Nitto Trail Grappler Discussion Thread

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
If you drive in the street a lot you might want to consider the 315/70 because they are a lower load rating and smoother on street. Also with the lower rating sidewall they flex easier. That's why I choose them back when I had 35s. My buddy had 35x12.5 and I had the 315/70s. They are essentially the same size tire. Just my 2c

Sent from my Samsung S5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ClarksAdventures

If you drive in the street a lot you might want to consider the 315/70 because they are a lower load rating and smoother on street. Also with the lower rating sidewall they flex easier. That's why I choose them back when I had 35s. My buddy had 35x12.5 and I had the 315/70s. They are essentially the same size tire. Just my 2c

I guess I hadn't thought to compare the if the load ranges were different. I think that settles it then. 315s for me .

bkac

Caught the Bug
I think as long as you get a C or D load range you'll be ok. Just stay away from E's

bkac

Caught the Bug
I ran the Toyo MTs in a 37 E load range and I had them down to about 19 pounds still rode rough as crap. That will be my last set of 10ply tires on a JK. NTG'S from here on out.
I had the Goodyear Duratracs in a 315 70 17. They were a really great tire soft, smooth, and pretty quiet.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Yup that's what I have now, toyo 37s. I have my coilovers with lighter springs to absorb some of it but still rough as hell

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I'm running replacement 255's. They are a major upgrade to the KM2's. They are quiet, are tenacious in snow and after 9k miles they are showing minimal wear. Highly recommended.:yup:

RDE2ROK

So I'm in a bit of a predicament, my build should be finished by the end of this month. I originally wanted to go to a 42" tire but not a lot to choose from, so the Nitto Trail Grapplers have had a lot of good reviews but Not Available! An order for 40x13.5x17 has been in to Discount Tire since Oct of last year. I sent a message to Nitto today and the said there is no ETD on that size right now and probably won't be soon! So now what? :doh:

MTG

Caught the Bug
So I'm in a bit of a predicament, my build should be finished by the end of this month. I originally wanted to go to a 42" tire but not a lot to choose from, so the Nitto Trail Grapplers have had a lot of good reviews but Not Available! An order for 40x13.5x17 has been in to Discount Tire since Oct of last year. I sent a message to Nitto today and the said there is no ETD on that size right now and probably won't be soon! So now what? :doh:

Toyos.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The 37" toyos are e rated as you know. But their 40s are c rated just like the nittos. I'm pretty sure they ate even made in same plant

07JKSahara

That would be great. I'm running 1.5 spidertrax's now so I should be covered.
Thx

Sorry this took so long. I've been working from home and ignoring the jeep.

Sorry it's dirty... Prairie City
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423198703.690873.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423198742.943262.jpg
The hardest part was the spare. I removed the bumper.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423198775.474641.jpg
Front, just in case you were curious.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423198816.743690.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
My 37s were Toyo's, they were a good tire but too hard of a rubber compound! But I may have to go back that way?:idontknow:

You will have a hard time finding Nittos in 40" right now. Or so I've heard. ;) If I couldn't go with Nittos I'd go with the next best thing. :yup:

RDE2ROK

The 37" toyos are e rated as you know. But their 40s are c rated just like the nittos. I'm pretty sure they ate even made in same plant

I did not know that! I will definitely check into it, I think the Nittos are too far out!:icon_crazy:

RDE2ROK

Thanks for the info 13_gecko_rubi, your right about the Toyo 40s, I will most likely be going with those as they are readily available! :thumb:

Top Bottom