Moving from 35's to 37's

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
WHY sleeve and truss it when you are just going to bitch MORE when it fails anyway. :idontknow:

"$200" for these magic "hammer- in" sleeves
$250 for a truss kit
$800 in labor for someone to pull the front axle and POSSIBLY hammer in the magics
$1000 for someone to prep and weld in the truss properly.

You are at $2,250 of WASTED MONEY and for about $30 more, you could have actually upgraded to a PR44 housing... this thread is retarded.

:beer:

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
WHY sleeve and truss it when you are just going to bitch MORE when it fails anyway. :idontknow:

$250 for a truss kit
$800 in labor for someone to pull the front axle and POSSIBLY hammer in the magics
$1000 for someone to prep and weld in the truss.

You arer at $2,250 of WASTED MONEY and for about $30 more, you could have actually upgraded to a PR44 housing... this thread is retarded.

Mic drop

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Ok to summarize...

I need to sleeve truss and gusset my PR44 so when I stick it in my butthole it won't bend when I pull on it?

Ok got it!

Best advice in this whole thread. Although WJCO's experiment is hysterical.

Sent from my duck blind.

Wonder what his science projects in school were like.

make sure you pull down and out and not up and over. gotta ge the knuckle at the right angle :thumb:

Just a disclaimer: I have not tried the straw method in any orifice nor am I an expert or engineer. I am merely basing this assumed scenario off of logic an common sense. Do YOUR OWN research before inserting a 2 strawed assembly into your butthole while pondering if differential tube sleeves are the right choice for your vehicle.

Kyle7R

$250 for a truss kit

You are at $2,250 of WASTED MONEY and for about $30 more, you could have actually upgraded to a PR44 housing... this thread is retarded.

[emoji481]
/thread

Wiggles with the 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

ADA OZ

Mic drop

Just to play the devil part

I do not disagree with you but...
Sleeves and Gussets can be had for about $100 dry ice is fun to play with and will help with installation. Weld your own gussets on your D30 just for fun and practice same with the truss if you want, I think you can find one of those for about $100 as well. The you get all that experience and fun of working on your Jeep and save some money( or waste it building a D30 depending on how you look at it)

Save that other money for when it breaks...

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Sleeves and Gussets can be had for about $100 dry ice is fun to play with and will help with installation. Weld your own gussets on your D30 just for fun and practice same with the truss if you want, I think you can find one of those for about $100 as well. The you get all that experience and fun of working on your Jeep and save some money( or waste it building a D30 depending on how you look at it)

You assume everybody can or should weld. I've seen plenty of "welders" who need to do more work with a grinder.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

so YOUR time is worth nothing? :doh:

EDIT:
OK, lets ASSume your time is worth nothing
so
$200 for the magic "Hammer-ins"
$250 for the Truss
$1000 for a 180+ amp 210V welding setup
$150 for argon/CO2 bottle (first time purchase)
$$$ axle fixture to keep it from bending when heated
$500 for air compressor&air tools for truss prep

you STILL have to Drive the jeep as it sits until you
Learn to weld
pull the axle
hammer in the magic
Weld on the truss

or... you could have...

Bough a prorock housing, for $100 more!!

This is still retarded :thumb:

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Not ASSuming anything. Just making conversation.

As I said I don't disagree with you. Just a different thought. That's all.

here is a trussed 3 link rear 44, as you can see, the axle was MUCH stronger! Much improved, Much Wow. :doh: :hmm: :cheesy:

The truss poorly attempts to mitigate 1 problem, but the axle still fails. in this specific case, the whole pumpkin rotated. :naw:

13076575_1172992236067531_6916413031989346717_n.jpg

13062066_10154874236863289_4159235893078071293_n.jpg

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug

$250 for a truss kit

Is the assumption that the individual couldn't install a $120 DIY hammer in sleeve their selves, but they could set up the R&P in the PR44 without incurring labor costs? Seems that the cost difference is a bit understated.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Is the assumption that the individual couldn't install a $120 DIY hammer in sleeve their selves, but they could set up the R&P in the PR44 without incurring labor costs? Seems that the cost difference is a bit understated.

he would have to regear regardless of what he does about axle housings?? so that cost should be included in the comparison because...??? :daydream: :thinking: :hmm:

I'm reccomend sleeves that cost under 200$ and install in less than 2 hours, that's a lot more reasonable for most people, opposed to reccomending them to save up for a 5k axle

$200 for the magic sleeves, we're not talking about shit $120 diy sleeves, we're talking the real deal under $200 hamming magic sleeves!!!

