No inner fender?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What would be the benefit of not running liners? Does it really help with cooling or is it better so you don't get mud trapped behind trimmed liners. Or just basically easier to ditch them. Just curious

For the most part, it's just easier to leave them out after trimming your fenders or installing tube fenders.

What would be the benefit of not running liners? Does it really help with cooling or is it better so you don't get mud trapped behind trimmed liners. Or just basically easier to ditch them. Just curious

I'm sure it helps with cooling also. My dv8 front liners get reeeeally hot to the touch after driving for not even that long.

WJCO

Meme King
I've had a Ford, a Toyota truck, and now a Jeep with no inner fenders and no issues on any of them myself.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Other than maybe a little more dust and dirt in the engine bay, I have had no issues at all not running my liners. Even getting stuck in mud and slinging it all over the place, the engine bay stayed clean. I will agree that it sure does look better with a liner, I dont have the patience to trim them to fit around my coilovers.

Warebear

These are the ones I'm worried about, behind the passenger inner fender. There is also a couple small ones on the driver side.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464719331.193327.jpg

Hammmerhead

I'm going cut up some factory plastic inner's and try and fit around my bolt on EVO Coil overs. Too much mud around here no matter where you go, its just unavoidable. I think having a fender well liner looks better, but to each his own.

This area is what concerns me also. I have no idea what these are for. Are they waterproof connectors? Would they be damaged with the liner.

Excuse my newbness.

This is the reason I put my liners on also...thinking water and debris could damage that area. However, it sounds like, from what Eddie was saying, that he has not had any issues with not running liners and his wheel area is going to be the same as ours. And obviously he's put his JK's through every type of terrain in an aggressive fashion. What I take from this thread is that we are okay to run without the liners...

cforgerson

If there's anyone word I trust its Eddie's and I don't doubt that running no inner fenders is perfectly fine, but just out of curiosity, what are those wires inside the fenders?

Ddays

Hooked
I took mine off when I trimmed my factory flares with the intention of reinstalling them. Never got around to it and I've driven through a friggin blizzard in Wyoming, rainstorms, mud, dirt, dust, etc, etc, and honestly forgot about putting them back in. Screw it, I'm not installing the damn things now. And if Moby, Rubicat & Vanilla Ice/Flipper haven't suffered any side effects, that's good enough for me...

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Haha yeah I just took mine out to looks way better .. I did trim the inner to keep the wheel well protected from chipping the paint but when I took it off I'm like ok yeah I'm just gunna leave it off

Smoot_JK

I was worried about those connections as well, but it looks like it's not that big of a deal. If Eddie hasn't experience a problem with those connections, then I shouldn't have anything to worry about since he wheels 10x harder than I probably ever will.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
These are the ones I'm worried about, behind the passenger inner fender. There is also a couple small ones on the driver side.

View attachment 205893

This is the reason I put my liners on also...thinking water and debris could damage that area. However, it sounds like, from what Eddie was saying, that he has not had any issues with not running liners and his wheel area is going to be the same as ours. And obviously he's put his JK's through every type of terrain in an aggressive fashion. What I take from this thread is that we are okay to run without the liners...

If there's anyone word I trust its Eddie's and I don't doubt that running no inner fenders is perfectly fine, but just out of curiosity, what are those wires inside the fenders?

I was worried about those connections as well, but it looks like it's not that big of a deal. If Eddie hasn't experience a problem with those connections, then I shouldn't have anything to worry about since he wheels 10x harder than I probably ever will.

So, as if by magic, EVO MFG and Off Road Evolution have come up with a simply solution:

(Link removed but I will try to get a photo of it somehow shortly.)

I hope that the link works, but they pretty much have already addressed this issue and I wait for them to be available for sale.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, as if by magic, EVO MFG and Off Road Evolution have come up with a simply solution:

facebook.com/132471153679/videos/10154234637008680/

I hope that the link works, but they pretty much have already addressed this issue and I wait for them to be available for sale.

LOL!! Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit self-defeating to have a big EVO cut out RIGHT where the connectors in question are located? :thinking: :idontknow:

Also, if it's all the same to you, I'd be grateful if you wouldn't direct people to FB pages. It is against our rules. Thanks
http://wayalife.com/faq.php?faq=wayaliferules#faq_otherforums

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
LOL!! Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit self-defeating to have a big EVO cut out RIGHT where the connectors in question are located? :thinking: :idontknow:

Also, if it's all the same to you, I'd be grateful if you wouldn't direct people to FB pages. It is against our rules. Thanks

Oh man!!! So sorry. I tried to just get a link or some photo, but did not have the technical know how. I have edited it to remove the link. I will try to figure out a way to get just an image with my own software shortly after my meeting at work.

Yeh, I just saw the cut out that would allow particles like mud, dust and rocks to still get through. I was blinded by the EVO logo I never saw past it. Good point.

WJCO

Meme King

(Link removed but I will try to get a photo of it somehow shortly.)

Oh man!!! So sorry. I tried to just get a link or some photo, but did not have the technical know how. I have edited it to remove the link. I will try to figure out a way to get just an image with my own software shortly after my meeting at work.

Yeh, I just saw the cut out that would allow particles like mud, dust and rocks to still get through. I was blinded by the EVO logo I never saw past it. Good point.

You could always use that part, but ahead of time, have some painted steel and tack weld it behind the EVO cutout. That would look cool and cover up the hole.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone actually verify with PROOF that these connectors need to be shielded? I mean, is there anyone out there who's actually had these connectors go bad because they were exposed or are people with over active imaginations and money to burn just wanting to buy something just in case? :idontknow:

Top Bottom