My Coil-Overs Are Too...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just got my evo bolt ons installed in front. Is it normal for the slider to make a zzzz noise when the shock is compressed? Only reason I'm asking is cuz one is doing it and the other isn't.

Yeah, it's pretty normal. You can try to rotate your coils so that where one ends the other begins and that can help. However, once you get flexing out on the trail, your coils can rotate again and rub along the housing again. There are sleeves you can buy to help mitigate this too.

GCM 2

I just got my evo bolt ons installed in front. Is it normal for the slider to make a zzzz noise when the shock is compressed? Only reason I'm asking is cuz one is doing it and the other isn't.

.........There are sleeves you can buy to help mitigate this too.

As Wayolife said above, there are better coilover suspension sliders. I believe King Shocks may now offer some, but one of the first kind out were made by AGM (All German Motorsports) Google search AGM Suspension Sliders if you are interested, however they are very pricey.

image-1498636122.jpg

ColeRedRubi

Yeah, it's pretty normal. You can try to rotate your coils so that where one ends the other begins and that can help. However, once you get flexing out on the trail, your coils can rotate again and rub along the housing again. There are sleeves you can buy to help mitigate this too.

Alright thanks guys the noise really doesn't bother me I just want to make sure nothing is being damaged.

Top Bottom