Mopar spicer Dana 60

Nice edit.

What clearance are we talking about? I didn't bother to read all the puffery.

Lol. Yep, I started adding up the cost of running 37's in my head and realized $4k was ridiculously low. I'm talking about axle clearance at its lowest point, which is one of the reasons why people run bigger tires.

1.5" is the difference between getting the pumpkin stuck on a stump and having to get winched...or cruising right over. ;)

Lol. Yep, I started adding up the cost of running 37's in my head and realized $4k was ridiculously low. I'm talking about axle clearance at its lowest point, which is one of the reasons why people run bigger tires.

1.5" is the difference between getting the pumpkin stuck on a stump and having to get winched...or cruising right over. ;)

Not sure it's 1.5" I just took a guess! Bet I'm not far off though.

"High-clearance carrier with ribbed housing design"
"Cover face rotated back for greater ground clearance" (like the Currie 60????)
"Reinforced ribbing on bottom of carrier to prevent hang-ups on rocks or rough terrain"
"Spicer® 10" (256 mm) ring and pinion gear" (vs Dynatrac 9.75" ring gear)

Looks like Spicer did some things to increase the clearance but time will only tell. I'll ask another guy who is installing them now if he can take some measurements. Obviously Dynatrac will have the better clearance--by how much, don't know and probably nobody does at this point?

"High-clearance carrier with ribbed housing design"
"Cover face rotated back for greater ground clearance" (like the Currie 60????)
"Reinforced ribbing on bottom of carrier to prevent hang-ups on rocks or rough terrain"
"Spicer® 10" (256 mm) ring and pinion gear" (vs Dynatrac 9.75" ring gear)

Looks like Spicer did some things to increase the clearance but time will only tell. I'll ask another guy who is installing them now if he can take some measurements. Obviously Dynatrac will have the better clearance--by how much, don't know and probably nobody does at this point?

:cheesy: You're still at it??

So it isn't missed, YOU LOVE WHAT YOU BOUGHT - awesome, we get it already. I'm sure it'll serve you well and that's great! Are you really so insecure in what you bought that you feel the need to belabor the point and make every single post you've ever made here about it? :naw:

:cheesy: You're still at it??

So it isn't missed, YOU LOVE WHAT YOU BOUGHT - awesome, we get it already. I'm sure it'll serve you well and that's great! Are you really so insecure in what you bought that you feel the need to belabor the point and make every single post you've ever made here about it? :naw:

No I haven't bought them yet (next month). Like I told you before I have done a ton of research on both Spicer and Dynatrac axles. I get it, Dynatrac is a sponsor to this (obviously your) forum. I am not being "insecure" or "belaboring the point"! I am passing information that I have gathered for everyone's benefit. That is one of the reasons why people use forums like this--gather research so individuals can make smart, logical, and economical decisions about Jeep gear they don't have and/or haven't seen. Have you forgotten that? Sure, I can take some criticism, joke back and forth, and have fun with the rest of you. Question is--can you? I'll know my answer if I get blocked or kicked off.

No I haven't bought them yet (next month).

My mistake - you're a fanboy of a product you haven't even bought yet. :crazyeyes:

Like I told you before I have done a ton of research on both Spicer and Dynatrac axles.

Never said you hadn't or that your information was inaccurate. :rolleyes2:

I get it, Dynatrac is a sponsor to this (obviously your) forum.

:cheesy: Here we go. When you get you panties in a bunch, throw out the "sponsor" card. Well buddy, here's a bit of news for you, the owner of Dynatrac is a personal friend of mine and he pays me NOTHING to be on this forum. ALSO, he is a vendor of Dana/Spicer products :eek: :rolleyes2:

I am not being "insecure" or "belaboring the point"!

Could have fooled me. Nobody else here has signed up on the forum with the only purpose of churching up an axle that they haven't even bought yet but hey, what do I know. :idontknow:

I am passing information that I have gathered for everyone's benefit.

And, everyone got it the first time around, and the second and the third. :rolleyes2:

That is one of the reasons why people use forums like this--gather research so individuals can make smart, logical, and economical decisions about Jeep gear they don't have and/or haven't seen. Have you forgotten that?

I'm sure if I had forgotten, you would beat it into my head. :crazyeyes:

Sure, I can take some criticism, joke back and forth, and have fun with the rest of you.

Funny, I don't recall criticizing you but for a guy who claims to be able to take it, you sure do have your panties in a bunch. :yup:

Question is--can you? I'll know my answer if I get blocked or kicked off.

:cheesy: Thought you'd never bring that up ;)

No I haven't bought them yet (next month). Like I told you before I have done a ton of research on both Spicer and Dynatrac axles. I get it, Dynatrac is a sponsor to this (obviously your) forum. I am not being "insecure" or "belaboring the point"! I am passing information that I have gathered for everyone's benefit. That is one of the reasons why people use forums like this--gather research so individuals can make smart, logical, and economical decisions about Jeep gear they don't have and/or haven't seen. Have you forgotten that? Sure, I can take some criticism, joke back and forth, and have fun with the rest of you. Question is--can you? I'll know my answer if I get blocked or kicked off.

Did all your research tell you how many KOH races, and Vegas to Reno races the Dana axle has been put to the test in?

Don't be a fool pig, there is no reason to want a proven history of a specific product before dropping $11k.

Don't be a fool pig, there is no reason to want a proven history of a specific product before dropping $11k.

Crazy to drop cash on a Hemi, AEV lift and rims, PSC fenders and sliders only to skimp on one of the most important parts of the build.

Common sense tells me there must be certain differences in an axle set costing 15-16k vs one that costs 11K. Neither company is what I would call "shady" (ala Terabreak and the like) so likely not being straight ripped off here.

So that means the difference lies in form, function, material costs, R&D, manufacturing, etc.

I don't know a lot, but one thing I have learned here over the years is that more times than not, you get what you pay for. Maybe this is oversimplifying things???

Boy you moderators like to have fun. That's cool, I'm sure you guys like your fan club. Yourselves.

You should come to one of the luncheons. 👍

Please RSVP so we can have enough Kool aid. 😂😂😂 I'm sure that was going to be your next comment, right?

You should come to one of the luncheons. 

Please RSVP so we can have enough Kool aid.  I'm sure that was going to be your next comment, right?

Thanks for the invite. I'll be sure to bring something that will increase the acohol level in the Kool aid. I'm gonna need it.

My mistake - you're a fanboy of a product you haven't even bought yet.

Here we go. When you get you panties in a bunch, throw out the "sponsor" card. Well buddy, here's a bit of news for you, the owner of Dynatrac is a personal friend of mine and he pays me NOTHING to be on this forum. ALSO, he is a vendor of Dana/Spicer products :eek: :rolleyes2:

Could have fooled me. Nobody else here has signed up on the forum with the only purpose of churching up an axle that they haven't even bought yet but hey, what do I know. :idontknow:

And, everyone got it the first time around, and the second and the third. :rolleyes2:

I'm sure if I had forgotten, you would beat it into my head. :crazyeyes:

Funny, I don't recall criticizing you but for a guy who claims to be able to take it, you sure do have your panties in a bunch. :yup:

:cheesy: Thought you'd never bring that up ;)

Dude, you got issues. Not sure what your beef is with me and obviously I am going to lose this argument. You are so much better with the 12 year comments (panties in a bunch--REALLY) and the clever smiley faces. I am sure you know people in high Jeep God status--outstanding! I got nothing but good things to say about Dynatrac. I am just bringing out info about a new product.
I never claimed you were critizing me about being able to "take it". I stated a fact that I can roll with the best of them and I don't get butt hurt about things. I'm still here.
Dude really I am here to help out other Jeepers nothing more. I am not trying to gain status, I'm not a Spicer Rep (whoops sore subject), I'm not selling anything, degrade anybody's rig, or criticize anyone (maybe some slight bashing). Bottomline, I'm here to help out Jeepers--that's it. Cool?

Edited: I'm not posting anything else on this thread that doesn't have nothing to do with the OP. I hate digging through meaningless comments to get information I am searching for. Guilty of screwing this one up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom