Noob Coil over question..

2007 JKU

Banned
Ran the e disco with a stock bar and now the ORO and a 1" Currie rear....so much better on and off road. IMO much better stability than just the disco unlocked.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You're right it was 2011 man time flies...yeah it looked like a link attached to an arm and was wondering if that was part of the evo lever or if he was running something other than stock at that point...

From his pick above its obvious the stocker works just fine with appropriate links.

Just asking to satisfy my curiosity.

Ahhhh posted just before me...thanks for the clarification!

I really do appreciate it....investigating just how bare bones I can go with at least having coilovers up front and still weighing options in the rear.

Cheers

Really, if you do coil overs, do yourself a favor and do the rears at the same time. Trust me, you'll do it anyway and sooner than later if you don't. Don't worry about all the other stuff you don't need.

Ran the e disco with a stock bar and now the ORO and a 1" Currie rear....so much better on and off road. IMO much better stability than just the disco unlocked.

Of course, you forgot to mention that you're NOT running coil overs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I assume that members can read.....

You do like to assume a lot don't you? So you know, your signature doesn't show up on the apps.

...plus gives you something to bitch about.

:cheesy: Funny, all I said is that you forgot to mention that you're not running coil overs. This is after all a thread about coil overs. But hey, what do I know.

pastorwug

main.php

Now that kind of flex is just astonishing to me!
It almost defies logic to me.
Amazing!

bl17z90

LOL!! Kinda looks broken doesn't it :crazyeyes:

BTW, this is Cindy behind the wheel and that's GCM 2 off to the right helping out.

This was Carnage Canyon no? What happened to Greg's rig? He doesn't seem like to the guy to pass by anything based on seeing his picture of all 4 tires a few feet off the ground at Silver Lake.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This was Carnage Canyon no? What happened to Greg's rig? He doesn't seem like to the guy to pass by anything based on seeing his picture of all 4 tires a few feet off the ground at Silver Lake.

If I recall, he had a broken transfer case cable and a locker that wasn't working.

bl17z90

I plan on getting the enforcer or possibly the Double D for the comfort, but coilovers could do well with the kind of wheeling we do here.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I plan on getting the enforcer or possibly the Double D for the comfort, but coilovers could do well with the kind of wheeling we do here.

my :twocents: is that coilovers are a little overkill for us out here. perfect for out west but to much for us. just my :twocents:

bl17z90

And I would agree however if Ben wants them then I see nothing wrong with him getting a set. I also wouldn't mind drooling over them next time we go up to Rausch :bleh:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
And I would agree however if Ben wants them then I see nothing wrong with him getting a set. I also wouldn't mind drooling over them next time we go up to Rausch :bleh:

oh yea if ben wants to run them more power to him. i wouldnt mind seeing them in action more often! :rock:

pastorwug

BTW, this is Cindy behind the wheel and that's GCM 2 off to the right helping out.

I'm hoping my wife will have that kind of courage when we hit the Rubicon this summer. I showed her this picture and she asked me "Is that Jeep going to make it out?"
It's Eddie's wife driving!
Lucy said: I want to try that!

So maybe she 'll take the wheel this summer for a while

Mods at the speed of Caltrans

GCM 2

Unfortunately I had broken a few pieces on my jeep the day before on Holy Cross; transfer case cable (not just the 13¢ bushing) and my ARB compressor took a permanent nap.

Had it only been my transfer case cable, I would have manually placed it into 4 low and hit Carnage Canyon. However, not having the ability to lock and unlock differentials on that trail is a non-starter! I had just as much fun spotting for Moby and EVO1 while Wayoflife filmed the whole event :rock: That trail is on my list to run.......one day!

JK1

question for a friend that is trying to figure out his build on a 2008 2 door.... he has a budget boost on now and wants to upgrade his suspension that being said would you buy coilovers and run them with stock Control arms and upgrade your arms later.. or would you do a Enforcer kit and and 3" springs?? he is wanting to run 37's :beer: eventually he will be upgrading to coil overs anyway

Last edited:
Top Bottom