NO LIFT & 37's on a JL WRANGLER - Can it be done?

Wethy

wayoflife;1024621 The fenders ARE trimmable. You just need to remove the trim and liner and I think you could make this work. Working on it now :)[/QUOTE said:
That looks sweet! Just thouvht id throw this in there casey curries JL has the fender liners and DRL/signal removed. Maybe something to look into for yourself if needed.

Heres a pic. Incase you want some inspiration foe JET Li
Screenshot_20180306-145403.png

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
that wheel/tire combo looks good :thumb:

that's pretty amazing the 37's fit with zero trimming, not that they'll run that way, but they fit!

the stance with a couple of inches is going to look good.

Did you drive it any distance to see if the transmission "learns" or will it require a tune?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That looks great! I figured you’d install the lift, first, but thanks for doing it this way, so we can all see it.

We had considered it but we really wanted to see what 37's would look like without any lift. Just to get ideas for the future if nothing else. :yup:

Damn that looks awesome! That low look with them wheels does give it a mean look like ya said.

Looks like it's on the prowl :cool:

I may be against the grain, but I am hugely not a fan of the "tires are way too big for a stock Jeep" look, like this, where there is an inch between the tire and the flare. Makes me cringe when I see one. I prefer the look of a balanced and thought out setup with some lift.

LOL!! There's more than an inch between the tire and flare but hey, to each their own. We really like a low stance and have found it to work best out on the trail. Either way, we're installing a lift so there's that.

It is amazing how much this changes the overall look and stance. Bummer on the clearance on the rear- - Looks great though!!

Eh, it's all good. Don't know if we'd really run a setup like this but I could see how it'll be a problem once we get up on 40's. We'll need to address the rear clearance at that time for sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That looks sweet! Just thouvht id throw this in there casey curries JL has the fender liners and DRL/signal removed. Maybe something to look into for yourself if needed.

Oh yeah, our friends over at Jeep hinted that we could do this well before we saw that pic. For now, we really like the full fenders but I could see where this might be a necessary move to clear 40's.

that wheel/tire combo looks good :thumb:

that's pretty amazing the 37's fit with zero trimming, not that they'll run that way, but they fit!

the stance with a couple of inches is going to look good.

Did you drive it any distance to see if the transmission "learns" or will it require a tune?

Haven't driven more than we needed to being that it was rubbing in the rear and over ever little bump. Hope to get some real testing in soon.

Looks great! Looking forward to seeing Jet Li's growth.

Looks amazing! Drive around with the mismatch spare and tell everyone it’s the [emoji507]

LOL :crazyeyes:

offcamber

Artec had this one at the Offroad Expo here in Dallas this weekend. 37's and no lift, just the lower fender delete.

Definitely isn't legal on the street though..

20180303_150602-XL.jpg

Houndy95

Love the tire and wheel combo. I have never been a huge fan of machined wheels but this combo has me really rethinking that! :thumb:

Wethy

Oh yeah, our friends over at Jeep hinted that we could do this well before we saw that pic. For now, we really like the full fenders but I could see where this might be a necessary move to clear 40's.

Ha ha makes sense im sure they knew current jk owners were doing it, so why not make it an easy -ish job to do!

stoneman

Holy smokes batman that look suweeeeeet!!!!
Man 37's on anything looks good but awsome on the JL. I can already see it once he goes vertical, will be looking awsome and ready for the adventures! Cheers you guy's for the awsome content and outstanding video work on your youtube channel i really enjoy it.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Jet Li looks bad ass with those new shoes. Makes me wish I had 13.5 on my JKU. I can't wait to see how the new axles and other components hold up to 37s. Should we place bets on what will bend/break first? Lol. Thanks for the awesome coverage on the developments of your JL.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockingK

Lcog

Nice to see the incremental progress and where the limitations are. I have made mistakes in stripping everything out and finishing with tires and wheels after lift only to modify things I didn’t need to. It really helps me on my thoughts on my future JL. Maybe less is more. Thank you for all your effort bringing this to us, priceless :rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Artec had this one at the Offroad Expo here in Dallas this weekend. 37's and no lift, just the lower fender delete.

Definitely isn't legal on the street though..

I dunno. I can't say that I'm digging the no fender liner look or at least, not without painting things black. Looks kinda ghetto like that.

Love the tire and wheel combo. I have never been a huge fan of machined wheels but this combo has me really rethinking that! :thumb:

LOL!! It isn't too bad, is it? :cool:

The JL is looking bad ass, can't wait for the lift and some flex shots!

Don't know how impressive flex will be with just a budget boost and shock extensions but, we'll be sure to try :crazyeyes:

That tire wheel combo is now on my wish list. Rig looks awesome!

LOL! Nice :)

Holy smokes batman that look suweeeeeet!!!!
Man 37's on anything looks good but awsome on the JL. I can already see it once he goes vertical, will be looking awsome and ready for the adventures! Cheers you guy's for the awsome content and outstanding video work on your youtube channel i really enjoy it.

Thanks, we're so glad to hear it :)

Top Bottom