EDIT: waste your money. We'll be here when you come back to tell us how you broke it anyway. :yup:

Last edited:
What happened to that guy that had a complete meltdown cause he installed the wrong sleeves and fucked up his axle? Got butt hurt cause of the "I told you so's" and still tried to say sleeves are the greatest even after his was ruined.
People are going to believe what they want and try to convince others only to justify their purchase to themselves.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
he would have to regear regardless of what he does about axle housings?? so that cost should be included in the comparison because...??? :daydream: :thinking: :hmm:

My apologies. I reread the OP and regearing was mentioned so that cost would have no bearing to the discussion.

J

JKDream

They do though. Go get 2 straws, see how easy one bends, cut a slit in the second and "sleeve" it. You will feel a small difference. It's crazy to say that adding wall thickness doesn't help strength.. and I disagree about that hammer in sleeves, they actually provide more contact area than weld in ones do, the weld sleeves rely on the rosette weld areas for contact. And yes like you said a thicker diameter tubing is going to be strong than a thinner one with thicker walls. However that diameter only helps in a few different structural ways, not with impact. Take a look at the jk stock driveshafts, thin and big, but strong for torque, but will crush on a rock. Now look at a JE reel or Adams shaft, thinner diameter thicker wall.

Still missing the point. The tube RARELY bends in the middle. It bends at the pumpkin. Therefore sleeves are useless. Also, your argument on hammer in sleeves really has no weight. Welding will ALWAYS be stronger. The point you are making is like saying a bolt on track bar bracket is stronger than a weld on bracket. It's retarded.

the_debtenator

Still missing the point. The tube RARELY bends in the middle. It bends at the pumpkin. Therefore sleeves are useless. Also, your argument on hammer in sleeves really has no weight. Welding will ALWAYS be stronger. The point you are making is like saying a bolt on track bar bracket is stronger than a weld on bracket. It's retarded.

My original statements were about the tubes splitting after hitting something. Most axles I've seen bent were all at the C. And no it's nothing like a bolt or trackbar bracket. In regards to tubing it is usually always stronger to have a compression fit opposed to rosette welds. But I guess after years of working on hydraulic cranes and heavy equipment I'll just stick to the advice on here, thanks. And yes welding is stronger than simply bolting something on, I am talking about hammer in sleeves that are a machined fit and support the tubing not only at the welded locations. And yes everyone I understand sleeves will not stop axle failure!!!! But I do think that they help, no they will not prevent a bend at the center section. But installing sleeves and gussets for around 230$ it's not a bad idea. I have sleeves and gussets on my rubi 44, had a hard hit on a rock and broke off 4 brackets and bent the rest. The axle itself was still straight as an arrow.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
My original statements were about the tubes splitting after hitting something. Most axles I've seen bent were all at the C. And no it's nothing like a bolt or trackbar bracket. In regards to tubing it is usually always stronger to have a compression fit opposed to rosette welds. But I guess after years of working on hydraulic cranes and heavy equipment I'll just stick to the advice on here, thanks. And yes welding is stronger than simply bolting something on, I am talking about hammer in sleeves that are a machined fit and support the tubing not only at the welded locations. And yes everyone I understand sleeves will not stop axle failure!!!! But I do think that they help, no they will not prevent a bend at the center section. But installing sleeves and gussets for around 230$ it's not a bad idea. I have sleeves and gussets on my rubi 44, had a hard hit on a rock and broke off 4 brackets and bent the rest. The axle itself was still straight as an arrow.

You think a "hammer in" sleeve is going to net a compression fit? ...I hope you are joking...

The pure nature of impacting the sleeve repetitively is going to cause bending moments throughout the sleeve and axle housing. And that is without even taking into consideration the human error effect considering you have a moron swinging a hammer on the end... but you're the expert. I guess all the hydraulic press manufactueres around the world have a lot to learn from your years of experience...

I for one, am not well versed in magic. I only focus on things like "facts" so my knowlege is "usually always" lacking here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom