Nitto Trail Grappler Discussion Thread

MarkW13

I'll start, you saw mine. 35s on stock wheel. Fit fine with 1.5" spacers. No rubbing steering lock to steering lock, but I found out mine rub the fender at full flex in the back. I did it on purpose to test, but I'm still going to trim the fenders.

I run them at 22 street and 10 aired down. I went as low as 8, but got pretty nervous. Anyway, the biggest downside I've seen is that they are hard to get to wear even with that thin of a rim. Pics...

Vs rubi BFG..

Poser flex

~3.25 lift

Can see a little flex in the sidewall, that's about 14psi

Overall I love them, quieter than my BFGS and work great for the type of wheeling I do...

EDIT: forgot you asked about mounting. Big O did mine, they asked first, I said it can be done and they proceeded.

How is the road noise? I'm debating between these and the at g2.

07JKSahara

Hardly anything. I might be jaded, but I seriously think these are quieter than my rubi BFGS. If anything, they are one of the quietest and most versatile MTs I've ever run.

I would say any possible road noise over the G2 is minimal but the added benefit of the grapplers off road is huge. Again this is my opinion and I have not tested them side by side. But I have ran the same trails with guys that have the G2's.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I'll start, you saw mine. 35s on stock wheel. Fit fine with 1.5" spacers. No rubbing steering lock to steering lock, but I found out mine rub the fender at full flex in the back. I did it on purpose to test, but I'm still going to trim the fenders.

I run them at 22 street and 10 aired down. I went as low as 8, but got pretty nervous. Anyway, the biggest downside I've seen is that they are hard to get to wear even with that thin of a rim. Pics...

Vs rubi BFG..
View attachment 122674
Poser flex
View attachment 122676
~3.25 lift
View attachment 122677
Can see a little flex in the sidewall, that's about 14psi
View attachment 122679

Overall I love them, quieter than my BFGS and work great for the type of wheeling I do...

EDIT: forgot you asked about mounting. Big O did mine, they asked first, I said it can be done and they proceeded.

Don't know if I posted but your rig looks AWESOME!:rock: Mine same color but soft top. I put one of those same size next to mine and it gave me the warm fuzzies. I might go smaller though. I drive 25 miles one way and a 2011 with auto and 3.73's might not be enough.

07JKSahara

Don't know if I posted but your rig looks AWESOME!:rock: Mine same color but soft top. I put one of those same size next to mine and it gave me the warm fuzzies. I might go smaller though. I drive 25 miles one way and a 2011 with auto and 3.73's might not be enough.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I drive about 18 miles one way for work, most days of the week. I have 4.10s and its fine. Mine is an auto, and it's the same 3.8. 3.73s should be manageable for a time. Any plans to regear?

When I bought my 2012 JK it already had basically new 37x1250 x18 Nitto Dune Grappler, what are your thoughts about their off road performance?

Calys003

What's the overall height of the 37x1250x17 trial grappler m/t tire with the weight of the jeep? I have 37x1250x17 bfg km2s and they are 35 5/8" sitting under my JKUR

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks, I appreciate that. I drive about 18 miles one way for work, most days of the week. I have 4.10s and its fine. Mine is an auto, and it's the same 3.8. 3.73s should be manageable for a time. Any plans to regear?

Way down the road. Would love to get the Enforcer kit. Running 18/59 and Rubi shocks with TF leveling kit for now. I know i'll kick myself in the ass if I don't go with 35's and am looking at 285/75/17's.

MarkW13

Hardly anything. I might be jaded, but I seriously think these are quieter than my rubi BFGS. If anything, they are one of the quietest and most versatile MTs I've ever run.

Thanks for the feed back, i prefer the mud terrain, just dont want to listen to the howl.

07JKSahara

Way down the road. Would love to get the Enforcer kit. Running 18/59 and Rubi shocks with TF leveling kit for now. I know i'll kick myself in the ass if I don't go with 35's and am looking at 285/75/17's.

I'd have to agree, you'll be really happy with 35s :) See if someone local will take you for a spin with 35s and 3.73, it's no race car, but that's not why we own these things!

bkac

Caught the Bug
I'd have to agree, you'll be really happy with 35s :) See if someone local will take you for a spin with 35s and 3.73, it's no race car, but that's not why we own these things!

Just don't go wheeling with someone with 37's or 40's, it will be an expensive trip. :D

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Just don't go wheeling with someone with 37's or 40's, it will be an expensive trip. :D

Yup! I was quite content with my 35s, but went on the Wayalife Kick Off Run and just this morning sold my 35s and have 37s w/Slabs on the way! Now all I need to do is figure out who to send the bill to! :D:D

Yup! I was quite content with my 35s, but went on the Wayalife Kick Off Run and just this morning sold my 35s and have 37s w/Slabs on the way! Now all I need to do is figure out who to send the bill to! :D:D

And then if you wheel with us you'll want 40's. It just never ends.

Top Bottom