No inner fender?

Ddays

Hooked
Oh man!!! So sorry. I tried to just get a link or some photo, but did not have the technical know how. I have edited it to remove the link. I will try to figure out a way to get just an image with my own software shortly after my meeting at work.

Yeh, I just saw the cut out that would allow particles like mud, dust and rocks to still get through. I was blinded by the EVO logo I never saw past it. Good point.

LOL - Saw this guard yesterday on Instagram. While it may look cool, I think its unnecessary. Mines been through enough without the inners that if something was gonna happen it would have by now.

Exodus 4x4

Can anyone actually verify with PROOF that these connectors need to be shielded? I mean, is there anyone out there who's actually had these connectors go bad because they were exposed or are people with over active imaginations and money to burn just wanting to buy something just in case? :idontknow:

I was wondering the same thing. Even Mel comments in his Instagram post for those shields that he's never had problems NOT running wheel wells.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering the same thing. Even Mel comments in his Instagram post for those shields that he's never had problems NOT running wheel wells.

The only reason why he's making them is because he's been getting so many people with overactive imaginations asking for something to protect these connectors. And, I totally get what he's doing. Where there's a demand, there will be a supplier and it might as well be him.

BLCK4X4

Can anyone actually verify with PROOF that these connectors need to be shielded? I mean, is there anyone out there who's actually had these connectors go bad because they were exposed or are people with over active imaginations and money to burn just wanting to buy something just in case? :idontknow:

I don't know what the plugs are for but I do know a little something by the way they are constructed.... Judging by the Gel sealant around the wire inlets, and the rubber gasket between both boots. These were designed to be submerged in water. This is most likely why no one has had any problems as to getting them dirty or wet running no fender liners...

Let me do some digging and see if I can find some hard evidence for you guys:Rock:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
The only reason why he's making them is because he's been getting so many people with overactive imaginations asking for something to protect these connectors. And, I totally get what he's doing. Where there's a demand, there will be a supplier and it might as well be him.

This is 90% of people buying stuff for JK's.

99.9%%%

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You know, I wish I had more of an overactive imagination before I ran over a stick, rendering my stock Rubicon disabled. I understand that was a freak accident, but then this plate may or may not address another possible freak accident. I think the consumer would justify the purchase with "it is cheaper than getting towed out of the backcountry" or "those connecters probably cost more the plate itself". Whether the product is truly justified is a whole different question.

Eddy, your words have given me true pause though regarding my intent to buy. Lacking any significant experience, it is good to have all of your and other members' wealth on this forum. Thank you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You know, I wish I had more of an overactive imagination before I ran over a stick, rendering my stock Rubicon disabled. I understand that was a freak accident, but then this plate may or may not address another possible freak accident. I think the consumer would justify the purchase with "it is cheaper than getting towed out of the backcountry" or "those connecters probably cost more the plate itself". Whether the product is truly justified is a whole different question.

Eddy, your words have given me true pause though regarding my intent to buy. Lacking any significant experience, it is good to have all of your and other members' wealth on this forum. Thank you.

The difference is, there are TONS of examples of where skid plates have helped to protect vital components under a Jeep and where the lack of one has caused a real problem for guys like yourself. I can only assume that Jeep got rid of the transmission skid plate they used to include on JK's in favor of a "skid bar" because they were having issues with heat and drive shaft contact. That being said, if you do a search, I think you will find ZERO examples of where these connectors have gone bad due to them not being protected. The JK is just about at the end of its life cycle and in the almost 10 years since it's been out and over 1 million units on the road today, I would have thought there would have been at least a few examples of this being a problem. That's the difference between PROOF and an over active imagination.

AU Bronc N JK

They look to me like they are engineered for harsh environment with the sealed connectors and water proof plugs. Not certain they need to be shielded.

And yes, generally I think all of Evo's products are top notch, but they are counter intuitive to say this is going to protect the connectors from the 'elements.' Maybe small rocks and large mud chunks from the tire. But water and sand are definitely still passing through these.

They will definitely sell and mel will make some
Money off of them. But I'm just not certain they are needed when the inner fenders are removed.

tinman760

I am just trimming them and leave em in. Inner fender wells that is. They dont weigh much, and not too hard to make em fit. If they get cumbersome, they go bye bye. Just my $0.02.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Just my two cents. I've been running these since nr4x4 first got them. I'm running the front half of the oem liner and I drive my jeep on 60 miles of dirt road to and from work and haven't had any problems with snow, mud or salt yet. Have noticed my engine has stayed cooler as well during the summer.

Lil Nasty

So I have the poison spyder inner liners that were FREE when I purchased my crusher fenders. With that said I had no intention of running an inner liner. I took said free liners and installed them. I love the look and ease of clean up from mud. I hate installation and removing if I need to get behind them. I've scraped up my arm several times trying to squeeze in behind them just to avoid the hassle of removing them. Like I said I love the looks but if I have to take them off one day for something they will likely stay off for those reasons. Just my story from this brand.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kcdee00

I ran for a while with no inners. No problems, but I didn't want to have any either so I installed ACE inner fenders

Randy Tadevich

Great thread to read. Great example of how versatile the wrangler is and everyone can make it their own based on what appeals to them. I like everything from the undercarriage down to be black. So I just trimmed to fit the front, remover the rear and painted it black. I have noticed its easier to wipe clean the fronts from that sticky ass mud. Easier to wipe mud from that than any engine components.

Sent from my LGLS740 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom