NEW Painless Performance Trail Rocker Option!

Question for Painless Performance: I figured I'd post this here rather than start a new thread. I'm planning on running 0 gauge cable to the back of my WJ (about 25 feet) and creating an auxiliary power port back there for a welder and a compressor. I've looked at two of your terminals (pictured below). Would either of these work ok as far as handling the heat/amperage for a welder? Or do you have any other suggestions? The only reason I'm doing it this way is because I have no room left under my hood for the welder or compressor.

View attachment 204669

View attachment 204670

WJCO,

I thoroughly apologize for not seeing this sooner, it's been a crazy couple months for all of us!

Your best bet, honestly, would be to run the 0-gauge straight through the firewall via a grommet and disregard either of the items you posted, if I'm understanding correctly your goals.

Any news on the release of the overhead panel?
The website still says:

P/N 57006
2007-16 Jeep Wrangler JK Trail Rocker Accessory Control System (Overhead Panel)

Coming Soon!

The setup looks super easy, and I cant wait to get one :thumb:

With every new product, there are added times in development we can't always account for. However, the paperwork is wrapped up and we have everything to build these in stock now, so it shouldn't be long. I'd hope you should be able to get your hands on one this August.

There is a few extra optional steps in the installation manual that allows you to install the Trail Rocker with key on power. What ever way you choose ( key on power or direct key off battery power) will apply to all of the switches. There isn't a way to wire individual switches different ways. I have mine installed with key off direct battery power. If you wanted a safety to prevent engaging lockers you could just pull the ARB air compressor relay, or just pull the fuses out of the Trail Rocker box for those switches.

As highoctane said, we give all the wiring to run the system as an ignition switched power, but it comes out of the box constant!

WJCO

Meme King
WJCO,

I thoroughly apologize for not seeing this sooner, it's been a crazy couple months for all of us!

Your best bet, honestly, would be to run the 0-gauge straight through the firewall via a grommet and disregard either of the items you posted, if I'm understanding correctly your goals.

No problem. I actually decided not to run a welder off the cable and figured out something else, so the power-distribution wasn't needed this way as opposed to the original way I was going to do it.

Munky

Back from the land of no activity.

Couple of questions

1. I emailed and asked on another thread about changing out the switches completely. So If I was to change out the switches to some that had a bottom light, is there a way to wire the switch to have the bottom light on when it is not active? IE I have a single ARB switch now that when ACC is on the bottom of the light glows.

2. For accessories that have ground leads: Do we just run each ground to the battery or frame?

zimm

Caught the Bug
Back from the land of no activity.

Couple of questions

1. I emailed and asked on another thread about changing out the switches completely. So If I was to change out the switches to some that had a bottom light, is there a way to wire the switch to have the bottom light on when it is not active? IE I have a single ARB switch now that when ACC is on the bottom of the light glows.

2. For accessories that have ground leads: Do we just run each ground to the battery or frame?

I replaced all of mine with dual illuminated green led carling switches. I powered them off instrument illumination for the words. All the extra wiring was tough to tuck in the panel. I had to run a screw to hold the right side.

Munky

I replaced all of mine with dual illuminated green led carling switches. I powered them off instrument illumination for the words. All the extra wiring was tough to tuck in the panel. I had to run a screw to hold the right side.

So you added another wire loom? shouldn't have been that much wire. Here is my thinking, Use the supplied ACC splice given with the trail rocker. Though instead of hooking it to the overall harness, just make a 5 splice off of it and hook those to pin 2 of the switch.

zimm

Caught the Bug
So you added another wire loom? shouldn't have been that much wire. Here is my thinking, Use the supplied ACC splice given with the trail rocker. Though instead of hooking it to the overall harness, just make a 5 splice off of it and hook those to pin 2 of the switch.

You also have to jump a ground to all switches too. Illuminatstion has separate ground. I also stuffed the arb compressor harness in there too, which is why it's crammed.

Top Bottom