New Cooper Discoverer STT Pros for Renny!

fincher

I've had them for a couple months as well and I've been really happy with them. Looking forward to hearing how they work for Renny.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, with Christmas behind us, I finally got a chance to get back in the garage and finished installing our new Daystar lift on Renny! Here are a few teaser shots with his new wheels and Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires installed.

DSC07973.jpg

DSC07981.jpg

DSC07984.jpg

And, here's a shot of us on our maiden run up into the hills to do some snow wheeling.

DSC08082.jpg

Being that this thread is more about the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires than anything, I will give you my first impressions about them.

1. These tires look outstanding!
2. They are significantly louder than the street tires that came from the factory but then, they were street tires and these are very aggressive MT's. I should note that they are the loudest at about 40 MPH and get quitter the faster we drove.
3. They perform AMAZINGLY well in the snow and on icy roads!! Granted, a part of the great handling is most likely from the ESP system on the Renegade but no lie, I was tearing across icy roads tonight and these tires just wanted to grip and stop way better and faster than any MT I have run to date.
4. The ride is without question firmer but then, they are Range E tires and have MUCH thicker sidewalls.

I'll have to report on these tires after we've had more time to test them out but so far, I really like them a lot.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Okay, with Christmas behind us, I finally got a chance to get back in the garage and finished installing our new Daystar lift on Renny! Here are a few teaser shots with his new wheels and Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires installed.

View attachment 179637

View attachment 179638

View attachment 179639

And, here's a shot of us on our maiden run up into the hills to do some snow wheeling.

View attachment 179640

Being that this thread is more about the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires than anything, I will give you my first impressions about them.

1. These tires look outstanding!
2. They are significantly louder than the street tires that came from the factory but then, they were street tires and these are very aggressive MT's. I should note that they are the loudest at about 40 MPH and get quitter the faster we drove.
3. They perform AMAZINGLY well in the snow and on icy roads!! Granted, a part of the great handling is most likely from the ESP system on the Renegade but no lie, I was tearing across icy roads tonight and these tires just wanted to grip and stop way better and faster than any MT I have run to date.
4. The ride is without question firmer but then, they are Range E tires and have MUCH thicker sidewalls.

I'll have to report on these tires after we've had more time to test them out but so far, I really like them a lot.

1st off Renny looks amazing with the new look
2nd I love the review on the Coopers Eddie they have become one of my favorites and I can't to see more testing on these tires Eddie congrats on Renny's new look and performance

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
That's looks great! Congrats on another great rig. Renny is the first I have seen lifted and to me looks like the perfect rig for any type of exploring just shy of the serious stuff. Outstanding job! Now I want one!

Edit: curious, did you regear for he larger tire or is it a small enough difference that you can compensate with programming? Curious how much the larger tire affected the way it drives, if at all.

JAGS

Hooked
No before and after side by side shots. Adam was right, you're slacking. Lol. [emoji6]

Renny is looking great. Looks like a lot of fun in your future! [emoji106][emoji41]

Dopey84

Looks good the wife is really contemplating getting the renegade... Just curious with tires and lift how much lift did you gain?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I'm curious Eddie, with all the other options you have, why didn't you want to keep one vehicle street quiet and everything? I mean obviously for wheeling you have better options, seems like it was nice that you had a nice comfy daily errand cruiser. Just curious. Having said that, looks absolutely bad ass.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm curious Eddie, with all the other options you have, why didn't you want to keep one vehicle street quiet and everything? I mean obviously for wheeling you have better options, seems like it was nice that you had a nice comfy daily errand cruiser. Just curious. Having said that, looks absolutely bad ass.

Lol........

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Where's the fun in that?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Just put a set of STT Pro's on my brother-in-laws JK yesterday. He likes them so far, of course he's only got about 100 miles on them so far. Definitely gonna be my next set :thumb:

Top Bottom