New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

zimm

Caught the Bug
Very nice! Looks like the carrier has to come off to install. I'll file this away under "someday" mods. With the hi-lift mount on, the JW speaker plastic tail light is my stop :hmm:

tdougherty81

So I know we have all dealt with the factory evo trail gate bump stop.

Just recently, evo manf offroad posted on their Facebook page about the year long review on their carrier with 40's(spicy chicken).

I could have swore I thought I saw bicycle brake pads being used as bump stop, so I asked the question. It didn't get answered for some reason.

I also went out and bought it too.

Get the pads at your local Wal-Mart. They carry the bell brand.

I had to drill out the hinge middle hole just a tad bit to 1/4"

Cut of a little off the edge of the brake pad so that it will fit inside the hinge. The pad itself is very durable and metal enforced inside it.

Well, it works like a charm. . Felt it should have came with it from evo.

Nice! I think that will work great. Think I'll try that this weekend, mine are about shot.

kingsize

So I know we have all dealt with the factory evo trail gate bump stop.

Just recently, evo manf offroad posted on their Facebook page about the year long review on their carrier with 40's(spicy chicken).

I could have swore I thought I saw bicycle brake pads being used as bump stop, so I asked the question. It didn't get answered for some reason.

I also went out and bought it too.

Get the pads at your local Wal-Mart. They carry the bell brand.

I had to drill out the hinge middle hole just a tad bit to 1/4"

Cut of a little off the edge of the brake pad so that it will fit inside the hinge. The pad itself is very durable and metal enforced inside it.

Well, it works like a charm. . Felt it should have came with it from evo.

That's pretty much what we are testing on Spicy Chicken. Unlike other MFG's, we like to test the products on our own vehicles before we release them to the pubic. :thumb:

If ever you don't get a reply on facebook or instagram, feel free to call us direct. We're in the office answering calls from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday pacific time.

Thanks,
Robert @ EVO MFG.
714-879-8913 - EVO Office

gsrious

Thanks Rob. You guys are top notch. If I could, I'd be an evolution ambassador

Just glad now that the stop works well

zimm

Caught the Bug
Who's going to start a thread on the best bike brake shoe compound for the tire carrier? I want minimal dust, maximum stoppage.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Brake pads installed. I had to angle the hole and make it 1 size bigger than 1/4" to get the pads in without removing the carrier. I also cut 1/4" off the threaded stud so it would work without the cone washers on the inside. The Bell walmart pads were too long, so I hacksawed off the lower chunk. Normal sized pads should work better.

View attachment 281691

Jmo

No, you shouldn't have to take off the rotopax mount, there is just enough space between the mounting plate and the small plate that the bolt applies pressure to to get a wrench (ratcheting wrench would probably work best) over the bolt head and another wrench on the lock nut to loosen it and take off the mount with only having to remove the rotopax. I just installed a 4gal rotopax with a single center mount, I didn't understand the purpose of using the long bolt so I just used the single bolt through the top. With the Chamber Pro II wheels the mount is sticking out all the way and the long bolt would just let the mount fall forward and not rest on top of the stud. With this mount I suspect that if you cause damage to the tailgate you will have to cause damage to the body first. All the weight is on the mount, including the weight of the tailgate.

Here is a 40" Nitto on Chamber pro II (140lbs) with a 4gal rotopax that I installed yesterday. The roto pax mount isn't holding much of the weight of the rotopax but it is applying force to the rotopax against the tire to support the weight of the rotopax. Much like the way the sliding part of tire carrier where the wheel attaches isn't holding much of the weight of the tire but allows you to tighten the wheel against the rest of the carrier for support.

View attachment 276127

How is the hinges holding up with the 40”?

Benito

Caught the Bug
How is the hinges holding up with the 40”?

It was holding the tire just fine, just don’t drag ass!

IMG_4591.jpg

This happened this past weekend while coming off of a ledge. The damage was isolated to brackets holding the tire, no damage transferred to the tailgate!

IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

I️ have replacement parts on the way!

Jmo

Top Bottom