Need clarification (not to step on any toes)

Robar

The Enforcer
I was thumbing through a section and came across a post that I took as a member being a jack-butt to a new guy. Ya he made a post in the wrong section first but there is a correct way of going about "helping" someone. That's my problem with it.
Feel free to start you own forum and you can run it how ever you want. Thousands of others have done just that on just about any topic you can think of.

shadow21

If you don't like it then go back to your local jeep clubs site since you seem to like it there more

I gave a solution to the problem that happens here every day. Just so happens we had the same issue on the local forums and it helped contain it. So I offered it up as a suggestion. So calm down keyboard hero.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Look, it's not all about post count…there are other ways...., Barstow, Holiday Inn Express, room 226, 8:35pm, Saturday, August 16. four knocks on the door (the first two soft, second two hard) a person will ask "who is there", you will respond with "I'm here to talk with my Uncle Larry about his 1970 El Camino"

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I gave a solution to the problem that happens here every day. Just so happens we had the same issue on the local forums and it helped contain it. So I offered it up as a suggestion. So calm down keyboard hero.

Any other complaints while you're at it?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Like we said if you don't the way it's run here then no one is asking you to stay dude. You can go back to your local forum or start up your own and run it the way you want

shadow21

Like we said if you don't the way it's run here then no one is asking you to stay dude. You can go back to your local forum or start up your own and run it the way you want

Like I said your a key board hero. I didn't say anything about my local site being better run or anything. Simply gave a option to get rid of the rift raft from the start. I fail to see how that's a bad thing

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
...Simply gave a option to get rid of the rift raft from the start. I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

Perfect, your opinion regarding this matter has been heard. I've thought about it and have chosen to not change a thing. Can we move on now? :idontknow:

noroad

Like I said your a key board hero. I didn't say anything about my local site being better run or anything. Simply gave a option to get rid of the rift raft from the start. I fail to see how that's a bad thing

Key board hero thats funny! Not for nothing but i have not seen it talked about yet, When i first joined and so did my friends we got a nice pm from Wayalife asking us to take the time to say hi! so to hit back to the OP, it is in the rules of respect as you just joined his forum and he asked you to give a wave!

Just saying!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Key board hero thats funny! Not for nothing but i have not seen it talked about yet, When i first joined and so did my friends we got a nice pm from Wayalife asking us to take the time to say hi! so to hit back to the OP, it is in the rules of respect as you just joined his forum and he asked you to give a wave!

Just saying!

Funny you should say as much but, I'd like to note that Cindy and I personally approve EVERY SINGLE MEMBER here and, I try my hardest to personally welcome as many of them as possible by PM. More times than not, these new members will take the time to respond back to me and at that time, I always ask that they say hello in the "Give us a wave" sub-forum. To this day, I don't know if a single one of these first time posters who've only come on here to sell their stuff has EVER responded to my welcome PM. I wonder why.

noroad

Funny you should say as much but, I'd like to note that Cindy and I personally approve EVERY SINGLE MEMBER here and, I try my hardest to personally welcome as many of them as possible by PM. More times than not, these new members will take the time to respond back to me and at that time, I always ask that they say hello in the "Give us a wave" sub-forum. To this day, I don't know if a single one of these first time posters who've only come on here to sell their stuff has EVER responded to my welcome PM. I wonder why.

I figured that was how things worked, as everyone i know got a message from you and even pm'ed you back! so as far as it goes for me its a rule of respect if you and cindy take the time to say hi then people should be saying it back!

shadow21

Just saying!

Right on I don't remember getting that Pm but it was over two years ago that I joined. I don't post a lot mostly use the site to read and learn.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

Not too mention you send a nice message to people on their birthdays. And I know for a fact you take time to read everyone of the responses.

lmaya

I'm one of the guys you all are bashing for posting their first post in sell area and I didn't do it to use the forum as a craigslist. I just had something to sell....

StrizzyChris

To be perfectly honest I don't actually know anyone on this forum. Also I should say I don't trust anyone on any forum (unless I've physically met them) regardless if you have 1 post of 1million post.

Once you are on here for a while (or active to the level that the majority of us that you are "debating with") you will develop a lot of trust with many of us. There's easily 50-100 people on here that I'd easily send money to for a part and trust to not be ripped off!

Just trying to speak for your new guys. Being they can't say anything back without being stepped on I figured I'd say something for them.

There have literally been thousands of new guys on here....and the only ones that have needed rule reorientation "stepped on" AND couldn't handle that has been very few. I would suggest that that small ratio is consistent with the ratio of complete assholes to average and good guys in the world. Is it possible you are "saying something" for complete asshats?

Why do we give a shit about this guys opinion again ?

Any other complaints while you're at it?

:cheesy:

GCM 2

Actually, this doesn't happen here everyday :thinking: It seems there are thousands of members here who work within limits of the owner of this forum's rules everyday with zero problems. You provided a solution that was not needed :doh:

Look, it's not all about post count…there are other ways...., Barstow, Holiday Inn Express, room 226, 8:35pm, Saturday, August 16. four knocks on the door (the first two soft, second two hard) a person will ask "who is there", you will respond with "I'm here to talk with my Uncle Larry about his 1970 El Camino"

This first time is always the most uncomfortable........

noroad

Right on I don't remember getting that Pm but it was over two years ago that I joined. I don't post a lot mostly use the site to read and learn.

Not trying to make this a big thing was just saying and maybe it should be left to the rude people to defend their own actions in the future!

Not too mention you send a nice message to people on their birthdays. And I know for a fact you take time to read everyone of the responses.

Awww i didnt get a happy birthday lol :dont_know: hahaha

GCM 2

I'm one of the guys you all are bashing for posting their first post in sell area and I didn't do it to use the forum as a craigslist. I just had something to sell....

So in your own words, you just came to the site to sell something. :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I figured that was how things worked, as everyone i know got a message from you and even pm'ed you back! so as far as it goes for me its a rule of respect if you and cindy take the time to say hi then people should be saying it back!

Well, I for one appreciate it. Thank you.

In all fairness, I did say that I "try" to send out welcome PM's to everyone that we approve and I wasn't as diligent back then as I am now. I try really hard now and would say that I send out a personal welcome to 99% of everyone we approve.

Top Bottom