New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I read through all posts and searched for the answer to my question. Instructions do not mention it either.

Can you mount 8x6.5 bolt pattern up to this? Seems like most everyone is mounting 5x5.

I ordered ATX slabs with 37s for my DTHC 60 Axels and would love to run this carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't know for sure but looking at pics, I'm gonna say no. It looks like it has just two different bolt patterns, both are a set of three. One set with two lugs on top and one on bottom and the other set flipped with two on bottom and one on top. The set that has two on bottom is probably a 5 on 5.5 pattern. Again, this is all speculation. I don't have any experience with it.

Benito

Caught the Bug
I read through all posts and searched for the answer to my question. Instructions do not mention it either.

Can you mount 8x6.5 bolt pattern up to this? Seems like most everyone is mounting 5x5.

I ordered ATX slabs with 37s for my DTHC 60 Axels and would love to run this carrier.

Yes, it comes with bolts in the 5x5 bolt pattern, but has holes for 8x6.5. You will have to cut the tack welds holding the bolts in the holes, and install in the other holes, I'm going to try to see if I can press wheel studs instead though. Mine only had those two options. The rotopax attachment has additional holes

Benito

Caught the Bug
I don't know for sure but looking at pics, I'm gonna say no. It looks like it has just two different bolt patterns, both are a set of three. One set with two lugs on top and one on bottom and the other set flipped with two on bottom and one on top. The set that has two on bottom is probably a 5 on 5.5 pattern. Again, this is all speculation. I don't have any experience with it.

You are right about the two sets of holes. The other set is for 8x6.5. Called EVO MFG to ask and verified once I received it.

aTX427

Without going through 29 pages, has anyone tried welding a 1" threaded bar of sort to accommodate whatever lug pattern you want? I was thinking about this, because there the carrier does not have an even spot to rest on the driver side and when you tighten down the lugs, the tire twists making it difficult to remove the passenger side lug nut.

Paws

Without going through 29 pages, has anyone tried welding a 1" threaded bar of sort to accommodate whatever lug pattern you want? I was thinking about this, because there the carrier does not have an even spot to rest on the driver side and when you tighten down the lugs, the tire twists making it difficult to remove the passenger side lug nut.

Do you have a drawing for the bar you are talking about? Having a hard time picturing it.

As for the attachment, for the 5x5 pattern should have 1 stud up top and 2 on the bottom. If you go 8x6.5, you should have 2 studs up to and 1 at the bottom.

Looking closer, I can only assume that the two square holes in the plate are to fit the tabs on the piece that is welded. Helps in lining up before welding.

IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg

aTX427

I was thinking about welding something on similar to how OR-Fab does their tire carrier. I had one on my TJ and it has a lock bar that you can rest the wheel hub on and a 1" female threaded tube that you screw the handle into. I didn't bomb the desert, but it seemed pretty secure and would work with any wheel lug configuration.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 8.58.06 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Jackal01

Do you have a drawing for the bar you are talking about? Having a hard time picturing it.

Screenshot_20170717-205716%7E2.jpg

I assume similar to PSC. The rod is welded to the carrier. The wheel is placed over the rod, then a rubber alignment cone is pressed against the wheel then the "wing nut" is tightened against the cone thus centering the wheel bore on the rod.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Just installed this carrier on my sons jeep 2016 JKU. Running 35s with Wheels that have 4.5 b/s.
First, Evo has significantly improved their packaging. The box was heavy duty, no peanuts. Probably the best jeep parts packaging I've experienced.
Second, either just got lucky or Evo have refined the parts and fit. Every single part fit perfectly. There were extra bolts included in case.
Third, was able to rerun the cb antenna mount, but agree that with just a few tweaks it would be better. For example mounting hole section sit a little higher 1 " and a little closer to tailgate(1/4-3/8").

Drove it after, so far rock solid, no noise or vibration.

I wish I read these posts before, as I would have added either silicone or rtf where the carrier mounts to tailgate, as mentioned in prior posts.

I like it's fit, finish, and design so much that I'm thinking about changing the carrier I have had on my 2010 jku, with 37 and ATx slabs.

I think it's a winner.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermotor

Glad to hear on the packaging. Mine showed up so banged up from shipping that one of the hinge holes was severely dented in and jacked up. Wasn't going to wait for a new one so I heated it up and beat the shit out of it till it was more round again. That took a while.

IMG_9743.JPG

IMG_9748.JPG

IMG_9744.JPG

JAGS

Hooked
Just installed this carrier on my sons jeep 2016 JKU. Running 35s with Wheels that have 4.5 b/s.
First, Evo has significantly improved their packaging. The box was heavy duty, no peanuts. Probably the best jeep parts packaging I've experienced.
Second, either just got lucky or Evo have refined the parts and fit. Every single part fit perfectly. There were extra bolts included in case.
Third, was able to rerun the cb antenna mount, but agree that with just a few tweaks it would be better. For example mounting hole section sit a little higher 1 " and a little closer to tailgate(1/4-3/8").

Drove it after, so far rock solid, no noise or vibration.

I wish I read these posts before, as I would have added either silicone or rtf where the carrier mounts to tailgate, as mentioned in prior posts.

I like it's fit, finish, and design so much that I'm thinking about changing the carrier I have had on my 2010 jku, with 37 and ATx slabs.

I think it's a winner.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good to hear! Sons Jeep is getting some nice ad ons. [emoji106]

I'm waiting till the JL comes out, and then hoping EVO will tweak this for the new model.

Paws

Part 4 in the instructions say to remove the door catch, why is this necessary?

They will state later to install their adapter hinges. Doing this might also prevent bending it if your door slides off.

There are reports that their adapter is not needed. I didn't require them and installed it yesterday.

I am running 3.5 back space so there wasn't much of the tire hitting the carrier when mounted. While it's not bouncing around yet, I do wonder what others have done to eliminate the bouncing I don't notice.

Install was smooth though!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Carrier is on and is rock solid. But my tailgate is tough to open and close, also the top part of the tailgate is pulled away fro the body and the bottom portion is pulled in towards the body. Guess I have to get back in there and try to straighten it out. Not really sure how though.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Carrier is on and is rock solid. But my tailgate is tough to open and close, also the top part of the tailgate is pulled away fro the body and the bottom portion is pulled in towards the body. Guess I have to get back in there and try to straighten it out. Not really sure how though.

Did you put one spacer on the top and two on the bottom?

Top Bottom