New guy from Pittsburgh

Turbo21

I got out to southington this weekend. Was a good trip no one broke anything but I did get buried in a mud and ice filled pit
IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg
IMG_0700.jpg
IMG_0698.jpg
IMG_0742.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbo21

Not too much cleanup. Hit a few water holes and cleaned right up
IMG_0744.jpg

Turbo21

I couldn’t see all the ice buildup in front of the bumper. I had to keep stopping then backup and pull all the ice chunks out. It was easier having someone run the winch so they could see the front of the bumper. Usually run it my self. The ice kept coming up on top of the winch

Tough to stay out of the mud at southington. Spent 3 hours Sunday cleaning inside and out

I might try and head to doe valley on the 15th. Not sure what you have going on. IMG_0702.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
I couldn’t see all the ice buildup in front of the bumper. I had to keep stopping then backup and pull all the ice chunks out. It was easier having someone run the winch so they could see the front of the bumper. Usually run it my self. The ice kept coming up on top of the winch

Tough to stay out of the mud at southington. Spent 3 hours Sunday cleaning inside and out

I might try and head to doe valley on the 15th. Not sure what you have going on. View attachment 322351

Ya, makes sense with the ice. We ran through some shit at Rausch that was 2" thick. Sure made me wince more than once hearing it clank off of the underside of the Jeep.

15th Friday? It's almost impossible for me to get away on week days.

Turbo21

Sorry it’s Saturday the 16th

I could have powered through the ice but much easier to pull the winch that ice was crazy thick. A few other trails we went and broke the ice up first IMG_0746.jpg

Turbo21

I finally figure out how to get my spare mounted. I thought for sure I was going to have to by the dv8 carrier. But was able to use a 2” extender to raise the factory mount and then grind a little bit of the hitch receiver down on the bumper. It closes easily and is nice and tight. The tire sits directly on top of the hitch receiver and has no stress on the hinges. Man is that a heavy ass spare
IMG_0780.jpg
IMG_0779.jpg
IMG_0782.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
LOL, a 42" Pitbull tire & wheel on the factory mount? What could possibly go wrong?

I'd be calling Bubba and ordering a HD carrier tomorrow. Seriously.

Turbo21

LOL, a 42" Pitbull tire & wheel on the factory mount? What could possibly go wrong?

I'd be calling Bubba and ordering a HD carrier tomorrow. Seriously.

If you saw it in person you would understand a little better about how tight it is. The tire is solidly sitting on the receiver No movement at all. I ran my 37 the same way for almost a year through dozens of off-road trips with no issues

The only thing I have to be careful with is opening the gate on a hill lol. Gotta take it easy once it’s open

Turbo21

Have you weighed one of those tire/wheel combos to see what you've got hanging out back?

My hernia from lifting it up there says about 150-160 lbs. when I close the gate it lifts up about 1/8” to set directly on the receiver. I did this like 2 weeks ago and ran it like that at southington No issues, still nice and tight. Gonna try it out for a bit and if it doesn’t work than will have to go with the hd carrier

BaddestCross

My hernia from lifting it up there says about 150-160 lbs. when I close the gate it lifts up about 1/8” to set directly on the receiver. I did this like 2 weeks ago and ran it like that at southington No issues, still nice and tight. Gonna try it out for a bit and if it doesn’t work than will have to go with the hd carrier

It's not just the shitty factory mount you need to worry about, it's the stress on the gate and hinges.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom