any names.

- Comparing the prices of UD60s and Dynatrac ProRock axles is difficult. Dynatrac offers more options and features than any other axle, period. You would have to use a very bare ProRock configuration to even get close to a fair price comparison, and even that’s not fair because our base ProRock has features not offered in any other axle. Frankly, we rarely sell a ProRock without a bunch of options. That tells me that price is not the only criteria for most of you.

- You can order a ProRock with any geometry (pinion angle & castor). That lets us build your axle so it will drive great in your vehicle. One size does not fit all – we configure this for every customer. That’s why we spend more time talking with our customers before they buy, than any other axle company. I cannot confirm the geometry of the UD60, but I can tell you that it is only offered in one configuration.

- Dynatrac ProRock axles have considerably better ground clearance than the UD60. We’re sure of that. A little ground clearance makes a big difference.

- Other than the ring & pinions, I do not know if any of the Mopar/Dana UD60 parts are made in the USA. Since Dana only called out the gear as “made in USA”, my guess is the rest of it is imported. All the components we manufacture for your ProRock are made in USA.

- We offer multiple brake options for your ProRock axle. They all fit in 17” wheels. We have yet to find a 17” wheel that does not fit. The UD60 brakes may not fit some 17” wheels. We simply cannot confirm which ones will or will not fit.

- The Mopar/Dana axles are 69.5” wide compared to the 68.5” width of our ProRock60 fronts for the JK. Stock JK is 65.5”. Our ProRock rear axles, Trail Series axles and ProRock 44 axles are available in stock and custom widths.

- Anyone can buy an axle from Dynatrac directly. We also have some fine dealers and builders out there that insist on Dynatrac. Many customers prefer to buy direct if they don’t have a trusted local source. You must buy a UD60 from a 3rd party. You will not find a more reliable source of experience, correct information, and better reputation than Dynatrac.

- Mopar Performance parts do not have a warranty. I am not aware of an official warranty procedure offered by Dana. Dynatrac will sell the Mopar/Dana UD60, but cannot warranty it for you. We will always do our best to get the big guys to help you, but all we can do is try.

- Dynatrac offers the best warranty in the business on ProRock and all of the axles that we manufacture. Dynatrac will warranty, service and talk to you one-on-one about our products any day. We always have, and always will. Having a warranty and honoring/servicing that warranty are two very different things. Our track record of honoring warranty and service is second to none. You don’t have to take my word for it, ask around.

- You simply cannot compare a UD60 – or any other rear axle for that matter – to the ProRock 80. We designed the ProRock 80 specifically because we had hard evidence that the market needed much more than a Dana 60 or 70 gear could deliver. Smaller builds can still benefit from the ProRock 60 or UD60 in the rear. Especially compared to other imported axles out there.

- The UD60 axles only come with the Eaton E-locker. I do not know if this is the old version or the new version Eaton has been talking about. The old E-locker version is not strong enough for big tire (37” or more tires) in our opinion. Substituting ARBs, or any other diff for that matter, eliminates most of the cost savings of the UD60. It also complicates any claims on warranty.

Stay tuned for more info on the new Dynatrac ProRock XD60 with our new 1550 wheel ends. The best is getting even better.

Dynatrac has been leading the aftermarket axle business since 1988. We know more about performance axles and durability for trucks, Jeeps, buggies, etc. than any other company in the world. Yes, I’m sure of myself when I say that. It’s great that companies like Dana and Mopar have taken a recent interest in the aftermarket. We support them, do business with them, and want to see them do well. However, if your vehicle is important enough for you to seek out the best axle, Dynatrac is still your only choice.

Well said! This is why I run your axles in my rig, I truly have the "Confidence to Explore" in my daily driver knowing your parts will always get me home!!!

Sent from my Samsung S5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Here is what I found, customer pic when he got it in the crate. Check out that weld spatter. What's up with that?
Yeah, I have a weld that looks like that also, but more than half look like the picture I posted. Poor quality imo.
What kind of customer? Are you a shade tree mechanic?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dynatrac you guys are awesome, thanks for chiming in.

Really? You're still here?? Guess you aren't much of a man of your word. :naw:

Here is what I found, customer pic when he got it in the crate. Check out that weld spatter. What's up with that?

"Customer"? What's up with that? :thinking:

Clearly you're just an excited guy who wants one of these axles and so you're making ALL of your posts, on this thread and just to be helpful to others :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! This is a long thread. If we knew about it sooner we would have chimed in.

First of all, if anyone wants a UD60 axle built by Mopar/Dana, they can order it right here at Dynatrac. Stocks are limited, but we are happy to help you get the right equipment for your budget and needs. That’s our job. We want to make sure that we sell the right axle to every one of our customers for the type of vehicle they are building and how they want to use it. The UD60 has its place in the market, but there are a lot of factors to make sure we give our customers exactly what they need.

Here is our take on the questions raised in the thread, technical and otherwise.

- The Dana axles are cheaper. If low price is your primary criteria, then these are a better choice than the other imported alternatives that are out there. You know who they are, so we don’t need to mention any names.

- Comparing the prices of UD60s and Dynatrac ProRock axles is difficult. Dynatrac offers more options and features than any other axle, period. You would have to use a very bare ProRock configuration to even get close to a fair price comparison, and even that’s not fair because our base ProRock has features not offered in any other axle. Frankly, we rarely sell a ProRock without a bunch of options. That tells me that price is not the only criteria for most of you.

- You can order a ProRock with any geometry (pinion angle & castor). That lets us build your axle so it will drive great in your vehicle. One size does not fit all – we configure this for every customer. That’s why we spend more time talking with our customers before they buy, than any other axle company. I cannot confirm the geometry of the UD60, but I can tell you that it is only offered in one configuration.

- Dynatrac ProRock axles have considerably better ground clearance than the UD60. We’re sure of that. A little ground clearance makes a big difference.

- Other than the ring & pinions, I do not know if any of the Mopar/Dana UD60 parts are made in the USA. Since Dana only called out the gear as “made in USA”, my guess is the rest of it is imported. All the components we manufacture for your ProRock are made in USA.

- We offer multiple brake options for your ProRock axle. They all fit in 17” wheels. We have yet to find a 17” wheel that does not fit. The UD60 brakes may not fit some 17” wheels. We simply cannot confirm which ones will or will not fit.

- The Mopar/Dana axles are 69.5” wide compared to the 68.5” width of our ProRock60 fronts for the JK. Stock JK is 65.5”. Our ProRock rear axles, Trail Series axles and ProRock 44 axles are available in stock and custom widths.

- Anyone can buy an axle from Dynatrac directly. We also have some fine dealers and builders out there that insist on Dynatrac. Many customers prefer to buy direct if they don’t have a trusted local source. You must buy a UD60 from a 3rd party. You will not find a more reliable source of experience, correct information, and better reputation than Dynatrac.

- Mopar Performance parts do not have a warranty. I am not aware of an official warranty procedure offered by Dana. Dynatrac will sell the Mopar/Dana UD60, but cannot warranty it for you. We will always do our best to get the big guys to help you, but all we can do is try.

- Dynatrac offers the best warranty in the business on ProRock and all of the axles that we manufacture. Dynatrac will warranty, service and talk to you one-on-one about our products any day. We always have, and always will. Having a warranty and honoring/servicing that warranty are two very different things. Our track record of honoring warranty and service is second to none. You don’t have to take my word for it, ask around.

- You simply cannot compare a UD60 – or any other rear axle for that matter – to the ProRock 80. We designed the ProRock 80 specifically because we had hard evidence that the market needed much more than a Dana 60 or 70 gear could deliver. Smaller builds can still benefit from the ProRock 60 or UD60 in the rear. Especially compared to other imported axles out there.

- The UD60 axles only come with the Eaton E-locker. I do not know if this is the old version or the new version Eaton has been talking about. The old E-locker version is not strong enough for big tire (37” or more tires) in our opinion. Substituting ARBs, or any other diff for that matter, eliminates most of the cost savings of the UD60. It also complicates any claims on warranty.

Stay tuned for more info on the new Dynatrac ProRock XD60 with our new 1550 wheel ends. The best is getting even better.

Dynatrac has been leading the aftermarket axle business since 1988. We know more about performance axles and durability for trucks, Jeeps, buggies, etc. than any other company in the world. Yes, I’m sure of myself when I say that. It’s great that companies like Dana and Mopar have taken a recent interest in the aftermarket. We support them, do business with them, and want to see them do well. However, if your vehicle is important enough for you to seek out the best axle, Dynatrac is still your only choice.

Thanks for chiming in with that great response Dynatrac!! I think information like this is what everyone here needs to understand especially when it comes to things like warranty and how Mopar Performance parts DO NOT offer one. Of course, IF someone chooses to buy a UD60 anyway, it's good to know that Dynatrac is still the best option to buy one from.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those are over on another forum you all don't care for, he posted the pics instead of the link...

:cheesy: Is it safe to assume that it's a forum that you care for?

How nice of him to do me the favor of not posting a link to another forum we don't care for. Still doesn't answer the question of who his "customer" is or why he feels the need to sign up on my forum just to make all his posts on this thread and with pics posted from this other forum. I can't imagine why he wouldn't just spend more of his time there and of course, he said he wasn't going to post on here anymore but, so much for that. :rolleyes2:

I try to be a function over form guy and I will admit I was maybe secretly hoping these might be a diamond in the rough but to be honest that thing is really fugly and gives the appearance of "cheap" not "less expensive".

Top Bottom