Need an Adjustable Rear Track Bar Shorter than Factory

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Just read all of this, looks like the arm is over bent or designed piss poor. Even with the a trackbar off center or the rockstars causing to much flex it still should not hit.

I've never seen this issue before.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Just read all of this, looks like the arm is over bent or designed piss poor. Even with the a trackbar off center or the rockstars causing to much flex it still should not hit.

I've never seen this issue before.

Me neither, I can see it maybe got over bent and slipped past qc, but blaming too much droop is laughable.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
OP, I would put the factory uppers back on and see how it clears. That should give you a good idea on what's going on.

OP, I would put the factory uppers back on and see how it clears. That should give you a good idea on what's going on.

That's a good idea :thumb:

Also OP, your passenger rear brake line is not fully clamped into the bracket. The flat on the clip should go flush with the bracket when fully installed. Just lookin' out. :yup:

Cadima

Thanks for the feedback. I tossed the OEM arms a long time ago lol. I'll check my brake lines like you said. I did just raise the brackets up an inch so maybe I messed up.

Responding to earlier comments...
Yes, the driveshaft clearance is from stuff, not droop....but the trackbar length will be a balancing act between that and this right arm clearance.
Also, MC does not relocate the shock mounts unless you are using their 6 pack shocks. The specifically state NOT to use rock star skids with their lifts on their website. I knew this going in but figured I would just need to add a bit of bumpstop (which I did).

Finally, I havent any issues I notice while wheeling so I wouldnt have found this unless I was inspecting it on an RTI ramp. If you have the same arms and rock stars and the means to drive your passenger side up something and verify, I'd love to hear what you find.

As an fyi, when Im up on jack stands with the coils off, I can cycle the rear fully with no control arm interference. Seems like the opposing front corner needs to be loaded also to make this happen. Just weird.

olram30

Just throwing it out there. The evo rock stars have nothing to do with this. Mc sells the same shit, but without the skid.

Attachments

• 1435252808926.jpg
    1435252808926.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 1435252822288.jpg
    1435252822288.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 72

Cadima

Oops, I stand corrected. They aren't for their 6 pack shocks, they're selling these for short shocks only. you can see where they tell you not to use them with their long travel shocks.

olram30

Oops, I stand corrected. They aren't for their 6 pack shocks, they're selling these for short shocks only. you can see where they tell you not to use them with their long travel shocks.

Yes, because of the collapsed length of the shock. They would bottom out. That's why they say to use their upper relocation brackets in conjunction. Really, moving your lower shock mount has nothing to do with your issue. I'm going with piginajeep and thinking they are over bent and slipped past quality control. I would call and ask for replacement rear upper arms.

As I mentioned, I have MC arms and run EVO Rock-Stars without issue. I have 3.5" MC springs and Bilstein 5160 (25-187649) shocks that have 0.08" more travel than the OME NitroCharger shocks MC uses. I have the stock track bar and EVO TB bracket. I also have 1350 jointed shafts. At full stuff (on the trail) my yoke has touched my gas-tank (just enough to scratch the paint). But I do not have the arm to frame issue you have.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
As I mentioned, I have MC arms and run EVO Rock-Stars without issue. I have 3.5" MC springs and Bilstein 5160 (25-187649) shocks that have 0.08" more travel than the OME NitroCharger shocks MC uses. I have the stock track bar and EVO TB bracket. I also have 1350 jointed shafts. At full stuff (on the trail) my yoke has touched my gas-tank (just enough to scratch the paint). But I do not have the arm to frame issue you have.

The yoke on a 1350 hitting is normal btw.

My other suggestion is to flip arms, try them on opposite sides.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know what track bar relocation bracket you're running but it sounds to me like it's stupid tall and has over-corrected the position of your rear axle. If it were the correct height for the amount of lift you have, you wouldn't need a shorter then stock track bar.

Don't know what track bar relocation bracket you're running but it sounds to me like it's stupid tall and has over-corrected the position of your rear axle. If it were the correct height for the amount of lift you have, you wouldn't need a shorter then stock track bar.

Kind-of where I was going too. Remember the issues I had with the MC bracket?

Cadima

Kind-of where I was going too. Remember the issues I had with the MC bracket?

I am using the MC trackbar bracket. What issue did you have?

From my math, a shorter bracket would make this issue worse on the passenger side but help the driveshaft interference. Last night I looked and saw evidence that the opposite side also makes contact with the frame at the jamb nut but still havent flexed that side to confirm. There's just a small scribed line in the chassis next to the jamb nut. So the investigation continues, but I am stumped. I cant imagine any factory variation in the jeep that would make mine worse than anyone else. It looks to me like there just isn't enough clearance between the jam nuts and frame to accommodate flex. I know you others are telling me you have no issues but I cant help but to think that you might if you check both sides on a ramp.

Meanwhile, another jeeper in the club has these arms so I will try and check his out to see if the arms look to be bent different or have more room between the jamb nut and frame as ride height.

As for MC, they are of the position that my issue is the EVO coil overs up front are too soft to load the rear coils enough, and that the rock star skids have allowed for too much droop. I'm not buying it.

olram30

From my math, a shorter bracket would make this issue worse on the passenger side but help the driveshaft interference. Last night I looked and saw evidence that the opposite side also makes contact with the frame at the jamb nut but still havent flexed that side to confirm. There's just a small scribed line in the chassis next to the jamb nut. So the investigation continues, but I am stumped. I cant imagine any factory variation in the jeep that would make mine worse than anyone else. It looks to me like there just isn't enough clearance between the jam nuts and frame to accommodate flex. I know you others are telling me you have no issues but I cant help but to think that you might if you check both sides on a ramp.

Meanwhile, another jeeper in the club has these arms so I will try and check his out to see if the arms look to be bent different or have more room between the jamb nut and frame as ride height.

As for MC, they are of the position that my issue is the EVO coil overs up front are too soft to load the rear coils enough, and that the rock star skids have allowed for too much droop. I'm not buying it.

That's odd they would say that, lot of people use coil overs, rock stars and factory arms without issues. Sounds like they are sticking to their story on their arms cannot handle too much droop.

You can read about it here -> http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15777-Please-help-troubleshoot-odd-handling-after-lift

With the bracket mount high the bar is parallel and pushes the axle to the driver's side more than if it were at a slight angle (like stock).

As I have said several times, I have carried all four of my tires at one time or another and have no issue with the frame to arm clearance.

I really can't see how something in the front would cause this.. I will say that the rear coil rate of the MC coils makes it extremely difficult to stuff fully. Even when carrying a front tire I have to be nosed up fairly high and put a bunch of weight on the rear to do it.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
What good are control arm joints that don't limit your flex, if you flex to much with the additional travel from a raised shock mount ??

What good are control arm joints that don't limit your flex, if you flex to much with the additional travel from a raised shock mount ??

bullshit.jpg

Cadima

Exactly my thoughts. But if you guys dont have the issue, then something must be wrong with my build and not the arms. FWIW, I have the front trackbar raised also and have no weird handling issues at all. But if I am hitting jamb nuts on both sides than a lower relocation bracket would help one side but make the opposite side worse, right?

Top Bottom