New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

Paws

Carrier is on and is rock solid. But my tailgate is tough to open and close, also the top part of the tailgate is pulled away fro the body and the bottom portion is pulled in towards the body. Guess I have to get back in there and try to straighten it out. Not really sure how though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Is it hard to close with or without the tire on, or both.

Mine has a slight inward set on the bottom left.

Image1500774798.648975.jpg Image1500774836.586214.jpg

aTX427

Part 4 in the instructions say to remove the door catch, why is this necessary?

The door catch on the tailgate? You should not need to. As a matter of fact, I recall the instructions having you remove the hinges and it said to specifically not open the tailgate while the bolts are out. My guess it screws up the hinge alignment and takes more time to install.

aTX427

Mess around with the alignment. I didn't remove the latch or door when I installed mine and have no issuea. Make sure you check that you have the correct spacers, then close the tailgate and loosen the hinge hardware enough that you can shift the alignment. Home depot sells wood shims if you don't have anything comparable to shim the tailgate on both sides and the bottom before tightening the bolts back back up. Harbor freight sells cheap extended reach torx sockets if you don't have them either.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I don't know i think I'll just leave it like this for now and see if the hinges loosen up. I may just be overly critical right now. IMG_0850.JPG IMG_0851.JPG

Let me know if you think this looks out of reason. Thanks all for the prior feedback.

woof359

sheet metal

it still comes down to the sheet metal and how thick the quarter panel is, some brackets inside the quarters help but I would think hanging a 40 incher, Gerry cans and a jack cant be good over rough trails

GreggNY

Just put mine on yesterday with the factory rubi wheel and a spacer until my 37s are on. Is anyone doing anything with the open hole behind the carrier where the rubber tire stop used to be? I'm going to look for plugs for the driver's side one as well as the 3rd brake light but not sure if the passenger side hole behind the carrier is a concern to be left open

MTG

Caught the Bug
Just put mine on yesterday with the factory rubi wheel and a spacer until my 37s are on. Is anyone doing anything with the open hole behind the carrier where the rubber tire stop used to be? I'm going to look for plugs for the driver's side one as well as the 3rd brake light but not sure if the passenger side hole behind the carrier is a concern to be left open

Vector off-road sells "ufo's" that fill the holes.

Edit: https://vectoroffroad.com/products/ufos-tailgate

zimm

Caught the Bug
A new development. When hitting speed bumps, I was getting a loud "whump" in the back of the jeep. I checked damned near everything and couldn't find it. Turns out it's the tire carrier. It looks like the hinges settled into the bushings enough to give about 1/8" of up travel. So when hitting a bump, the whole carrier hops up and slams down. I found some bronze washers from mcmaster-carr to take up the slack, and all is good again.

View attachment 273169

View attachment 273170

View attachment 273171

kingsize

A new development. When hitting speed bumps, I was getting a loud "whump" in the back of the jeep. I checked damned near everything and couldn't find it. Turns out it's the tire carrier. It looks like the hinges settled into the bushings enough to give about 1/8" of up travel. So when hitting a bump, the whole carrier hops up and slams down. I found some bronze washers from mcmaster-carr to take up the slack, and all is good again.

View attachment 273169

View attachment 273170

View attachment 273171

Looks like you solved the issue. We'd be happy to send you some new hinge brackets. Feel free to email us direct at sales@evomfg.com

Robert @ EVO MFG.

Top Bottom