Mopar spicer Dana 60

MTG

Caught the Bug
Funny to see this thread pop up...I was just looking at these over the weekend.

Wardell

They're for sale on northridge. $6950 front, $3950 rear.

That sounds pretty close to the full price from the dealer. I wonder if we can get the Wayalife discount on top of that?

Edit: Just noticed they are on their US site, but not on their Canadian site...

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
Width?

i didnt see it posted on their site. Does anyone know if these are going to be standard (JK) width or are they a little wider?

jeeeep

Hooked
I wonder if they are stock width as well.

but if they are the same size as the standard dana 60 they'll be about 69" versus the stock 65.5"

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Was about to post the same thing. I've heard 68.5 and 69. Not sure which is correct. Def wider than stock. With the wider axle, I'm curious how they are using the stock tie rod. With 60s, I'd def want a beefed up steering to go with it. Could Evo's dana 60 steering kit be put on this axle?

tuna

Narrower, semi-float, setup for leaf springs, no locker I can see. Definitely don't buy those by mistake!

jmatta33

at $10k for a set I am definitely intrigued. Just want to know what I would be losing out on this set vice a dynatrac set. Living on the east coast, it may be a better purchase for me since I wont be out west beating on it in the deserts like some of the other guys on here do.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
at $10k for a set I am definitely intrigued. Just want to know what I would be losing out on this set vice a dynatrac set. Living on the east coast, it may be a better purchase for me since I wont be out west beating on it in the deserts like some of the other guys on here do.

That being said, do you really need a 60 at all? Just trying to put some perspective on things here and maybe save you guys a few dollars.

jmatta33

That being said, do you really need a 60 at all? Just trying to put some perspective on things here and maybe save you guys a few dollars.

I want to run 40's which is why I am looking at 60's as opposed to the prorock 44. Im hoping to be able to relocate to Colorado Springs after this deployment so I'll be able to hit some of the much harder trails out there. Problem is, my wife is still active duty and im now a civilian contractor so we have to be able to get jobs in the same location. There will always be something on the east coast for us by the nature of our jobs so worst case scenario we'll be staying in NC but we are bothing hoping to make the move to Colorado. That being said, I have 12 months in Afghanistan to figure out where im going to be and what axles I'll be getting. If I stay on the east coast its likely I'll get 37's and PR44s. If we are able to relocate to CO, then I will be going with 40s and the PR60/80 combo most likely. For me there are too many questions and concerns with the spicers to consider them at this point so unless those questions get answered I will be going with dynatrac axles. Im all about saving money if the trade off is reasonable, but if the quality isnt there it becomes a "juice isnt worth the squeeze" scenario.

jmatta33

maybe I overstated my interest a little bit, but really Im just curious as to how they stack up. Until I see tangible results and some real workd feedback these will not be a viable option for me. Im just curious more than anything at this point.

Metal Monkey

Has anyone found out the axle tube size yet? will the dana 60 arb locker fit?
East coast gear supply has an ARB as an option, but they are more expensive than anyone else. Tubes are 3.5". .370"/.390" wall f/r.

Cheapest I've found them is for $6300 and $3600 for the f/r respectively.

There's a thread on JKO of a set being installed.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's a thread on JKO of a set being installed.

Not to be an ass here but, if you have something to share, I would be grateful if you would please just share it here as opposed to directing people to other forums - out of courtesy to me if nothing else. Thank you.

Metal Monkey

Not to be an ass here but, if you have something to share, I would be grateful if you would please just share it here as opposed to directing people to other forums - out of courtesy to me if nothing else. Thank you.

Sorry about that. I wasn't sure how to reference the other thread. A link would be OK or just share the details?

Top Bottom