New JL Sport S

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Ordered, or I should say pre-ordered a set of high-line Mopar/Rubicon flares.

I chose the paintable ones because in my opinion they just look great. The extra cost to paint sucks but it will be worth it in the end.

They are supposed to come with the LED turn signals which is cool but I am guessing I will need to do a little custom wiring and add resisters. The LED replacement bulbs require them to make the signals blink at a normal rate. At least resisters are pretty cheap.

Hopefully they won't be too long since Mopar supposedly has them already.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
One Step Closer

Lift kit!! Used a 15% coupon for up to $200.00 off any Mopar parts purchase... so $1295.00. I felt that was a pretty good bargain, and the Dealer here had like, 11 of them in stock.
Really good instructions even if the install seems really easy. Still deciding tires and wheels. maybe I'll put it on next weekend or the one after that. Should be fun.

IMG_0526.jpg

Last edited:

JKbrick

Lift kit!! Used a 15% coupon for up to $200.00 off any Mopar parts purchase... so $1295.00. I felt that was a pretty good bargain, and the Dealer here had like, 11 of them in stock.
Really good instructions even if the install seems really easy. Still deciding tires and wheels. maybe I'll put it on next weekend or the one after that. Should be fun.

View attachment 305123

Nice! I like how they crate them

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

View attachment 305123
You can probably offset the cost by selling the empty crate. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

WJCO

Meme King
At the LA auto show, they showed that crate being used as a living room end table. Badass shit.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Stuff

Picked up the Mopar tailgate brace and tire carrier brackets to raise the spare up to fit a 35. Super easy install.
Also, with the tires in at Discount and wheels hopefully tomorrow... I knew I need to be able to calibrate everything. Took Eddie's recommendation and picked up a JL Tazer.
The Tazer will be worth it just to turn off the auto start/stop feature.
Pics of tires and wheels as soon as I have them. Even if the wheels are delayed, the lift kit is going in this Saturday.
Pretty exited about all of it.

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
The LOD sliders came today. Packaged very nicely and in perfect condition. Super easy install, less than an hour.
There are still 3 holes I need to drill, but these things are very solid as is. For street use, you don't even need the extra holes. It will easily hold the weight of a big boy.
Other than the extra holes it's an easy bolt on and they are a bit different than the JK ones install wise.
I would highly recommend to anyone and definitely do the powdercoat if you want it in black. It looks really good and no one else is going to be able to do it for only $20 extra dollars.

View attachment 302203

View attachment 302204

Sliders look good. [emoji1303] trying to decide between these and evos for the jl. I know my jk ones have taken a beating.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Uhh, the way I read that, he made the trip to Tucson to buy his beautiful new JL.......

Sorry if that reads weird. Bought it in Tempe AZ. Drove off the lot and went right down to Tucson with my wife to se a concert we'd had tickets for. Hadn't even test driven it. We tested a Rubicon but I just really didn't want that payment. Saved about 15k going with a sport S.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Arghhh.

Stopped at Discount today and had a bit of an issue. Not with Discount, but their vender. Apparently, even though my sales guy called and verified stock and sent all the correct info, the vender now says wheels aren't available and are out of stock/backordered. I was going to get the Method 312 17x9 in bronze, but that is now a no go. The wheels are in a container ship and wouldn't be in until mid August... maybe.
So, we found a solution and chose another wheel that I liked also in a 17x9 with the same backspacing. They are a KMC XD132 RG2. They only have 4, so I hope they all show up and are in good condition. The spare is backordered for about a month so I'll have to live with that.
The rings are supposedly removable, so when all the wheels are in, I will likely have the rings powder-coated with a metallic red. I've seen that done with the KMC Machete wheels and it looks really good.
I should mention the tires. I went with Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 315 70-17 (35 12.50-17). Those were in and I looked them. Just as cool in person as in pics.

Failed/cancelled wheels
Method_Race_Wheels_MR312_Bronze_Matte_Black_Lip_2048x.jpg

Now on Order
Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 4.16.40 PM.jpg

For giggles, a stock photo of the tires
1.jpg

Top Bottom