New Rig - Silver Bullet - DTD, 60/80, 40’s....

Utah. Are you planing on doing all this to your jk or starting over with a newer Jeep? JL?

I’m awfully attached to my JK. But Adam has a point. I’m about to drop in a fairly fresh 3.6 in it and if I sold it I could probably come close to paying for bolt on coilovers and axles as Adam mentioned and start fresh with a new Jeep. To do all that’s involved in a DTD a pair of Pro Rock axles and a V8 of some kind I’d be well over what a brand new JLUR would cost. But like I mentioned, I’m awfully attached.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’m awfully attached to my JK. But Adam has a point. I’m about to drop in a fairly fresh 3.6 in it and if I sold it I could probably come close to paying for bolt on coilovers and axles as Adam mentioned and start fresh with a new Jeep. To do all that’s involved in a DTD a pair of Pro Rock axles and a V8 of some kind I’d be well over what a brand new JLUR would cost. But like I mentioned, I’m awfully attached.

About $35k for long arms, bolt ons 37’s, wheels and UD’s. Installed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Adam, serious question. Going from your 2 door with coil and shock making the jump all the way to the DTD and coilovers, is that something you’d do again now knowing what they are like or would you do it in stages and start with bolt on coilovers and build up from there? I ask because over the next year or so I’ve got some decisions to make with mine. Long arms are certain but I’m still torn on weather to stick with coil and shock or go all in with coilovers.

That's hard to Swallow. :eek:

I have heard that before!!!!:cheesy:

Exodus 4x4

Drive the JL long enough and you’ll get over it.

35’s, PR44 & Coil/shocks is sounding better & better. Lol

Lol. That’s why I have the setup I currently have. I upgraded the front axle as soon as I could, installed good parts in the rear and found a suspension setup that works well for now. But I’m finding myself wanting to push a bit harder and have come close to finding the jeeps limits enough times now that I’m thinking about the next stage. Adams rig is pretty much where I ultimately want to be.

MericaMade

Ain’t that truth. I’ve built a few JL’s now at work and have had the pleasure of test driving them extensively and that makes Adams point about just selling the JK and starting over with a JL right away even more tempting.

Not a bad Idea........wonder what mine is going for on the used market LOL.

benatc1

Hooked
I hate to say it but he's right, better to sell and "upgrade" if your looking to do that big of a jump, at least it'll be current for longer. Or do like Adam did and find a JK already built up and it'll probably cheaper than building your JK
About $35k for long arms, bolt ons 37’s, wheels and UD’s. Installed.

My wife is going to kill me..
Drive the JL long enough and you’ll get over it.

This^^

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I must be the only guy that finds my JK more comfortable overall than my JL. I find the seating position and console placement better for me in the JK and the seats are more comfortable in the JK too. The JL ergonomics seem a little too scruntched up :idontknow:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I must be the only guy that finds my JK more comfortable overall than my JL. I find the seating position and console placement better for me in the JK and the seats are more comfortable in the JK too. The JL ergonomics seem a little too scruntched up :idontknow:

It’s more so the drive ability for me. Comfort is easy to adjust with a set of mastercrafts. The 8 speed is leaps and bounds better than the five speed in this turd.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
It’s more so the drive ability for me. Comfort is easy to adjust with a set of mastercrafts. The 8 speed is leaps and bounds better than the five speed in this turd.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Drivability-wise the JL is better, no contest. Hopping back and forth between the two I keep trying to lower the JL seat more and push it further back. The JK feels like you sit into it. The JL seems like you sit on it

Top Bottom