Mopar spicer Dana 60

Metal Monkey

Okay, so here are the cliff's notes from what I've been reading.

Dealers should be able to get the axles within 3-5 days. It seems that some of them are willing to deal on the price, but the mopar performance catalog lists them for $7k for the front and $4k for the rear. So don't pay over that. That means they should be about $12k OTD depending on your local tax. The knuckles were noted to be smaller than a ProRock as discussed in this thread earlier and in the 2014 SEMA thread. Other observations were that the welds look good, and the brackets are beefy. The stock steering can be reused, but the SEMA rig had aftermarket steering. You will want to be selective with your wheel choice as the 18" wheels that were installed barely cleared the Ram 3500 calipers. Apparently they had a funny taper. The SEMA JK had 17" wheels with 4.5" bs, Walker Evans I believe. No word if extra caster is already built-in.

Part numbers and pricing can be found in the Mopar catalog on page 15.
http://www.mopar.com/assets/pdf/performance/catalog/Jeep_Performance_Catalog.pdf

Info from Spicer's site.
http://http://spicerparts.com/products/axle/automotive/ultimate-60

AutopartsMopar has them for $6300 and $3600 f/r. NR4x4, Jegs, and East Coast Gear Supply (ARB option but at a premium) carry them as well as any other Mopar Parts Dealer. The axles can also be bought from a Spicer dealer. The only difference will be the diff covers will say Dana instead of Jeep if bought from Mopar/Dealer.

Sorry about the other post. Hopefully I didn't do anything wrong above.

Wardell

You will want to be selective with your wheel choice as the 18" wheels that were installed barely cleared the Ram 3500 calipers. Apparently they had a funny taper. The SEMA JK had 17" wheels with 4.5" bs, Walker Evans I believe. No word if extra caster is already built-in.

Hmmm, interesting point. There were two rigs at SEMA with these axles, the Jeep / MOPAR Maximum Performance JK and the Dana / Spicer JK.

Maximum Performance had the new MOPAR beadlocks on it (although I'm not sure if MOPAR is making them or just distributing them). From what I hear they were designed to fit the new axles, and from Eddie's pics I can tell it's a 17" wheel. It looks like they have a 5x5 bolt pattern version of these beadlocks coming out as well, since they had similar beadlock wheels on Mojo.

Eddie's pics also show the Dana / Spicer rig had the Walker Evans beadlocks. I don't know much about those wheels, but if these fit I'd imagine any similar 17" or larger beadlock wheel with the right bolt pattern will be good.

One thing to note here is these front axles only have 6* of separation on the pinion (same as stock) - so they would basically have to be run just like stock and would leave you with the existing problem of fighting castor and drive shaft angles. I really wanted these to be another option but no added castor really bums me out.

JAGS

Hooked
One thing to note here is these front axles only have 6* of separation on the pinion (same as stock) - so they would basically have to be run just like stock and would leave you with the existing problem of fighting castor and drive shaft angles. I really wanted these to be another option but no added castor really bums me out.

Good point on the set up. :yup: I don't have the cash or need right now for upgraded axles. I'd venture to say though that most folks who have 12K for these, wouldn't mind spending an extra 3-4k and just going straight to DynaTrac.

mastrcruse

I thought I read that there was 10* option. Let me see if I can dig up the details and I'll post em'. For the price I think they are legitimate competition to the other manus.

jmatta33

I thought I read that there was 10* option. Let me see if I can dig up the details and I'll post em'. For the price I think they are legitimate competition to the other manus.

its $10,900 for the set from quadratec. but the question is, are they going to perform anywhere close to the more expensive alternative or are they going to be $11k paper weights...

mastrcruse

its $10,900 for the set from quadratec. but the question is, are they going to perform anywhere close to the more expensive alternative or are they going to be $11k paper weights...

I agree. People will have to take a dive and see how they perform.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Hey Jeep, feel free to donate some d60's to put under my jeep so I can let all this people know how they are, lol.

Metal Monkey

Mix and match maybe? What would be a downside to running the mopar rear with a PR front for the castor adjustment? That way you'd have a ff rear for a couple thousand less than PR f/r.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug

The front is just under 10* of seperation. They are not same as stock.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wardell

Spicer was smart enough to put in raised track bar mounting brackets, so I'd hope they would be smart enough to build in a better caster angle too.

13_gecko_rub / mastrcruse, where did you hear the 10° caster angle? They don't even list this in Spicer's spec sheet... so I'd definitely want to read up a bit more if you have an article that mentions it.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Many of the reps probably haven't gotten all the info yet. Dana/Spicer/Mopar should be updating their brochures with more info soon. The axles are right about 69" wide front and rear.

Goat Boy

I have these axles on order for my two door and I purchased the Dana Spicer version.

I was told by a reliable source that there is indeed separation built into them at just under 10*, much like a Pro Rock 44 Unlimited or similar.

Dynatracs would be awesome, but the extra cost will pay for the new wheels, tires, steering upgrades, driveshafts, ect. Don't forget to factor all of that in if you decide to buy new axles.

Top Bottom