My JKUR Upgrades - what am I missing?

dchew

I see you ordered the bumpstops front and rear. The fronts were very straightforward. The rears are easy but I would suggest you find someone with a plasma cutter to make those frame cuts. It made what would have been a miserable torch/grind job a simple 1 minute cut. Even if you had to pay someone to bring one and just do that it would be worth it. The only remaining issue then becomes having the stomach to cut your frame almost in half! :eek:

Dave

Here are some photos:

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

dchew

Is there a good write up on installing the pro steer ball joints? Also, looking for a good write up on installing the front and rear JE Reel 1350 driveshafts.... I can't do the drive shaft install until I get the lift installed correct?

-Jason

That's correct. Well, not that you can't, but it would just be extra work and having the driveshaft out of the way helps too. I got the 1350 but it is not installed yet. The instructions look ok. Eddie has a write up for a Coast front, which is pretty close I think:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-coast-front-1310-drive-shaft-installation-write-up

Dave

jmeredith

Ugggh how long have people had to wait for EVO stuff to ship? I'm over a month now, kinda getting annoying... I can understand a week or two but dang!

-Jason

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Did you order straight from EVO and what did you order? I was told 2-3 weeks on my bumper and stinger. But I will pick it up.

jmeredith

Did you order straight from EVO and what did you order? I was told 2-3 weeks on my bumper and stinger. But I will pick it up.

I ordered from Northridge cause I did wheels, winch, and some other goodies and wanted the free shipping... I was told 2-3 weeks on the coil overs cause they came from King, but I'm going on week 7 and now I am getting told I have to order something else to make the front bump stops work... Honestly I was hoping for a little better experience... My excitement is waining

-J

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I ordered from Northridge cause I did wheels, winch, and some other goodies and wanted the free shipping... I was told 2-3 weeks on the coil overs cause they came from King, but I'm going on week 7 and now I am getting told I have to order something else to make the front bump stops work... Honestly I was hoping for a little better experience... My excitement is waining

-J

Did you call them and ask? I'm sure they could help you out better then we can but I can tell you that EVO is slammed and a lot of products are backordered. I knew that going in but you have to wait for quality sometimes. :thumb:

ANother member is waiting on his EVO bumper for over a month from Northridge as well. I will update when I get word that mine is ready for pickup.

jmeredith

Got my spare tire carrier in! Does anyone know what LED tail lights EVO is using? Looking for the 4" LED and the license plate light too.

-Jason

Attachments

• image-3203841764.jpg
    image-3203841764.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 136

Prime8

Got my spare tire carrier in! Does anyone know what LED tail lights EVO is using? Looking for the 4" LED and the license plate light too.

-Jason

Don't have the license plate one. Check the Genright site. They have lots of LEDs, including 4 inch tail lights. Get something with a reverse light in it! Not the ones that EVO uses...

dchew

Ive been watching your build and am interested as to why you chose these bump stops that you have to cut through the frame with vs the bolt on king bumps? Cost or quality difference? :thinking: This is low(late) on my list so I havent done much research yet

Sorry Striz I wasn't following this thread. It is a good question. The bolt on ones from EVO go in the front. These are for the back. I did not investigate bolt ons from anywhere else. If you want hydraulic stops, I would just recommend finding ones that go as high as possible so you don't have to lift the Jeep as much to get the rear off the stops. These go pretty high, but I still cut 1-1/4 inch off the bump stop extension. You gotta be careful about doing that though; you don't want to bottom out the shock before the bump stop.

Dave

jmeredith

Tire carrier, found a guy who did powder coating for $100 in under three hours!

Attachments

• image-219797291.jpg
    image-219797291.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 128
Top Bottom