Mud Grappler

Skid_Kid

thanks skid!

No problem! I had that pic on my phone, was going back and forth what to do. Lol. I do believe he is running spacers in that pic. Being you will have aftermarket wheels with backspacing, you should be fine.

As far as the noise. It is not that bad. All matters on the road though. I am in Oregon and it seems that every turn you make a different asphalt or concert compound is used lol. My two year old son loves the new noise, says it is like the airplanes.... Lmao!

NastyNate

No problem! I had that pic on my phone, was going back and forth what to do. Lol. I do believe he is running spacers in that pic. Being you will have aftermarket wheels with backspacing, you should be fine.

As far as the noise. It is not that bad. All matters on the road though. I am in Oregon and it seems that every turn you make a different asphalt or concert compound is used lol. My two year old son loves the new noise, says it is like the airplanes.... Lmao!

ok good yeah i was worried about my kids to and being able to hear and talk to them in the back seat

CarolinaJK

Personally the hum is not bad at all, even topless. These tires do get louder as the tread wears though. However it will never be extremely loud. Definitely go 35's! I have an auto with 3.73s and it's do-able. It's actually better than I expected. If you're going to spend $1000 on 33's, might as well spend the extra $300 and go 35's.

NastyNate

Personally the hum is not bad at all, even topless. These tires do get louder as the tread wears though. However it will never be extremely loud. Definitely go 35's! I have an auto with 3.73s and it's do-able. It's actually better than I expected. If you're going to spend $1000 on 33's, might as well spend the extra $300 and go 35's.

you just have the evo level and fender trim correct?

NastyNate

Yes, that is correct! However my rear still squats a little too much for my taste, so enforcer is in my future.

after looking at your photos i might stay with the stock wheels and run my spacers i really dig the grapplers on the factory willy wheels !

that would have to be horrible !
even with my 3.73's and rollin on 32's i find myself downshifting to 5th for hills
No, it IS horrible. Lol. Actually it doesnt bother me at all unless im on long interstate hills. Had my auto shift into 2nd once (on the interstate) on my way to Rausch Creek. Lmao. Its annoying sometimes, just has been "thousand dollar regear" annoying yet.

Edit: has not been

Last edited:

CarolinaJK

No, it IS horrible. Lol. Actually it doesnt bother me at all unless im on long interstate hills. Had my auto shift into 2nd once (on the interstate) on my way to Rausch Creek. Lmao. Its annoying sometimes, just has been "thousand dollar regear" annoying yet.

And this is why I still have 3.73s [emoji23] To the OP, by all means if you have the dough for new gears, do it!

xxJWPxx

Nice choice on the wheels. Like them a lot.

35's with 3.73 gears and manual isn't that bad. I ended up getting a Superchips programmer after a month, which got me back to the same response I had when I was running the Rubicon 32's.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Top Bottom