New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

LasVegasJK

Well after seeing a gen right carrier in person, I was pretty jealous. It so slick looking with a smaller 35-37" tire. But then I have to remind myself that I'm CONSTANTLY in the back of the jeep with the ARB fridge and having kids. Pulling 2 pins and opening the gate would get on my nerves after a while (I think). The antenna mount is built in and I just bolted on the hi-lift mount and it's really nice. I just hope the 2, 5/16" bolts hold that thing on!
Basically the same reasons I didn't go with the bigger carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Well after seeing a gen right carrier in person, I was pretty jealous. It so slick looking with a smaller 35-37" tire. But then I have to remind myself that I'm CONSTANTLY in the back of the jeep with the ARB fridge and having kids. Pulling 2 pins and opening the gate would get on my nerves after a while (I think). The antenna mount is built in and I just bolted on the hi-lift mount and it's really nice. I just hope the 2, 5/16" bolts hold that thing on!

Thanks for the input. There are still things to consider befor I go for either one.

gmb425

^^^ I am in the same boat. Considering the amount of times I am in and out of the back of the Jeep... this looks appealing.

GRBG TRK http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?38800-Garbage-Truck-(GRBG-TRK)

PHX JK

I bought my EVO tire carrier about 2 weeks ago, been too busy to take the time to put it on,
I bought a Cobra 29 and 18ft of Coax, routed the Coax already and am gonna use the mount on the Tire Carrier for my Antenna
I suppose it would be smart to scrape away the powder coat in the mounting surfaces of the Antenna Stud, will I have do do anything else to
ground the Carrier to the Jeep or will the mounting bolts do this provided the paint and the bolts are prepped of will I have to run a ground strap?
I also have stock wheels so I assume I will need a wheel Spacer to make this thing work with my 35in Nittos.
It's part of the reason I haven't mounted it yet along with forgetting to take home my long t50 torx socket.
PHX

jeeeep

Hooked

this is why I still have the AEV, I'd like to replace it with something else, been eyeing the EVO but the AEV is working and one hand opening is nice

zimm

Caught the Bug
I bought my EVO tire carrier about 2 weeks ago, been too busy to take the time to put it on,
I bought a Cobra 29 and 18ft of Coax, routed the Coax already and am gonna use the mount on the Tire Carrier for my Antenna
I suppose it would be smart to scrape away the powder coat in the mounting surfaces of the Antenna Stud, will I have do do anything else to
ground the Carrier to the Jeep or will the mounting bolts do this provided the paint and the bolts are prepped of will I have to run a ground strap?
I also have stock wheels so I assume I will need a wheel Spacer to make this thing work with my 35in Nittos.
It's part of the reason I haven't mounted it yet along with forgetting to take home my long t50 torx socket.
PHX

Yes I mentioned before, the tailgate isn't grounded. You'll need to scrape powder coat off the stud mount and also a mounting bolt, hole and run a ground wire. Use a continuity tester to verify the stud is grounded. I checked it against the ground pin on the trailer harness plug.

LasVegasJK

So, I've tried getting the tailgate adjusted with the recommended procedure in the directions. I'm failing to get it adjusted properly. What is a good method for alignment?

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I actually just wedged the rubber spare tire isolator (the one that has to come off to install this type of hinge) under the gate to keep it held up while tightening everything down. It worked perfectly. Once all 3 Torx bolts were tightened down on the mount everything lined up pretty good. It helps if you have the body mounts pretty close to proper alignment to begin with. I had to purchase a long T50 torx bit to get that outer bolt tight. Until then I had a noticeable droop, not bad but definitely noticeable.

Last edited:

JKUx

Did mine last night! IMG_8768.jpg IMG_8770.jpg pictures are before final alignment but man this thing is solid and no rattles after driving this morning!! Holds my 37 with no problems!

MacRubi2

Installed mine yesterday....

Straight forward install but just like others have said having a long T50 makes the job much easier.

This is one heavy duty tire carrier 😎

Paws

I read through all posts and searched for the answer to my question. Instructions do not mention it either.

Can you mount 8x6.5 bolt pattern up to this? Seems like most everyone is mounting 5x5.

I ordered ATX slabs with 37s for my DTHC 60 Axels and would love to run this carrier.

Top Bottom