My new to me EVO built rig

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Nice shot!

But i think that may have been a mistake... I let my daughter take my new 2015 for a drive when she was 16, that was pretty much the last time I drove it :cheesy:

I hear Rubicat is on the market ;)

Lol I’ve been concerned about that. He’s handles it good. Of course he grew up driving off road.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I’ve been MIA for a couple weeks but getting motivated to work on the old girl and thought I’d post a couple pictures.

Went wheeling down in Kentucky and a couple guys where really killing it on the steeps and in the rocks. So I was definitely in need and they sold me. IMG_5579.jpg IMG_5580.jpg IMG_5580.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ve been MIA for a couple weeks but getting motivated to work on the old girl and thought I’d post a couple pictures.

Went wheeling down in Kentucky and a couple guys where really killing it on the steeps and in the rocks. So I was definitely in need and they sold me. View attachment 350281 View attachment 350282 View attachment 350282

Interesting choice, how do the ride? Are they loud?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Interesting choice, how do the ride? Are they loud?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

They say they have good on road manners with not much noise. One of the guys had 20000 or so and they looked great. I will find out after I wrestle with these things and let you know in a couple days.

wjtstudios

Hooked
They say they have good on road manners with not much noise. One of the guys had 20000 or so and they looked great. I will find out after I wrestle with these things and let you know in a couple days.

Ahh, the joys of torquing bead lock bolts [emoji17]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
No shit!! I’m getting old, I’m doing over two days. New tire day helps though.

Those look nice! Gonna break them in out West?

The Trail Ready/40" STT Pro combo were a piece of cake compared to the Chamber Pro/Slab/37" STT Pro combo. That was miserable. C sidewalls vs E probably helped some, but I had each mounted up and torqued in 15-20 minutes. :crazyeyes:

Weebz

Caught the Bug
How are they weight wise? I like the looks of them myself but never really gave them a fair look. Did you go to Kentucky with Craig?

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Those look nice! Gonna break them in out West?

The Trail Ready/40" STT Pro combo were a piece of cake compared to the Chamber Pro/Slab/37" STT Pro combo. That was miserable. C sidewalls vs E probably helped some, but I had each mounted up and torqued in 15-20 minutes. :crazyeyes:

I know what you mean, my 37 we’re a lot harder, but there is know way in hell I could have them done in 15-20 minutes each. It probably took an hour to wire brush and paint anti-seize on 120 bolts for the ring.

Ddays

Hooked
I know what you mean, my 37 we’re a lot harder, but there is know way in hell I could have them done in 15-20 minutes each. It probably took an hour to wire brush and paint anti-seize on 120 bolts for the ring.

In fairness, I was installing the new 40 that replaced the out of round one I got so the wheel & bolts were already prepped. I was amazed when I got done how quick it was. Didn't have to chase the tire around the rim on the lock bead with screwdrivers either - went right in. IDK if its the wheels or the tires that make the difference but I was lovin it!

Top Bottom