Mouse Hunt

jesse3638

Hooked
Several years ago I was working in my garage on a wood working project. I saw a mouse come out of a hole near the door. I couldn't help but fire off several Brad nails at it. No luck though..haha.

As mentioned peanut butter on a snap trap works well. I've found that smashing a raisin onto the trap first then covering it with peanut butter works. The little ones seem to have a light enough touch they can sometimes eat the peanut butter off of it. Once they try chewing the rain though, game over. That same night I caught 3 in about 20 mins with a snap trap with peanut butter. Wish I could have got one with the Brad nailer...haha

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Several years ago I was working in my garage on a wood working project. I saw a mouse come out of a hole near the door. I couldn't help but fire off several Brad nails at it. No luck though..haha.

As mentioned peanut butter on a snap trap works well. I've found that smashing a raisin onto the trap first then covering it with peanut butter works. The little ones seem to have a light enough touch they can sometimes eat the peanut butter off of it. Once they try chewing the rain though, game over. That same night I caught 3 in about 20 mins with a snap trap with peanut butter. Wish I could have got one with the Brad nailer...haha

Hahaha that would’ve been awesome if you got it with a nail.... next time I’m at the store, peanut butter and raisins are on my list [emoji106] thank you for that tip of the raisin!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Hahaha that would’ve been awesome if you got it with a nail.... next time I’m at the store, peanut butter and raisins are on my list [emoji106] thank you for that tip of the raisin!

I also have had good luck with glue traps. Actually caught a cottontail in my garage on one. Was wondering why my garage was smelling bad and found that. Boy was I surprised.

rogerk93

For the first time ever, During this past winter we suddenly had a mice problem and it was bad. I first walked around the house from the outside filling any hole I seen with some gap filler, then I did the same on the inside. Fill any hole you see regardless if you think it is big enough for them to go through, mice can squeeze through pretty much any hole regardless how small. Then place sticky traps along the walls you may see them walking around or found droppings. I found that sticky traps works much more than the snap things it will take some time before you get all of them as they could have reproduced inside your home and keeping after the problem will help. Every once in a while do another walk around just Incase you missed any hole the first time.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I know this sounds sick but the most effective bait I’ve found are pellets that make the mice blow up. Expansion ratio is like 25/1. More they eat the faster they blow up. Wipes the whole family out in one day. Guess it’s no worse than a smashed skull. IDK. Really works but don’t let it get wet!

jesse3638

Hooked
For the first time ever, During this past winter we suddenly had a mice problem and it was bad. I first walked around the house from the outside filling any hole I seen with some gap filler, then I did the same on the inside. Fill any hole you see regardless if you think it is big enough for them to go through, mice can squeeze through pretty much any hole regardless how small. Then place sticky traps along the walls you may see them walking around or found droppings. I found that sticky traps works much more than the snap things it will take some time before you get all of them as they could have reproduced inside your home and keeping after the problem will help. Every once in a while do another walk around just Incase you missed any hole the first time.

Just saw a a bit of info on TV and it reminded me of this thread. It said that adult mice can fit through a hole the size of a dime.
I know this sounds sick but the most effective bait I’ve found are pellets that make the mice blow up. Expansion ratio is like 25/1. More they eat the faster they blow up. Wipes the whole family out in one day. Guess it’s no worse than a smashed skull. IDK. Really works but don’t let it get wet!

Never heard of that. Could be interesting. Snap traps are probably the most humane but in the end they're vector. They can make people really sick and places inhospitable.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I know this sounds sick but the most effective bait I’ve found are pellets that make the mice blow up. Expansion ratio is like 25/1. More they eat the faster they blow up....

I think my ex may have gotten into a bag of those over the past few years😂

If anyone has any real solutions the barn has a serious issue her can’t get under control. Have cats with free roam of it but still they’re ruining cars over winter, like absolutely trashed- wires, interior, dash plastic, hoses. I saw an ad for drive in plastic bubbles but I think they would chew into that too. Hate field mice.

jesse3638

Hooked
If anyone has any real solutions the barn has a serious issue her can’t get under control. Have cats with free roam of it but still they’re ruining cars over winter, like absolutely trashed- wires, interior, dash plastic, hoses. I saw an ad for drive in plastic bubbles but I think they would chew into that too. Hate field mice.

Fire?..haha

Coop

Caught the Bug
This shit works! Not sure about ex wives!
IMG_1734.jpg
Pets are ok around it. I guess they might fart a lot if they eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hate cats and think they ruin more than mice.

Next time I go out I’ll take a picture of the walk the plank bucket trap. It’ll have a few mice taking a bath.

Field mice are tough. Triple the amount of traps you need and that’s where I would start.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Snap traps and peanut butter works! Got one from behind the fridge! Image1537717743.375372.jpg

I've found that smashing a raisin onto the trap first then covering it with peanut butter works.]
We meant to get raisins at the store yesterday but completely forgot, but looks like I’m gonna be running out to get some today lol Image1537717880.019739.jpg 3 of the 5 traps I set were cleaned of peanut butter

Another trick is to smash the peanut butter in a pinch of cotton from a Q-tip. Get the PB and cotton mix nice and tangled in the trigger plate. Less likely to be licked clean without a kill.

Top Bottom