My Mall Crawler Build

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
The load on the compressor wouldn't be any more than it is now, so I don't think there'd be any real difference.

I didn't get the air up/down tool with mine because I already have the ARB tool and gauge, however, that is a pretty neat add on and for the cost ($50) and I might try this at some point down the road. I wasn't able to reinstall my TPMS sensors in my beadlocks so I'll need to monitor the pressure manually when airing up. The part number I bought is the IJKP-19: 4-Tire Air System with Airlockers for JKU. Other parts required for mine were the ARB harness for sPod and 2 3/8" NPT brass plugs to seal off the solenoid manifold.

The reason I was asking is because there was similar system couple years ago by a different company. It allowed to deflate all tires all at once. I though that was pretty neat.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Always wondered about that kit after he came out with it.

I think that's what makes his product different. It is an entire kit, rather than just parts. Nothing required any modification on my end to work and his instruction manual complemented the one that came from ARB. He had clear pictures and directions that cut out any guess work on how to run the wiring. To me, that's one reason to go with his kit rather than piece something similar together myself.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I can agree with the instructions. I didnt think to just order his mount for my sub and went a different one....what a mistake that was. I might have to try this kit tho since its an upgrade for what I already have.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
One project I've been putting off, but I'm looking to fix now is my front Ox locker. When 4WP installed it, I didn't have a compressor at the time and they set it up to run off an electric solenoid. Well, the problem is the way they mounted the solenoid box to my frame rail causes the cable to run right next to my driver side coil spring. It's extremely stiff and is hard to run, and it likes to rest inside my coil. The minute I get full stuff on my driver side tire, the coil could snap down on the cable and cut it.

Now that the compressor problem is solved, I'm going to convert the electric solenoid setup over to an air cable. Ox makes it surprisingly easy in that regard to flip between different methods of activation.

Parts on order now include:

ARB replacement solenoid
Ox Off-road air activation system (attaches to the outside of the diff cover)
Crown heavy duty air line cable

This will clean up the mess and simplify the setup.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One project I've been putting off, but I'm looking to fix now is my front Ox locker. When 4WP installed it, I didn't have a compressor at the time and they set it up to run off an electric solenoid. Well, the problem is the way they mounted the solenoid box to my frame rail causes the cable to run right next to my driver side coil spring. It's extremely stiff and is hard to run, and it likes to rest inside my coil. The minute I get full stuff on my driver side tire, the coil could snap down on the cable and cut it.

Now that the compressor problem is solved, I'm going to convert the electric solenoid setup over to an air cable. Ox makes it surprisingly easy in that regard to flip between different methods of activation.

Parts on order now include:

ARB replacement solenoid
Ox Off-road air activation system (attaches to the outside of the diff cover)
Crown heavy duty air line cable

This will clean up the mess and simplify the setup.

Isn't the whole point of an OX to get away from air?

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Isn't the whole point of an OX to get away from air?

Haha, I'm not sure. When I fried my Rubi locker coming back from Rausch Creek, I would have preferred going ARB, but I just couldn't swing the $$$ at the time. I had to have a carrier and Ox was a cheaper option than going with a factory replacement.

I know they offer that manual lever too, but electric made more sense for me at the time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, I'm not sure. When I fried my Rubi locker coming back from Rausch Creek, I would have preferred going ARB, but I just couldn't swing the $$$ at the time. I had to have a carrier and Ox was a cheaper option than going with a factory replacement.

I know they offer that manual lever too, but electric made more sense for me at the time.

LOL!! Don't get me wrong, I just hadn't been following OX in a while. Way back in the day, their big selling point was that it didn't use air to actuate it.

fiend

Caught the Bug
LOL!! Don't get me wrong, I just hadn't been following OX in a while. Way back in the day, their big selling point was that it didn't use air to actuate it.

Last time I looked at OX they offered a manual (cable) system, an electric (solenoid) system, and an air system. The locker is the same for each and it is basically a mechanical system no matter what. It's just that you can operate the mechanical system remotely in any of the three ways, which can be changed without dismantling the locker/diff. That was a year or more ago. No don't know what they offer now.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Ordered up a set of Rancho RS9000 for the front axle to replace a broken shock on the passenger side. Any one who actually reads this post will get a kick out of the fact that I damaged it going over a speed bump in the parking lot at work. :thankyou: (Not the mall I know, but close enough)

Back story is that they installed some new speed bumps in the parking lot and hadn't painted or marked them yet. Since I didn't know they were there and they blended into the pavement so well, I ended up hitting one at roughly 15mph and I suppose because of my heavy wheels, it sent the passenger side up hard enough to push the shock up through the mounting point into the plastic of the battery box. Makes one heckuva noise any time I go over a bump so I'm carpooling with the wifey until the replacements come. I didn't get any sympathy from the facilities manager either so replacements are on my dime. :naw:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ordered up a set of Rancho RS9000 for the front axle to replace a broken shock on the passenger side. Any one who actually reads this post will get a kick out of the fact that I damaged it going over a speed bump in the parking lot at work. :thankyou: (Not the mall I know, but close enough)

Back story is that they installed some new speed bumps in the parking lot and hadn't painted or marked them yet. Since I didn't know they were there and they blended into the pavement so well, I ended up hitting one at roughly 15mph and I suppose because of my heavy wheels, it sent the passenger side up hard enough to push the shock up through the mounting point into the plastic of the battery box. Makes one heckuva noise any time I go over a bump so I'm carpooling with the wifey until the replacements come. I didn't get any sympathy from the facilities manager either so replacements are on my dime. :naw:

Such a mall rat

Ddays

Hooked

LOL, Does Jeep have a special badge for that parking lot? ;)

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Those are nice lights! I was checking them out at a show a couple weeks ago. How many are you mounting?

The kit I got came with 6 lights. I'm putting 2 on the bumper to shine in front of the tires, 2 behind each front tire and 2 in front of the rear tires. I may add 1 more in the middle under the rear bumper, but I may not need it. That would be more helpful as a camping light.

I'll post up some more pics of the mounting locations since I can't really find much online. Everyone puts them in the wheel wells because they're easy to mount, but that doesn't get much light on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom