Nitto Trail Grappler Discussion Thread

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I'll start, you saw mine. 35s on stock wheel. Fit fine with 1.5" spacers. No rubbing steering lock to steering lock, but I found out mine rub the fender at full flex in the back. I did it on purpose to test, but I'm still going to trim the fenders.

I run them at 22 street and 10 aired down. I went as low as 8, but got pretty nervous. Anyway, the biggest downside I've seen is that they are hard to get to wear even with that thin of a rim. Pics...

Vs rubi BFG..
View attachment 122674
Poser flex
View attachment 122676
~3.25 lift
View attachment 122677
Can see a little flex in the sidewall, that's about 14psi
View attachment 122679

Overall I love them, quieter than my BFGS and work great for the type of wheeling I do...

EDIT: forgot you asked about mounting. Big O did mine, they asked first, I said it can be done and they proceeded.

Do you have anymore shots of front, rear and how they sit?...please?

07JKSahara

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423531886.760413.jpg
Ignore the tire shine, I tried to stop them

. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423531924.720967.jpg
Poser!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423531976.595555.jpg
Pre bumper chop.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423532003.282052.jpg
Reason for the bumper chop.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423532076.440126.jpg
Not full stuff, but be aware of the Rock rails.

More to come...

catahoula

Caught the Bug
What kinda mileage are you guys getting with these tires? They do seem to be rated well across the board with different terrains.

07JKSahara

What kinda mileage are you guys getting with these tires? They do seem to be rated well across the board with different terrains.

That's tough for me, my computer has never worked, but I don't do worse than my wife's 4 door. 13 to 15 is probably where I'm at. Next fill up I'll do it old school calc.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Tire life mileage or fuel mileage? If the prior I believe Eddie and Cindy have about 40,000 on their 40" trails

07JKSahara

FWIW, I have maybe 7k on mine, no really visible wear. I'd be happy with 40k and I think I'll get it. Mine spend more time on pavement than I'd like.. :(

hdrider

I have about 35,000 on mine right now. I say about because my odometer shows 27,000 but I also tow it behind our motorhome and the odometer does not add miles while being towed so I can't be 100% sure. But they have been towed across the USA and back plus some.
When I get back to Oregon in April or May I will be getting new tires.

Rccrwlr

So this time I called my local AT store in Rocklin only to be shot down again with
AT: are you running aftermarket wheels
Me:no just factory
AT: we cannot legally put the 35"x12.5 TG on your wheels. You need to have min 8.5 and factory is 7.5
Me: but all my forum friends are doing it!
AT: it will damage the tire. We cannot

So alas I may buy from AT if they have the best deal but will have to take them somewhere to get mounted. Frustrated!

So this time I called my local AT store in Rocklin only to be shot down again with
AT: we cannot legally put the 35"x12.5 TG on your wheels. You need to have min 8.5 and factory is 7.5

So alas I may buy from AT if they have the best deal but will have to take them somewhere to get mounted. Frustrated!

So stupid...sorry for your troubles.

Let me get a price from my guy up here for you on the tires you want. I bet it will be close and it will include mount and balance.

07JKSahara

Sorry to hear... I can't believe the Internet friends comment didn't work!! ;)

Want to take my jeep to go park in front of their store?!? :)

Top Bottom