Napalm's Billet Steel Vol. 2! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Pictury Diary.

Napalm

Looks like a really good deal on the accessory kit!

I don't miss the damn hail in Texas! Hope Steel survived unscathed.

Yeah, luckily it was pretty small hail and only for a couple of minutes. Now that the sun is out today I'll be able to better inspect, but it doesn't look like any noticeable damage. Unfortunately, my wife was in our home town that got more baseball sized hail. Looks like Cletus the Cherokee might be getting some love!

Nice score on the accessories!

Dang, that's a steal for the recovery gear.

Thanks guys! It's great to have great friends that see the last two winch kits on special and buy one for you! I was happy to pay $20 for this!

Here ya go! (Stolen from Bigcale on the Meme's thread)

View attachment 256905

Hah! That's awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Well, the biggest purchase in Steel's history went down yesterday! Not sure I'm even still okay with it, since I went way over budget, but what the heck. On the way we have:

- Rancho ROCKGear Tube doors
-SpiderWebShade Rancho door skins in Grey.

[emoji3]

Napalm

Congrats!!

Nice! Can't wait to see how they look.

Gonna look great man. Just hold off on other Jeep purchases for a while to make it up. Or go work for Uber.

Thanks guys! Yeah, luckily I didn't have much on the docket to purchase this year for Steel. That being said, I've been wanting half doors since last year but didn't think I'd have an opportunity to get nice high quality ones like the Rancho's. I'm very excited!

Napalm

One of my favorite things about my job, is that I have access to this oil change bay at one of the stations I work at. Keeps Steel in out of the sun and allows to get under her and check everything up close and personal. :)
IMG_2689.jpg
IMG_2690.jpg

Everything looks good. I did find some good scratches on my skids from my previous Barnwell trip that have rusted. So if time permits later today or next weekend, I'll get under it and get a coat of paint on them.

Romac2223

One of my favorite things about my job, is that I have access to this oil change bay at one of the stations I work at. Keeps Steel in out of the sun and allows to get under her and check everything up close and personal. :)
View attachment 257473
View attachment 257474

Everything looks good. I did find some good scratches on my skids from my previous Barnwell trip that have rusted. So if time permits later today or next weekend, I'll get under it and get a coat of paint on them.

Steel is looking good!![emoji106]

Napalm

Front doors - Check. :)
IMG_2695.jpg
The plan is to do a full install(front doors, rear doors, spiderwebskins) on Saturday afternoon. That being said, I just HAD to pull one of these out of the box and check it out.
IMG_2697.jpg
With one out, my anticipation got the better of me and I had to check one of these out on Steel. So, I pulled the front full door and put it on.
IMG_2704.jpg
Let me start out by saying - WOW! Without even installing them, I am already thrilled about these doors. The quality is absolutely top notch. It's as if you can tell these were made right here in America. They have a great finish on them, they have a nice solid heavy feel, and just look great. And I haven't even installed them yet!
Here is Steel with a sneak preview of yes - HALF DOORS :)
IMG_2705.jpg
IMG_2706.jpg

Once I get these installed, I'm not sure I'll ever run full doors again! Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but seriously these are awesome and so much cooler than traditional full doors!

tdougherty81

Front doors - Check. :)
View attachment 257924
The plan is to do a full install(front doors, rear doors, spiderwebskins) on Saturday afternoon. That being said, I just HAD to pull one of these out of the box and check it out.
View attachment 257925
With one out, my anticipation got the better of me and I had to check one of these out on Steel. So, I pulled the front full door and put it on.
View attachment 257927
Let me start out by saying - WOW! Without even installing them, I am already thrilled about these doors. The quality is absolutely top notch. It's as if you can tell these were made right here in America. They have a great finish on them, they have a nice solid heavy feel, and just look great. And I haven't even installed them yet!
Here is Steel with a sneak preview of yes - HALF DOORS :)
View attachment 257930
View attachment 257931

Once I get these installed, I'm not sure I'll ever run full doors again! Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but seriously these are awesome and so much cooler than traditional full doors!

Looks good!

Andy5160

Hooked
Top Bottom