New Cooper STT PRO's!!!

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
I still have my stock BFG TA Mud-Terrain 265/70R17 and my TPS light is going off. I have them set to 43 psi. I will try to drop them down to 37 to see if it helps. Please let us know how it goes. I am also looking at the 295/70R17E tires. I use my mine as a daily driver in addition to some long excursions to State and Federal Parks throughout Florida and the Everglades.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You can get an AEV Procal (or equivalent) to change the set point for the TPMS alarm light.

Brute

Hooked
I still have my stock BFG TA Mud-Terrain 265/70R17 and my TPS light is going off. I have them set to 43 psi. I will try to drop them down to 37 to see if it helps. Please let us know how it goes. I am also looking at the 295/70R17E tires. I use my mine as a daily driver in addition to some long excursions to State and Federal Parks throughout Florida and the Everglades.

Sounds like your psi is too high for Bfg MT's...I have 35x12.50x17's Bfg KM 2's on my 4door anvil and run 32 psi in the front & 30 psi in the rear...I have a 5.7 hemi, twin batteries up front and a 50qt arb fridge in the back...rides well at those psi

Lloydsmale

Do you have a picture of them on your jeep. I'm torn between 295 70 17 pros or 305 70 27 ridge grapplers. Id rather the pro but wish they were made in 34 inch.
They are the E rated 295/70/17
And they are still at some crazy 45psi that doscount tire set them to I haven't bothered to drop them down yet. They are a bit stiff on a light 2dr some bumps are a bit harsh but again I think it has a lot to do with the psi. Other than that they ride great and ballanced very well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Do you have a picture of them on your jeep. I'm torn between 295 70 17 pros or 305 70 27 ridge grapplers. Id rather the pro but wish they were made in 34 inch.

Cooper makes a 315/70r17 which is 34.4 off the jeep. With weight on it, I think it's about 33.25. Check out our true tire size thread to confirm.

Lloydsmale

kind of drew a line in the sand at 305s. I'm 60 and I don't want it to high to crawl in and out of. I'm conserned with any larger tire with the 373s I have and don't want to regear, and want something that will fit on the spare carrier without having to buy a bumper/tire carrier
Cooper makes a 315/70r17 which is 34.4 off the jeep. With weight on it, I think it's about 33.25. Check out our true tire size thread to confirm.

WJCO

Meme King
kind of drew a line in the sand at 305s. I'm 60 and I don't want it to high to crawl in and out of. I'm conserned with any larger tire with the 373s I have and don't want to regear, and want something that will fit on the spare carrier without having to buy a bumper/tire carrier

I have the 295 STTs on my WJ for that same reason of compromise. Good luck.

5280Sapper

I already want bigger ones!!! they do quite fine in the snow so far.... granted nothing likes to stop well in snow but cruising down 83 they do just fine.

WJCO

Meme King
lift? pictures?

This is a 4 inch lift with the 295s. It's just high enough to still have a LCOG look and feel.

DSC03691.JPG

whoknows.jpg

I already want bigger ones!!! they do quite fine in the snow so far.... granted nothing likes to stop well in snow but cruising down 83 they do just fine.

I got to play in the snow a little with these as well. I was very impressed with stopping harshly even on some really packed snow. As far as traction taking off or climbing, so-so. I wouldn't say they're superb, but definitely better than my old BFG MTs.

Lloydsmale

good looking wagon you have there
This is a 4 inch lift with the 295s. It's just high enough to still have a LCOG look and feel.

View attachment 233991

View attachment 233992

I got to play in the snow a little with these as well. I was very impressed with stopping harshly even on some really packed snow. As far as traction taking off or climbing, so-so. I wouldn't say they're superb, but definitely better than my old BFG MTs.

Top Bottom